Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Holy crap... Emperor help us. Scary profile. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Robthebob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:32 pm
Wow. I just noticed someone who added me to friends, had **THE** absolute worst section I have ever read here.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/index.php?view=profile.ShowProfile&item=4595952

*twitches*

Sure, the background is nice, avatar is nice... The once you get to the words, you'll explode.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:01 pm
That, is very sad. Very sad indeed.

Etna In Netherland

Ellis Bell Esq.

Thirteenth Partier

400 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:05 pm
My head a'splode! gonk

So uh, a few things wrong with her profile right off the bat:
1) The background. I'm on the brink of a seizure.
2) Her utter ignorance of the pronoun "I". Girly, listen: You're not mysterious. You're not Sybil with 16 different personalities. Stop slaughtering the third-person.
3) Does she not know how to comment on other user's profiles?

The sad part is, she's kind of cute. In an adorable way. I hate to see another stereotypical example of "beauty sans brains".  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:55 pm
Okay, the background is giving me a headache, and it doesn't help I am sick to begin with.. *pulls over trash can*

And I CANNOT STAND people who type like that. I feel like commiting murder with a typewriter... It causes physical agony, AGONY for me to read it..  

Kait Yslanaa

Dangerous Dabbler

splashseal

Fluffy Bunny

19,225 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:49 am
The alternating lower-case/upper-case was the first thing I noticed, too. What the bloody hell is the point of that? Damn, that is annoying. Add to that the text talk and you have a linguistic nightmare. I think it's funny that someone actually pointed out the use of it down in her comments section, but sadly she would be the type of person that thinks it is a form of self-expression. Also down in the comments: someone used "chu" for "you". scream Will someone stab them, please? They need it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:47 pm
I feel sick and dizzy..... @_@  

Tarantellatears

XxJennessaxX

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:00 pm
My eyes!
One of my eyes just popped out! *Puts on an eye patch* There! pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:22 pm
I really don't understand why people talk like that at all. I mean, its your profile, don't you want people to be able to read what you wrote about yourself? neutral  

Zhiege

Lionel Hutz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:28 pm
Robthebob
Wow. I just noticed someone who added me to friends, had **THE** absolute worst section I have ever read here.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/index.php?view=profile.ShowProfile&item=4595952

*twitches*

Sure, the background is nice, avatar is nice... The once you get to the words, you'll explode.

I think I just got dumber for reading that, my eyes hurt....  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:31 pm
I think we are all starting to die slowly inside. I honestly dont see the point

oF tYpInG lYkE dIz CuZ iT iS nOt KeWl nD iT tAkZ tOo MuCh TiMe 2 aLtErNaTe BtWeEn UpPeR aNd LoWr CaZe LeTtErz...

By the Emperor, that took too long to type. Way easier if the person just typed normally. Its at least a BIT more bearable with her comments she's done on my page.

My eyes hurt... gonk  

Robthebob

Lt.Colonel_Ryu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:40 am
While I agree that the spelling is atrocious, the seemingly random capital letters are actually a pattern of sorts - only 'e's and 'o's are capitalized, no other letters. While it is most certainly rape of the eyes, it's not entirely eithout reason, apparently.

Just felt like pointing that out.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:57 am
I just hate it when people do the uppercase/lowercase thing. It pisses me off because one, it's so very pointless, and two, they're usually typing incorrectly when they do that.

*slices person up with katana*

YourLovelyBear

Beloved Bear

17,725 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Queen_Of_The_North

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:16 pm
I think I've been blinded by that f ing (excuse the word) background! lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:17 pm
My god... I just had a stigmata in my eyes. No, not a stigmatism. A stigmata. There's blood everywhere >.<  

Battousai_0001

- Xenn be Twisted -

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:54 pm
*pukes* burning_eyes I feel sad for you...  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff