Reply The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild
have you ever noticed? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Numai Outcast

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:08 pm
have you ever noticed that they sometimes cut things out of the movie that was in the book? if so,have you noticed?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:51 am
Gawd yes, there's so many occurances it's insane. They also make a habit of creating things that didn't happen in the books...I think that bothers me more than things they leave out...  

l3roken5oul

covo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:28 pm
They cut loads of stuff in every movie.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:20 am
Well, the point behind that is because Movies are a very different medium than books. Its a visual storytelling medium that has to be handled differently.

While us hard-core book fans would enjoy a sentence-by-sentence movie version, the film producers and directors realize that the move must be in a marketable format which means 90 minutes to approximately 2 hours per film. Market research indicates that the bulk of the audience for these films is a younger crowd, hence a shorter movie...

There's just no way hollywood will make an intensely detailed, unabridged movie version of a book - they hardly ever sell enough to make it worth their while.

So, yes, we are stuck with movies that only present some of the more exiting book-bits... enough to tell a mostly coherent story on-screen.  

Arphaxad

iwanttherainbow

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:28 pm
Arphaxad
Well, the point behind that is because Movies are a very different medium than books. Its a visual storytelling medium that has to be handled differently.

While us hard-core book fans would enjoy a sentence-by-sentence movie version, the film producers and directors realize that the move must be in a marketable format which means 90 minutes to approximately 2 hours per film. Market research indicates that the bulk of the audience for these films is a younger crowd, hence a shorter movie...

There's just no way hollywood will make an intensely detailed, unabridged movie version of a book - they hardly ever sell enough to make it worth their while.

So, yes, we are stuck with movies that only present some of the more exiting book-bits... enough to tell a mostly coherent story on-screen.

. . . what he said. . .  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:38 pm
of course iv`e noticed  

o_sugarsweetie_o

Fleur Evette

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:23 pm
They always cut lots of stuff out of the movie. I liked Goblet of Fire though alot was cut out of it.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:28 am
Uhhhh.....yes, of course they cut things out of the movie. If they kept everything in, it would be like 20 hours long. Well, just once, I wish they'd do that because I'm sick of all the cuts  

Harlequin-Avarice

Mara Jade Immortal

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 3:38 pm
it's sad that they have to cut things out of movies, but as books get longer......personally they could have made GoF 4 hours long and I wouldn't have cared.....but still. it's worse when they completely change events or add events that are not in the books...... crying  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:43 pm
My friends complain that all I do is complain about what's wrong when we see the movies. sweatdrop  

evil_black_cat

Fleur Evette

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:42 am
Yeah they do that all the time. I don't ussually mind to much as long as they don't make a scene to different from the book.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:44 pm
yea i have tottaly noticed!! it`s so annoying but I guess they do that cuz the movie will be 2 long if they put in every single part!  

o_sugarsweetie_o

lnkmstr10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:12 pm
The movies are "based" upon the book, which means they are portraying the same story, but in their own way.

Plus, if they put everything from the book into the movie, it would be like 5 hours long, and while I'd thoroughly enjoy it, most non-book readers wouldn't  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:54 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oh, I've definitely noticed. Especially with the Prisoner of Azkaban movie; that Alfonso idiot took out crucial information about the Mauraders!

You can paint your life a rainbow of colors.

Shigures Editor

LoveSnivellus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:24 am
yeah, Ihave noticed, but they have to do that, cause if they actually used the book as their script, then the movies would be like 6 hours long...  
The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff