Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
vampires Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you watch/read about vampires before?
Yes
77%
 77%  [ 56 ]
No
18%
 18%  [ 13 ]
You are kidding...
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 72

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:04 pm
Ever since I read Twilight and New Moon my mom thinks I'm into all things vampiric, and she keeps borrowing me these books from the library. That's fine, but after Twilight a lot of these books just can't compare. The vampires in them dont' fit my new internal image of what vampires should be like. sweatdrop

What do you imagine vampires to be like? What new concepts did Stephenie Meyer introduce to you, that you'd never thought of before?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:08 pm
I already knew that vampires are pale, and beautiful, and all that. I knew they were somewhat strong and fast, but not quite like Stephenie Meyer described them. I'd read of some vampires who wouldn't burn in the sun, they just didn't like it, and vampires who didn't sleep in coffins but in beds - but again, not quite like Stephenie Meyer described it. And there were no sparkles before. xd

I'd never before thought that a vampire's skin might be hard, just cold. I mean, you always hear about vampires being stabbed through with stakes - that wouldn't work unless their skin was normal, right? The whole red/gold eyes was new for me too. And the no sleeping thing...

I wonder, though. I thought bruising had something to do with blood or blood vessels? So how would vampires have bruises under their eyes just because they can't sleep?

Omg, made this post too long. Oh well. sad  

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 10:36 pm
There were a lot of new concepts she introduced me too...most of which you already mentioned.

That bruise thing is a pretty interesting thing to research...I thought it was being pointed out that the main reason they had bags under their eyes was because they were hungry. The more hungry, the more tired they looked, basically.

But I don't know...I've never gotten into the whole science of it all. Unlike Bella, I'm not exactly a genius in that subject (which is pretty ironic since I got all A's this semester except two C's, one in Trig and one in Physics).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:52 am
I've been into vampires before Twilight, actually. I've read Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice, and I've also seen loads of vampire movies before (Underworld, Dracula: Dead and Loving it, Van Helsing, Queen of the Damned, Interview With the Vampire to name a few). So naturally, I was drawn to Twilight after reading a brief summery about it in a magazine. Needless to say, once I got my hands on a copy, I couldn't let the book down.

One of my favorite parts about Twilight is how Meyer portrayed vampires. The fact that she changed some of the stereotypical vampire traits without overdoing it really seperates Twillight from any Anne Rice novel.

Garnet17th

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:40 pm
The only vampire movies I saw before were Van Helsing, Dracula, and Underworld. I'd read a few books before with vampires in them, but they weren't particularly outstanding, except for the books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. Her books are great (particularly Shattered Mirror. The Kiesha'ra series - starting with Hawksong - is her best work, but those aren't vampires, they're shapeshifters)!

Underworld used to be a real favourite of mine, but now I find it too violent. I much prefer the vampires of the Twilight universe. And the second movie ruined Underworld for me too.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:04 am
I have always had an obsession with vampires and having the friend i do only strengthened that obsession! xd xd  

perpetual_insanity_1213

-The Missing Half-

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:23 pm
Ive always enjoyed the taste of my own blood...

yeah i have always been into vampires and the whole sparkly skin thing was new to me. i think of myself as a vampire because my canine teeth are extremely sharp and pointy, and because i am EXTREMELY pale. (I can't even find the right color foundation at the stores, i am too pale!)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:51 pm
Alice-Cullen-Vampire13
Ive always enjoyed the taste of my own blood...

yeah i have always been into vampires and the whole sparkly skin thing was new to me. i think of myself as a vampire because my canine teeth are extremely sharp and pointy, and because i am EXTREMELY pale. (I can't even find the right color foundation at the stores, i am too pale!)

To your small text there, don't worry. I enjoy mine too.
In fact, it's irnoic you said that because I'm tearing at the skin on my lips as we speak ninja

I used to be pale...But now I'm medium colored, I guess. I fit in too much with humans D:  

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

sportgirl3192

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:26 pm
lol, my mom doesn't even know what the book is about! haha  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:41 pm
Never thought of the whole sparkeling deal...Kind of odd really...I'm an old vampire crazy...I first saw Interview With A Vampire at 6 and haven't stopped loving vampires since. I read, watch and in all ways possible, absorb as much of these creatures as possible......I have issues  

Akasha31993

Ligerlilly

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:01 am
All the vampires before this book seem acute to the Cullens glory. Now, I can only imagen vampires as beautiful, white skined gods/goddesses.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:46 pm
Why they have the brusing under the eyes is because they are hungry. I wasn't to into vampires sure I heard stories and other stuff like that but I never payed it any mind.  

Arriana_lynn

lost_smile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:39 am
I am majorly obsessed with vampires, but not in a cray psycho way, I just really like reading about them and seeing movies and learnig the different(for lack of a better word) theories about them,and I have a friend who used to be the same way(she moved and we havn't talked in like 3 years or so) and Stephenie Meyer's idea completly blew my mind I think that might be why I love it so much, its so much different than the traditional stories.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:09 pm
I just finished reading Dracula for English and I can't reconcile the vampires in Bram Stoker's novel with the ones in Stephenie Meyer's. I mean, Dracula just has too many powers to be believable: turning into fog, putting people to sleep, the strength, shrinking, etc.

At least I can dream that the Cullens exist. Dracula? - no chance.  

complex_ity_
Vice Captain

Hygienic Fatcat

7,800 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bidding War 100

Jasmic
Vice Captain

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:30 pm
Goodness...
I have one big pet peeve about vampires for some reason: I hate it when they turn into a bat. It's really weird, even for me, because I'm okay with werewolves and all. But I draw the line with bats. Maybe it's because I imagine those old-fashioned movies where th vampire disappears in a cheap puff of smoke and suddenly a bat appears.

What's the latest movie that has a vampire dislaying Dracula-like powers anyway?

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff