Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Guild
Sasuke bashing. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

You think Sasuke bashing sucks too, right?
  YES.
  No, I'm dumb. :B
View Results

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:52 pm
Am I the only one who thinks that Sasuke bashing is kind of lame? I can understand people not liking his character, but most of the people who profess to be soooo annoyed by him are usually diehard fans of Naruto. But let's look at the facts for a moment, shall we?

1. Naruto has a dream to become Hokage. He refuses to let anyone get in the way of this dream. If people try, he stops them with force. Sasuke has a dream to avenge his dead family. He refuses to let anyone get in the way of this dream. If people try, he stops them with force.

2. When something bad happens to Naruto, he feels useless and weak and vows to get stronger! When something bad happens to Sasuke, he feels useless and weak and vows to get stronger!

3. Sasuke considers killing Naruto but can't because of his conscience, which makes him EVIL. Naruto states repeatedly that he'll break Sasuke's bones and bring him back mutilated, which makes Naruto awesome and dedicated.

4. Sasuke knocks Sakura out when she threatens to call guards to stop him from escaping, and he's branded evil and callous and undeserving of anyone's love. Naruto seriously hurts Sakura while in Kyuubi mode, and no one cares. He's still a woobie.

5. Sasuke has to choose between a sexy older man with power, talent, and an incredible tongue, and a loud, annoying twelve year old retard who refuses to ever leave him alone or stop screaming in his ear. He picks Orochimaru. Great choice, or greatest choice?

Anyway. I think we can see who the real genius is here. Hint: it's not Naruto.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:57 pm
heart heart You know how I feel about this.~

People are just so mindless and change their opinions to fit whatever the main character's opinion is.

Naruto: Happy go lucky douche bag who has no real problems. <--LOL ILL GET BASHED BY BUTTHURT FANS SO BADLY FOR THIS

Sasuke: Awesome super genius.  

EwYouNerd

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:11 pm
Sasuke... irritates me. In a way that he willingly made bad choices. But I'm not a Sasuke-Hater.

I mean, I like Naruto. My second favorite. People hate Sasuke, and love Naruto. If they agreed with Naruto, they'd still like Sasuke. Naruto feels a great sadness that his friend has left him, and hopes to reclaim him.

If we agree with our favorite characters on Sasuke... Well, Shikamaru seems to think Sasuke is a threat. He used to hate Sasuke. At the same time Shikamaru hated Sasuke, I was completely impressed by Sasuke. When Shikamaru was sent to rescue him (first time, by Kakashi), he was like, "Bah don't like Sasuke he's coke-snorting b***h." But I liked Sasuke.

Then when he was sent to rescue him (second time, by Tsunade) he was indifferent. "I don't like Sasuke or anything, but we've got to save him, blah blah blah." I still liked Sasuke. Hoping he'd come back. That he was going through a bad phase, and would try to come home. I've lost hope by now, but I still like the kid mostly. I'm just irritated that Sasuke chooses to make stupid choices in order to kill his brother. He feels as though he must do it alone.

So agreeing with our favorite characters on Sasuke... I beg to differ. I guess you could say I agree with him now. But in the past I didn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:12 pm
EwYouNerd
Naruto: Happy go lucky douche bag who has no real problems. <--LOL ILL GET BASHED BY BUTTHURT FANS SO BADLY FOR THIS

BUT NARUTO IS OUTCAST BY THE WHOLE VILLAGE sad

...Except for the small fact that, you know, everyone loves him.  

mofoslotmachine

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:13 pm
Shikalee
Sasuke... irritates me. In a way that he willingly made bad choices. But I'm not a Sasuke-Hater.

I mean, I like Naruto. My second favorite. People hate Sasuke, and love Naruto. If they agreed with Naruto, they'd still like Sasuke. Naruto feels a great sadness that his friend has left him, and hopes to reclaim him.

If we agree with our favorite characters on Sasuke... Well, Shikamaru seems to think Sasuke is a threat. He used to hate Sasuke. At the same time Shikamaru hated Sasuke, I was completely impressed by Sasuke. When Shikamaru was sent to rescue him (first time, by Kakashi), he was like, "Bah don't like Sasuke he's coke-snorting b***h." But I liked Sasuke.

Then when he was sent to rescue him (second time, by Tsunade) he was indifferent. "I don't like Sasuke or anything, but we've got to save him, blah blah blah." I still liked Sasuke. Hoping he'd come back. That he was going through a bad phase, and would try to come home. I've lost hope by now, but I still like the kid mostly. I'm just irritated that Sasuke chooses to make stupid choices in order to kill his brother. He feels as though he must do it alone.

So agreeing with our favorite characters on Sasuke... I beg to differ. I guess you could say I agree with him now. But in the past I didn't.

She didn't say favourite character though, she said main character. >_>  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:17 pm
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

I made the connection by both of your posts.

Yours saying Naruto-lovers, indicating that they stalk Naruto and glare at Sasuke; usually in reference to Naruto's opinion, and her contrast between that and your post.
I assumed she was referring to YOUR post, since it was the first post and all. =/

So prove me wrong all you want. I can't be right or wrong here. It was just two cents, and it was relevant whether you want to b***h about it or not.  

Syndactyly

darlingtonia californica

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
But Sasuke's emo. >_>

At least Naruto smiles and actually puts effort, while Sasuke's just an a** who's naturally good at things, which like everyone hates.

Seriously.
And all Sasuke fans only like Sasuke 'cause he's 'hot.'

Please, that's no reason to be obsessed with a character.

'OMGAWWWWD AI LOVE SAUCE-GAY, HE'S SO HAWT! NO HE'S MEIN, NAWT YAWS.'

Ew.

Besides, the title of the series is 'NARUTO.' Not Sasuke.

Help me bump my quest thread? <3

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:42 pm
[Harakiri]
But Sasuke's emo. >_>

At least Naruto smiles and actually puts effort, while Sasuke's just an a** who's naturally good at things, which like everyone hates.

Seriously.

Ew.

Watching your whole family get murdered and then seeking revenge for it is emo? O_o

You can't say ALL character fans like a character for X reason, because there are always people who don't. I don't think Sasuke's hot and I like him. XD I like Sakura and Naruto for various reasons too. Of course there are people who like Sasuke because he's "hot", but that isn't the majority.  

mofoslotmachine

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 3:46 pm
Shikalee
mofoslotmachine
Shikalee

I made the connection by both of your posts.

Yours saying Naruto-lovers, indicating that they stalk Naruto and glare at Sasuke; usually in reference to Naruto's opinion, and her contrast between that and your post.
I assumed she was referring to YOUR post, since it was the first post and all. =/

So prove me wrong all you want. I can't be right or wrong here. It was just two cents, and it was relevant whether you want to b***h about it or not.

Mm, that wasn't really my point. I thought my point was obvious, but I suppose I've been unclear.

What I meant to show with my post is that people can be really hypocritical about character hate. A lot of people hate Sasuke and then go on about how great Naruto is, and my initial post was pointing out that that's kind of dumb because there are a lot of similarities in their respective characters. If you hate Sasuke for such-and-such a reason, then it's kind of unreasonable to overlook that in a similar character. That's my point. Also I was being kind of an a**.

I'm not bitching about anything, I posted one sentence because nobody had said favourite anywhere. xd And now I'm clarifying. That's not bitching.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:16 pm
mofoslotmachine
Mm, that wasn't really my point. I thought my point was obvious, but I suppose I've been unclear.

What I meant to show with my post is that people can be really hypocritical about character hate. A lot of people hate Sasuke and then go on about how great Naruto is, and my initial post was pointing out that that's kind of dumb because there are a lot of similarities in their respective characters. If you hate Sasuke for such-and-such a reason, then it's kind of unreasonable to overlook that in a similar character. That's my point. Also I was being kind of an a**.

I'm not bitching about anything, I posted one sentence because nobody had said favourite anywhere. xd And now I'm clarifying. That's not bitching.
You weren't unclear. I purposefully digressed because I was too lazy to discuss what, in my opinion, took a little more effort.

People are. Most Shikamaru haters in this guild have shown signs of hypocrisy. Same with Sasuke haters and Sakura haters. I'd say those three characters have the most stupid hate I've ever seen.

Sasuke hate is ESPECIALLY stupid for the most part. People don't understand; when you've lived through something tragic, you do stupid things. I know this. I live with a TRUE psychopath. He just exploded yesterday and I was injured. Beaten, to be honest.  

Syndactyly

Syndactyly

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:19 pm
[Harakiri]
But Sasuke's emo. >_>

Seriously.

Ew.

Sasuke IS hawt (IMO). D: But that's no reason to like a character.

The things I like about Sasuke are really his... well, "general air." I get a feeling when I see Sasuke. He seems like a friend. Well, he IS Naruto's friend. He's a friend gone bad. More than anything I find Sasuke very interesting to watch. Constantly do I want to know more about him.

But he's far from my... Well, he doesn't hit my top 5 favorites, let's just say that. He'd probably fit in the top 10, though.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:23 pm
Interesting view.... >.> You made some very good points ^^; I guess most people just don't like him for leaving all his friends on a path of vengance... at least that's why I don't like him X_X  

churrlo

darlingtonia californica

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:41 pm
Shikalee

The things I like about Sasuke are really his... well, "general air." I get a feeling when I see Sasuke. He seems like a friend. Well, he IS Naruto's friend. He's a friend gone bad. More than anything I find Sasuke very interesting to watch. Constantly do I want to know more about him.

But he's far from my... Well, he doesn't hit my top 5 favorites, let's just say that. He'd probably fit in the top 10, though.

xD Of course he's hot. But that's no reason to not bash him. xD

I like Sasuke when he was younger. :/
If you can remember the chapter with the flashback of Naruto and Sasuke when they were younger, and Sasuke is sitting on that dock thing, and they walk past eachother and then smile afterwards, that's the only part where I really loved Sasuke. xD

But otherwise I don't like him because... he's just ...too... Gah. Emo. xD

xD; So anyway, I'm not a Sasuke fan. Even though I roleplay Sasuke sometimes. xD!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:47 pm
[Harakiri]
Shikalee

xD Of course he's hot. But that's no reason to not bash him. xD

I like Sasuke when he was younger. :/
If you can remember the chapter with the flashback of Naruto and Sasuke when they were younger, and Sasuke is sitting on that dock thing, and they walk past eachother and then smile afterwards, that's the only part where I really loved Sasuke. xD

But otherwise I don't like him because... he's just ...too... Gah. Emo. xD

xD; So anyway, I'm not a Sasuke fan. Even though I roleplay Sasuke sometimes. xD!!

I think Sasuke's best moments were when he, Naruto, and Sakura were training to run up trees. Him and Naruto threw up together in the end!
But really, their rivalry and friendship was really cute. I was really depressed when Sasuke left, because now they were true enemies.
YEAH! THAT FLASHBACK... I loved that part too! :]

Bah. I always play Shikamaru or Naruto. I was Sasuke once, but I found it so boring. I'm just glad when other people take it. gonk  

Syndactyly

mofoslotmachine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:17 pm
churrlo
Interesting view.... >.> You made some very good points ^^; I guess most people just don't like him for leaving all his friends on a path of vengance... at least that's why I don't like him X_X

Yeah, I can definitely understand people not liking him. He's not a character everyone will like, and I don't really care if people don't for the most part. The only problem I have is people bashing him for stupid reasons. xd He may not be a likeable character, but he's a necessary character, and a very well-written one, and some of the arguments people make are ridiculous.

I used to dislike Sasuke too, trufax. But then all the bashing in the fandom meant I paid more attention to him when I reread early chapters, and I discovered I actually quite liked him. He's interesting to me, and he gives Naruto, Sakura and Kakashi such interesting development that I can't help but like him. xd  
Naruto Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff