Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.
How do you get your copy of Shojo Beat? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you subscribe to Shojo Beat?
  Yes :)
  Nope.
  I'm not allowed :(
  Other/Poll whore option
View Results

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:43 am
I was just curious to see how many people subscribe, and if not, why.
I know some people are international buyers who have to buy it in stores, some people aren't allowed to subscribe due to parents, and some people may only buy the individual manga volumes in the Shojo Beat line, but I was curious to see what other other reasons there are, if there are any.
So, talk about how you get, or don't get, your copies of Shojo Beat.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:03 pm
I buy mine when I go to a bookstore and such. I want to subscribe, but I haven't got to it yet.  

ice_blu

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:48 am
ice_blu
I buy mine when I go to a bookstore and such. I want to subscribe, but I haven't got to it yet.

That's what I do too. I'm planning on asking for a subscription for my birthday in May.

Yay! Someone responded!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:34 pm
I buy mine from Waldenbooks, but hopefully I'll get a subscription soon. ^-^  

Ceana Hikari

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:18 am
Okami-ko
I buy mine from Waldenbooks, but hopefully I'll get a subscription soon. ^-^

Oh...I heart Waldenbooks...it's where I first discovered Shojo Beat.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:05 pm
User Image
I buy mine from the bookstore, i would like to subscribe but they don't except american express crying

-Victory for the Lolita-

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:11 pm
guzeno
User Image
I buy mine from the bookstore, i would like to subscribe but they don't except american express crying

Well that's just silly...It'd make them money...I wonder why they don't take American Express...hmm... confused

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:25 pm
I buy it from the bookstore because my mom said that if i wanted to subscribe ,I would have to pay for it myself whiich is something i would do if i wasn't 14, had a credit card and knew how to fill out a money order! I'm in the process of getting a debit card so then i can go and buy it^_^ YAY ME!  

Mrs Dread

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:44 pm
Dee409
I buy it from the bookstore because my mom said that if i wanted to subscribe ,I would have to pay for it myself whiich is something i would do if i wasn't 14, had a credit card and knew how to fill out a money order! I'm in the process of getting a debit card so then i can go and buy it^_^ YAY ME!

I know how you feel...though I do have a debit card...I just don't want to use all the money at one time...so I'm going to wait til my birthday to ask for a subscription, though with the semi-promise of a Wii...I'm not really gonna beg... whee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:06 pm
Everyone on this thread, so far, buys from a store.  

ice_blu

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:58 pm
ice_blu

I would have thought more people would have subscriptions, but apparently not...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:18 am
My mail is kinda random thanks to it comes through a campus mail system. So I just go down to the local comic/manga store and buy it there. ^_^ and normally end up picking up a volume or two of manga on the way to the cash register. ^_^;;  

A Kiss of Starlight

Sparkly Star

kel aka gandy
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:26 pm
Hime_Tsuki
My mail is kinda random thanks to it comes through a campus mail system. So I just go down to the local comic/manga store and buy it there. ^_^ and normally end up picking up a volume or two of manga on the way to the cash register. ^_^;;

Lol. I think we all know how that goes. whee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:10 pm
kel aka gandy
ice_blu

I would have thought more people would have subscriptions, but apparently not...
I thought that too.  

ice_blu

lotusflower23

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:13 pm
When the magazine first came out I used to buy it in stores, but I now have a subscription. I like the advantages of subscribing to it. You get the issue before it hits stores and you get the special gift inserts that are exclusive for subscribers.  
.: Shojo Beat :: The -now defunct- Magazine :.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games