Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Metroid Guild

Back to Guilds

Journey to the very depth of Zebes, the official guild for the Hardcore Metroid Fan. 

Tags: Metroid, Samus, Prime 

Reply The Official Metroid Guild Main Forum
My thoughts about Super Metroid

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you love Super Metroid?
  HELLZ YEAH!
View Results

Sakana_Izumi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:32 pm
With this, my only beef with Super Metroid is the map. When you go to Tourian, when you press "START" you already have the map. Why? Because Samus has already been to Tourian. But the thing is...You pass through Old Tourian to get the Morph Ball and Missiles in the beginning of the game, but they say it's part of Crateria. Also, the elevator leading from Old Tourian leads to the starting point of the first Metroid game! What happened to the rest of it, and the part of Brinstar that you have to go through to get to the starting point? I know I have way too much time on my hands to notice this, but it kinda bugged me that they didn't use the map from the original Metroid.

Here's part of a map for the original Game:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Now here's part of a map for Super Metroid:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

You can post your own thoughts too, about the game in general, but please nothing about how awesome it is.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:59 pm
That's a really little thing... domokun
But I'm sure they just changed the map a bit for the gameplay in Super Metroid. But that is pretty weird. confused
Anyways, I've never played Super Metroid. I'm sad. I think you can buy it on Wii...I will, first thing.  

metroidmania

Card388
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:33 pm
metroidmania
But I'm sure they just changed the map a bit for the gameplay in Super Metroid. But that is pretty weird. confused
Anyways, I've never played Super Metroid. I'm sad. I think you can buy it on Wii...I will, first thing.

yeah i haven't got it too when i get new com am gonna get a SNES emulator LOL  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:35 am
Card388
metroidmania

yeah i haven't got it too when i get new com am gonna get a SNES emulator LOL
I have emulators strictly because my mom has never EVER let me get a TV console system. I mean, I beat Super Metroid 13 years after it was released. Sad, no?  

Sakana_Izumi

Card388
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:36 pm
omg that mean you never played prime series?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:15 pm
Yes. It has (except for Prime Hunters, but I hate FPS, so I haven't even found the first artifact). Now stop gawking.  

Sakana_Izumi

The Official Metroid Guild Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff