Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Searching for directions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

People Counter
  +1
  +2 (me: "WTF?!?!?")
View Results

Trekkette

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:29 pm
I used to know how to make little dolls out of yarn. All I remember is wrapping yarn or floss around a cardboard rectangle. My sister had made a doll for our mom a long time ago. I'll add a picture of it if I ever find it.
If anyone knows how to do this, I would be soooo happy!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:15 pm
hmmm...
but if you knew what they were called I might be able to do a search. I don't think 'yarn doll" will get me very helpfull search results.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:40 pm
I know one version, let me see how well I can describe it:

-Wrap yarn around a cardboard rectangle several times. The more times you wrap it, the nicer your doll will look. Try not to wrap it too tightly.
-Break the yarn, but don't remove it from the cardboard yet. (I'll call this bunch of yarn wrapped around the cardboard the "body")
-Take a short piece of yarn and insert it under the body. Tie it into a nice square knot. This forms the top of the head.
-Remove the yarn from the cardboard.
-Take another short piece of yarn and tie it around the body below the top of the head. This forms the doll's neck and head.
-Cut the loops of yarn so the doll thus far resembles a tassle.
-Lay the body on a flat surface. Separate a few strands of yarn on either side to form arms. Tie a short piece of yarn around the body at the midpoint. This forms the doll's waist.
-Tie two short pieces of yarn at the halfway point of each arm. Trim the arms to form wrists and hands.
-Leave the remaining half of the body as is to form a skirt, or separate the lower body into two sections and tie short pieces of yarn near the bottom to form ankles.

(Is that what you meant?)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:43 pm
heart Brunette_Star, that's it! Thank you! 4laugh  

Trekkette

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:51 pm
heart Canadian_Trekkie - Glad I could lend a hand! biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:24 pm

that sounds likke a nice doll simple yet easy.

Kanhoro

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff