Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Poetry
Poetry

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold
  Yay!
View Results

LunaticBelle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:28 am
I'm not that good, so please cut me some slack sweatdrop . However honesty is appreciated.

My heart is lost within this fog
Can you help me to find it?
The cold hard rain is relentless

My heart of ice may shatter
Numbing me to your warmth
I feel so small my voice is lost

If you stumble on my heart
Please
Don't break it  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:10 pm
Awwww... That's so cute. biggrin I think you could make it a bit longer and still retain the atmosphere. Just keep your word choice 'innocent'. Remove the "to" in your second line and I think it'll flow better.  

Lord_Skyy

`Lenzor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:32 pm
LunaticBelle
I'm not that good, so please cut me some slack sweatdrop . However honesty is appreciated.

My heart is lost within this fog
Can you help me to find it?
The cold hard rain is relentless

My heart of ice may shatter
Numbing me to your warmth
I feel so small my voice is lost

If you stumble upon my heart
While you wander through the storm
Please
Don't break it

Don't worry about it, your poem is excellent. As long as you can feel some sort of emotion in a poem that's what counts. Anything can really be a poem.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:53 am
Thanks guys. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply 3nodding  

LunaticBelle

LunaticBelle

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:55 am
Lord_Skyy
Awwww... That's so cute. biggrin I think you could make it a bit longer and still retain the atmosphere. Just keep your word choice 'innocent'. Remove the "to" in your second line and I think it'll flow better.
I knew I should have made it longer crying 4laugh . I just couldn't think of more lines after that. I was kind of sad and just started writing it. Then I got happier and the feeling was lost.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 8:36 pm
I liked the brevity of the piece. It was simplistic and sweet. I think you did great on it.  

hippiepoet1964

LunaticBelle

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:23 am
I edited it a little. The third line of the last stanza didn't fit the rythm of the rest of the poem.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:22 am
I think it's quite a thoughtful little poem. It's short, I admit, but that's what makes it nice: it's simple, yet complicated at the same time. Nice touch.  

Wolfie Kid

Fuzzy Flatterer

9,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Gachetemas

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:43 pm
I think these should three separate poems. The imagery in the stanzas are too different. They feel separate. Not connected. They're fine poems, though.

Man. It must be frustrating when you can't think of what to say. I guess if you want longer poems, it is better to just spill your guts and hope for the best. Then you can edit. That way you won't lose good thoughts.  
Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games