Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Large gatherings of the freakily inclined Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A large crowd of the alternatives aproaches, how do you react?
  Jump into them, quickly making friends
  Turn away in disgust, I hate not being individual
  Get scared, metallers are scawy!
  Check for poseurs, I don't want to be associated with them, if there's a low enough proportion I shall enquire
  Treat them with bemusement, is there a sale on all black clothing somewhere?
View Results

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 2:12 pm
It's a new year: meaning it's getting closer to festival season!

I'm a great fan, 5 days of nothing to do but hang around in a field with a very large crowd of people, and if you go to the right ones, mostly alternative people at that.

I'm currently saving up for the Download/Donnington Festival (8-10 June), three days of metal, 5 days of camping, all fun as hell!!

The headliners have been announced: Iron Maiden, My Chemical romance (hang on, it's a metal festival!), and Linkin Park.

A slight difference from the Tool/Metallica and Gunsn'Roses mix they had last year confused

How about Germany's Rock AM Ring? (1-3 June) Confirmed so far:

Smashing Pumpkins, Linkin Park, Beatsteaks, Muse, Billy Talent, Mando Diao, Evanescence, Wir Sind Helden, Korn, Slayer, Dave Matthews, The Hives, Arctic Monkeys, My Chemical Romance, Kaiser Chiefs, Jan Delay & Disko No. 1, Mia., The Kooks, Wolfmother, Stone Sour

Sounds pretty darn good to me, one weeked in a field in Germany, the next in a race track in England!

How about the Whitby gothic weekends? Far more to the goth taste, with the Cruxshadows this year!

So, how do people like these? throw themselves into with gusto, or shirk away?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:31 pm
Ozzfest and Warped Tour are already a sure thing this summer. Lunatic Luau in North Carolina... might hit that one up.

Battle of The Bands at Club Nations in DC is always good too. Some buddies of mine, Heschent, will be in it again this year.

On a smaller scale... We've got a rave sometime late February. We're renting out an unused warehouse lmao  

Deadside Dreams

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:23 pm
Camping, music and good company is ALWAYS way too much fun to handle. I mean, even if it's just your friends in the back yard, sucking down some BAWLs (yes, I mean the energy drink) and going crazy on a Tin Whistle and a SqueezeBox you found in your dead Irish grandpa's belongings (And you secretly think he had a double life as a pirate) it's still a great experience with great people.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:45 pm
Rawr, mega jealous. Nothing cool like that ever happens near where I live. crying  

Kristoya

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:12 pm
OMG that sounds amazing! I like in FL so NOTHING comes down here. Almost nothing anyway. The closest thing I get is Dragon*con but thats a mix of lots of things. We are moving in the middle of the year to Seattle so I hope there is more there. Its our dream to take a trip to Germany one year for all the kick a** freak fests the have! Europe is so much more relaxed about the goth scene it seems.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:46 pm
Please.
talk2hand
The only large gathering of freaks and whatnot that we have around here is A-Kon in Dallas during the summer. I'm pretty sure there are a shitload of raves there, but I've yet to go to one so I'm not saying for sure.
-sigh-
Texas sucks.  

Bakurish

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:59 am
I'll be there, look for a lanky guy in a circle of tents with either a lancashire rose or the OMB logo. lol.

I missed maiden at reading last year, I won't miss them again.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:31 am
Isobel Bellamy

How about Germany's Rock AM Ring? (1-3 June)

...And then stick around a couple weeks for Wave-Gotik-Treffen, the largest Goth-Industrial concert festival, in Leipzig.

Just thinking about it gives me Wanderlust! ^_^  

Toast Is Me

Wheezing Smoker

DMSeraphim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:45 am
Love Parade in Berlin would be something to see. And the Folsom Street Fair in San Fransisco. Not so much Goth as just Subculture in general.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:23 am
*Sigh* Nothing like that ever happens here...
I've been dying for concerts from The Cruxshadows and Cinema Strange, but it never ******** happens in Arizona. mad  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:12 am
Bakurish
Please.
talk2hand
The only large gathering of freaks and whatnot that we have around here is A-Kon in Dallas during the summer. I'm pretty sure there are a shitload of raves there, but I've yet to go to one so I'm not saying for sure.
-sigh-
Texas sucks.

You guys have south by south west! sure it's more rock but it's better than nothing ^^

Plus, some quite good bands in little venues is always good, specially when they pay for being used to larger stages and smack themselves in the face with their own equipment xd (yes, it has happened)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:15 am
Rellik San
I'll be there, look for a lanky guy in a circle of tents with either a lancashire rose or the OMB logo. lol.

I missed maiden at reading last year, I won't miss them again.

Lol, sounds kinda hard to miss^^ I'll be the girl with multi-coloured dread extensions....not wool this year after the five-day bake-fest that was '06 eek

That sounded like an awsome set, but I can only afford one fest a year and it's Download due to the atmostphere....too many theving chavs at Leeds and Reading stare  

Isobel Bellamy

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:18 am
Deadly little Mijo
Isobel Bellamy

How about Germany's Rock AM Ring? (1-3 June)

...And then stick around a couple weeks for Wave-Gotik-Treffen, the largest Goth-Industrial concert festival, in Leipzig.

Just thinking about it gives me Wanderlust! ^_^

German Goths scare me! They're all.....YEEK! And tall, and..and...Izzie's a chickenshit sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:20 am
DarkPrincesa
OMG that sounds amazing! I like in FL so NOTHING comes down here. Almost nothing anyway. The closest thing I get is Dragon*con but thats a mix of lots of things. We are moving in the middle of the year to Seattle so I hope there is more there. Its our dream to take a trip to Germany one year for all the kick a** freak fests the have! Europe is so much more relaxed about the goth scene it seems.

I've wanted to go to Dragon*Con for a while now, why must the Atlantic be so large! *sob*  

Isobel Bellamy

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces