Captain

Original Visionary

15,050 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:21 am
User Image

Pan's Labyrinth is made up of two interwoven narratives, one fantasy and one realistic. Both are strong stories in their own right, but the intertwining of the plots makes the overall film outstanding. Ofelia, the young girl, is the lead in the fantasy portion of the movie. While it may appear that she is also the lead in the realistic half, keep your eye on Mercedes, the housekeeper.

There is considerable rather sadistic violence in the movie. This is, however, understandable as it either advances the plot or reveals the character of the people involved.

Bottom line? I thought the movie was excellent.

Note: The movie is in Spanish, subtitled in English. It is such a strong movie that this detracts from the experience not at all. I can, without hesititation, say that this is the best subtitled movie I have ever seen.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:36 pm
I hope it wins the Oscar for it's categories!  

HardCandyHitsugi

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

CocoaCoatedCoffeeBean
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:32 am
i saw it!!
So awesome!! from the animation to the creativity of the film. it was just an awesome movie. i really enjoyed myself can't wait for the DVD so i can watch it a couple hundreath times, i enjoyed the fact that it was in spanish probably because i speak spanish, but anyhow go watch it if you can!!

-Cocoa  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:06 pm
I didn't even think that this movie was out yet. I hope i get to see it soon. I've seen previews on YouTube and it looked amazing.  

I Scarlet I

Nahxsua

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:08 pm
I am going to see it tomorrow. I saw it was rated R, have heard from friends that it RULES, and want to see it sooooo badly!!!!
YAY FOR SATURDAY!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:17 am
i really want to watch it =D looks so awsome would be cool if they put it on IMAX and 3d it lol  

ryc_boi

G.Ober

8,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:44 pm
I'm dying to see this movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:35 pm
I think Guilliermo Del Toro is a great director and he got Doug Jones to play the Pale Man. He was the same actor who played Abe Sapien in Hellboy, another of Del Toro's works.

The storyline is great and Ofelia definetly has a great imagination and innocence.
I really want to see this whenever I can.  

Jedusor

5,200 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rose of Pluto

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:53 pm
I didn't get to see it, but I wanted to. My mom was going to see it, because it had been a while since she had seen a movie in Spanish, but she didn't see it, when she heard how violent it was.

We're both rooting for it in the Oscars this year, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:20 pm
it was not that violent, there was some oviously but mainly you know the violence happened but youdon't see as mcuh besides it was necesary and your mom missed out. oh well. but yeah i went to see it twice  

CocoaCoatedCoffeeBean
Crew

sailor Z

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:43 pm
I LOVED it. It was beautifully done and captivating all the way through. I loved every second of it, and thought that it was every bit as good as the queen. I see no reason why it wasn't nominated for best picture.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:53 pm
i thought it was brilliant. i can't wait until it comes out on dvd.  

d a s Z o m b i e

Ryoko_Radley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:31 pm
Im so ready to see it this weekend biggrin . It'll be a great way to start out my spring break. I've been excited to see it since I first saw a preview for it. I LOVE the fantasy genre with a passion, and get excited about any and all new releases in said genre from any given country.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:17 pm
This looks orgasmic! I'm dying to see it!  

Silver and Silence

Ryoko_Radley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:19 pm
Let me just say, that after I finally saw it...I was breathless for the first 10 minutes after I left the theater. It was an absolutely perfect ending, a wonderful balance of tragedy and bliss. I loved every moment; every shot was perfectly planned and executed. It definitely deserved every Academy Award it won. I give it a 15 out of 10. However, be warned, it has scenes in which you can see why it was rated R, and I wouldn't recommend it for someone who doesn't like Mythology, or who never believed in fairies. <3  
5: Entertainment Stew W. Cocoa

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff