Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
*Solved* Question about quality of custom eyes

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ever happened to you?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:17 pm
First off, I'm sorry if this doesn't make much sense. I'm kind of at loss for words to describe what's going on, so please bear with me.

I downloaded the awesomely realistic set of Leon's Eyes from modthesims2.com, and they looked perfect in the screenshots, but the quality wasn't nearly as great when I was in CAS trying to create Sims with the set.

I happened to be in body shop a minute ago, because I'm organizing custom hair and I was making sure which was which. I decided to play around with the eyes, and they looked perfect in body shop.

Why isn't the quality as great when I try to create a sim in the game? Do I need to create sims in body shop and then use the game CAS screen to upload my saved sims? Or will it even make a difference? (Edit: No, it doesn't! sweatdrop )

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 12:27 pm
My guess is that having the game running, as aposed to bodyshop, is meaning that your computer is concentrating more on making the game run rather than making the textures look nice.

I personally don't like realistic eyes for my Sims. I had some once but when a Sim looked down their eyes became black because the shading across the top of the eye filled the eye socket.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:39 pm
Oh. So you wouldn't have a clue why it doesn't focus on the quality? Now I'm gonna have to retreat to google. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:00 am
In the game, do you have all the high graphic options on (or at least the ones that affect the sims)? If you don't, maybe that's the problem? Otherwise, I have no idea.  

LinkGirl

Captain Jenocidal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:31 am
Yes! I found the answer on mts2 yesterday and now they work beautifully!

Thanks, Link Girl. If I hadn't found the solution before reading your post, you would've saved me. I didn't have the settings on high.

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games