Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Guild Feedback Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:52 pm
This is the thread where you should go to if you believe there is something that could or should be changed in the guild.

Before posting, consider the following (note, these are not rules, but guidelines):

-If you're going to point out a problem, try to point out a solution.
-Do not post here if you have concerns about members or staff: such is to be handled by PM with myself or Yami no Hitokiri.
-We are not capable nor willing of requiring people to change their whole view on life when they post here: if your complaint is about the general attitude of a user here, try to sort it out with them first, before going to myself or Yami no Hitokiri if it degrades into harrassment.
-We do our best not to be Grammar Nazis here, but there will be complaining about illiterates and/or txt-tlkers here. if your feedback is saying that users shouldn't be allowed to talk about what things grammar-wise bug the hell out of them, perhaps you are in the wrong guild.

I may add to this list, as we get feedback.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:47 am
There should be a picture post in the literature and poetry sub-forums for posting authors, book covers, pictures in the book et cetera.  

saotomi5102

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:49 pm
If you want to post pictures of book covers and what have you, go right ahead. Just make certain they're not too big.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:47 am
I think there should be a link to the introductions thread on the front page. This may help reduce the number of extra introduction threads by people who didn't notice the sticky. I know that there'll still be people who didn't read the front page before applying, but this might still make a difference.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

[ Pyrite ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:49 pm
[x]
If I may, I don't think this guild is being liberal enough about removing members. Point in case, we have a lot tools, who are obviously tools that drag this guild down. A guild is supposed to be something tight-knit and selective, I don't like that we're worried about removing the stupids on the off chance they have feelings.

~
Pyrite
[x]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:56 pm
I think a Writing Contest forum will attract more members and make this guild a little more fun (I'm not saying this guild boring).  

Radio Chaos

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:44 am
Mousy: An excellent idea. I added a link to it in the rules on the main page.

Pyrite: A bit harsh. Don't you think?

socceridol1: We had a writing contest last October in which no one participated.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:05 pm
I think we should have a weekly top ten worst threads/instant messages. For fun and learning as I stated in my previous thread I made.  

Lord Himuro of darkness

ramforce

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:06 am
I think we should have our own bumper page.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:21 am
Lord Himuro of darkness: PM with details on your idea and I'll see what I can do.

ramforce: Bumper page?  

Ame Yuki Kaze

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Shelton3369

Friendly Gaian

7,975 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:59 am
Hi! I would like to see more subforms in the guild. Like History, Science, we have a lot of English Grammer in those subjects as well. It's just a thought.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:04 pm
[x]
Yeah, there was a typo in my last post. Going in to edit it not only makes you look like a jerk face; but it also makes you look like a jerk face who doesn't understand how posts are formated - it didn't turn red. Whoever it was, I'd appreciate it if you just stayed out of my posts.

Yami: It's not harsh at all, it's staying true to the concept of the guild. I wish my suggestion could get some consideration.

~
Pyrite
[x]

[ Pyrite ]

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 2:08 am
Rookie3369
Hi! I would like to see more subforms in the guild. Like History, Science, we have a lot of English Grammer in those subjects as well. It's just a thought.

While we're on the topic of subforums, how about one for news articles? We have quite a lot of those threads.

If we're going to have any more subforums, I think we should vote on what kind of subforums to have. Another thing to consider is that whether there are enough threads in the main forum and the existing subforums for us to need more.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:24 am
What if we have a forum where people can learn proper english? Members can teach others so everyone can have better grammar!  

Radio Chaos

orangescale

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:54 am
On the main page of the guild, the I is not capitalized. (Sorry if I spelled a word wrong.)  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff