Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
The Blood and Chocolate movie.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

choirperson

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:04 pm
Here's the link to the movie description: http://www.hollywood.com/moviedetail/Blood_and_Chocolate/380586
This is the link to the trailer: http://www.hollywood.com/trailer/Blood_and_Chocolate/3594561
Has anyone else read that book? It's one of my favorites, and the movie's causing me pain. cry  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:41 pm
I read and loved the book, but I refuse to see the movie. I saw the trailer, and it looks so ridiculously different from the book that I won't touch it.  

Saffyre Tempest

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:23 pm
I loved the book! I'm going to see the movie tomorrow night. I can hardly wait! I hope if they are different, they're completely different, know what I mean?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:52 pm
I swear, it was one of the greatest books I'd ever read. And, I did so on a number of occasions. But from the looks of things, and what I've been told by friends, the movie is just as wonderful.  

Totensonntag

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:45 pm
Well, I have seen the movie. Movie was great, but it was like somebody took the characters and wrote a fanfic. A good fanfic, but a fanfic none the less. If you like movies that at least kind of follow the storyline, don't watch. You will be beyond disappointed.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:15 pm
I read the book recently, I thought it was fine, not great, not bad. Well if the movie doesn't follow the book I don't see a point in it. If it's going to have the book title on it shouldn't it be the same as the book? That's my opinion, at least.  

darkrose_eve

1,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:21 am
I could see the trailers on my computer but I LOVED the book!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:10 am
Part of me wants to see it because it could be an acceptable movie, if I ignore the fact that it was based on a book I loved and is barely similar to beyond character names. I hate it when they ruin books with movies.  

Kali Eyad

Ruthless Ladykiller

9,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Brandisher 100

Acoustic Memories

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:37 pm
Personally i loved the book although i think the title kinda made me skeptical about it at first but it was really good  
Literature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games