Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Peeps

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you okay with who you are, as a person?
Yes!
83%
 83%  [ 10 ]
No. . .
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

(LD)Croaks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:02 pm
OK, so I'm surfing around Gaia right? And suddenly ! I think "Wouldn't it be grand if there was a place where all the literate people on Gaia(or at least a portion) could get together and just be literate? Well, I'm still looking. EVERYONE in this guild except for a nameless few have this over-bearing condition where they magically have the right to correct everyone else. You people do not have the right to tell other people what they should and should not be doing! You start all these little petty threads about some instance in your miserable little worthless lives about how you ran into someone who said something or other in "TXT TALK". And then, you say how much you corrected them and how much they were annoyed and how much you were better then them and how much blah blah blah. This is not OK! This guild is supposed to be a place where literate people can just get together and talk normally. But instead you turn it into some Nazist institution where all you do is make fun of people who don't have as shiny grammar as you or don't spell as well as you do. You should all be b***h-slapped across the face with an iron hand. Nobody on this earth has the right to judge anyone else. Just because someone says something in TXT TALK doesn't mean you're better then them. This is wrong! This is not how REAL people who live in the REAL world should act. You think you have the right to say these thing because your safely shielded by the internet? Oooh, nobody knows who you are! You can do whatever you want! You can say your a gay man and correct people! WRONG! There is no way in Hell that you are right in what you are doing.

And let me ask you, just stop being so callous and get rid of this "I'm better than everyone else" twelve-year-old-princess thing and tell me, in your shoes. Do you think what you are doing is okay? Please answer me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:24 pm
Nope.

's why I don't do it.

Go me!  

The Man who was Thursday

Yavie Feels Pretty

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:28 pm
Pardon me while I worship the ground you walk on. u_u;

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:40 pm
Yavie Feels Pretty
Pardon me while I worship the ground you walk on. u_u;

Ounsrey

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:52 pm
I generally don't bother trying to correct people I chat with because I know I'll only be met with hostility.

That said, I won't begrudge my members their desire to do it if they wish, plus I enjoy reading the stories about the idiocy they encounter when doing so.

This guild is a place for people who are truly frustrated with "txt tlk" and the like to blow off some steam. Some of the threads may seem petty, but if you're a grammarian and have to deal with "txt tlk" and illiteracy on a daily basis, you're going to explode eventually. At least I would.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:13 pm
I've been known to be a smartass in some places, but I'm not here.

I've rarely corrected anyone, and I really don't like flaming kids on here.

Otherwise, the only other reason I don't really do anything is because I don't care.

I don't really know.

To be clear, I do act like a smartass in reality. I shouldn't act so, but I honestly can't help it.
I can, but the only way I possibly could is by not talking altogether.

limp dick

Ishita_Kanzar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:47 pm
When you have done nothing wrong, there is no need to be defensive. *looks pointedly at (LD)Croaks*  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:47 pm
I laugh at the hypocrisy of your post.

You say that no one has a right to judge anyone else, yet you judge us.

You accuse us of having an "I'm better than you" attitude, yet you display the same attitude towards us.

You tell us that we don't have the right to tell people what they should or should not do, yet you tell us what we should be doing.

Pardon my saying so, but you are a jackass. You make this post for no other reason than to insult the members and makers of this guild, stating that "You should all be b***h-slapped across the face with an iron hand!", and in the same breath, say that we cannot judge anyone? I am sickened by this logic, or lack thereof.  

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

(LD)Croaks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:05 pm
DarkElf27
I laugh at the hypocrisy of your post.

You say that no one has a right to judge anyone else, yet you judge us.

You accuse us of having an "I'm better than you" attitude, yet you display the same attitude towards us.

You tell us that we don't have the right to tell people what they should or should not do, yet you tell us what we should be doing.

Pardon my saying so, but you are a jackass. You make this post for no other reason than to insult the members and makers of this guild, stating that "You should all be b***h-slapped across the face with an iron hand!", and in the same breath, say that we cannot judge anyone? I am sickened by this logic, or lack thereof.

I am not judging you, I'm merely stating facts about things which bother me. If people bother me than I have the right to say so, no? I never said that I was better than you. I never even talked about you. If you are going to call me a jackass then think about what you are doing. What have I done to you? When did I do it? And why do you think I'm a hypocrite when I have done nothing of what I said I disliked? If I thought I was better than you I'd say so, I wouldn't hide and let people come up with phantasmal rumors about me. If I judged you then I would have clearly said something like "DarkElf27 is an egotistical a** that believes himself to be of a higher level then others. He should be shut off from society and left to think about what an intolerable buttmunch he is." Did I say this? No. I did say "You should all be b***h-slapped across the face with an iron hand!" This does not mean I am judging you, this is me stating how I feel about something. If you want to over-react do it somewhere else.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:08 pm
Ezra Pound
Nope.

's why I don't do it.

Go me!

Yes, go you! 3nodding  

(LD)Croaks

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:16 pm
With all due respect (which at this point I believe is very little), this entire thread seems to be an overreaction on your part. If you are unhappy with the guild, then please leave, rather than repeatedly disrespecting crew members and those around you.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:28 pm
I'm not unhappy with the guild I'm unhappy with the way people treat other people. (And, you're over-reacting, I am in a constant state of over-reaction so it's not over-reacting for me.)  

(LD)Croaks

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:30 pm
(LD)Croaks
I'm not unhappy with the guild I'm unhappy with the way people treat other people. (And, you're over-reacting, I am in a constant state of over-reaction so it's not over-reacting for me.)
Perhaps making posts calling the other people Nazi's, calling their threads petty, and assorted other slander might not be the best way to get people to treat one another better. wink

And, a question: You said "If people bother me than I have the right to say so, no?" What is the difference between you doing this, and people in the guild posting about how much txt-tlking bothers them?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:36 pm
(LD)Croaks
OK, so I'm surfing around Gaia right? And suddenly ! I think "Wouldn't it be grand if there was a place where all the literate people on Gaia(or at least a portion) could get together and just be literate? Well, I'm still looking. EVERYONE in this guild except for a nameless few have this over-bearing condition where they magically have the right to correct everyone else. You people do not have the right to tell other people what they should and should not be doing! You start all these little petty threads about some instance in your miserable little worthless lives about how you ran into someone who said something or other in "TXT TALK". And then, you say how much you corrected them and how much they were annoyed and how much you were better then them and how much blah blah blah. This is not OK! This guild is supposed to be a place where literate people can just get together and talk normally. But instead you turn it into some Nazist institution where all you do is make fun of people who don't have as shiny grammar as you or don't spell aswell as you do. You should all be b***h-slapped across the face with an iron hand. Nobody on this earth has the right to judge anyone else. Just because someone says something in TXT TALK doesn't mean you're better then them. This is wrong! This is not how REAL people who live in the REAL world should act. You think you have the right to say these thing because your safely shielded by the internet? Oooh, nobody knows who you are! You can do whatever you want! You can say your a gay man and correct people! WRONG! There is no way in Hell that you are right in what you are doing.

And let me ask you, just stop being so callous and get rid of this "I'm better than everyone else" twelve-year-old-princess thing and tell me, in your shoes. Do you think what you are doing is okay? Please answer me.

[x]
This is a wall of text. I didn't read it. Paragraphs and your enter key are good things.

~
Pyrite
[x]

[ Pyrite ]

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:38 pm
(LD)Croaks, I believe in free speech, but you're going too far. If you have a problem with people blowing off a little steam about "txt tlk", why are you even here?

Second and more importantly, I will tolerate no disrespect toward my staff. DarkElf27 has worked tirelessly to help me keep this guild going since its inception. You do not have the right to tell him to "go elsewhere".

I'm locking this thread since it's little more than a whine-fest on your part.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games