Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Jeeze...my friends need to learn to type.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eeek?
Eeek,
100%
 100%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 14

Lekonua

Wealthy Genius

5,625 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:51 pm
Quote:
see thats wut teh guid lines are for like yeah they help! for eyes and nose and moth atleast but with face length and width its up to u rly

[See, that's what the guide lines are for. They help! For eyes, nose, and mouth at least. But with face length and width, that's up to you really.]

We were talking about drawing anime style on our comic site's forum. The scary thing is, he types "teh" on purpose. ALL THE TIME! I mean, I do it once in a while, but not every time the word "the" has to be used!

And this...this is just... burning_eyes
Quote:
Quote:
wo.0t for teh first notebook of comics!!!!!!!!!
[Insert like, 50 smileys.]

now all we need is for them to be on teh site!

Quote:
(Me) Uh...they ARE on the site.

And please don't use so many unnecessary smileys.
They make your post look...stupid.

Quote:
yeah NOW but there wernt!! and ur point is!?!?! smilies rock!! nd who cares i mean u Dm and kriket are teh only ones on here!

Quote:
(Me)Right now, we are.

But in the unlikely event that more people actually look at the site and come here, I don't want the board to look like a spam-filled...thing made up of a bunch of 3rd graders who can barely type.

Savvy?

If it weren't for the capitalized "NOW," I'd almost say he didn't know what the Shift key was used for. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:43 am
He might have used the caps lock key to do it.  

Noche Flor

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:36 am
Ugh yeah the over use of smileys is just horrible.
Especially those that go entirely overboard with custom emoticons, replacing half of their sentance with just.. s**t.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:58 pm
Oh, you mean this one cool ? ones like that drive me insane! I can't tell what people are trying to say to me  

Noche Flor

Aneesha

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:45 am
My cousins need to learn how to type properly... All they ever do is 'txt tlk' and it drives me insane. *shudders*

It's a skill if you could master 'txt talk' and be able to write properly as well, because I was reading about the fact that a lot of people can't do that, hence not doing well in the English department. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:10 am
When I have friends that dont type correctly, I either block them or stop talking to them all together. One girl came to me with somethign along the lines of this:
Girl: hoo r u
Me: What?
Girl: hoo s dis
Me: Do you mean to say, Who is this?
Girl: y
Me: I dont know why, you were the one trying to ask it
Girl: no who is this
Girl: there
Me: Oh.. Well, I dont think it matters now
Girl: y?
Me: Because Im blocking you..

Apparently the first 'y' was to stand for yes.

Oh and for thos ewho are wondering why I am saying what I am saying, it is because I love to 'play', quite cruelly at times, with 'those types' of people.  

Yo Sereno

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff