Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!
Best naruto stories ever! (not mine) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:15 pm
These stories are not mine but I just HAD to put them up! The names are "You're something precious...(YSP)" and "Was I meant to die?(WIMTD)".YSP has 16 parts and WIMTD has 25 parts.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:21 pm
Let's start with YSP. (WARNING!!!!!!!These stories have bad words in them and the words get a little messed up sometimes.) sweatdrop ALL FAN FICTIONAL

I sat at the back of the classroom, feet on the table and back againts the wall. I looked around the class before giving my attention back to Iruka-sensei.

'Okay, as you all know, today is the practical exam to determine whether you pass or not. Your written exams has already been graded and I have them with me right now,' he showed us the neatly stacked papers on his desk, 'and we will begin the exams now, when I call your name, please go to the next room.'

He took a clipboard out from the drawer of his desk, 'Haruno Sakura,' he called the first name before exiting the room with her.

Everyone got up from their seats and started talking or playing with one another.

'Sasuke!' I heard someone shriek his name from in front of me.

'Hey, can I sit here? Since Sakura isn't here to disturb us anymore, how about we go out?' Ino said in a rather flirtatious voice.

'Not this again...' I sighed.

'Not interested...' Sasuke replied simply. Soon all the girls in the were crowding around the table in front of mine, trying to ask Sasuke out, but all they got was a simple 'no' or 'not interested'. Sometimes I wonder why those girls never give up...

I heard a snore from beside me and saw Shikamaru sleeping peacefully. I envy him sometimes, even in situations like this, he could still sleep.

I looked around the room and saw everyone chatting away happily. I spotted Daisuke and Keiji in the front row talking and laughing with one another, probably insulting other people. I got up and walk over to them.

'Scoot over...' I told Daisuke. He did as he was told and moved.

I sat with them, listening to whatever they were talking about while waiting for my name to be called.

After about half an hour of waiting, Iruka finally called my name and told me to go in the exam room.

'Karin Hiroshi?' Mizuki, the other examiner asked.

'Yeah,' I said as I closed the door behind me. I saw a big table next to the examiner's table with many hitai-ates laid neatly on top of the table.

'Okay, your task is to make two clones of yourself, pretty simple,' Iruka took a seat next to Mizuki and they watched me.

I did some hand seals and concentrated.

'Very good, Karin,' I saw two clones of myself standing next to me, waving to one another.

I smiled as Iruka handed me one hitai-ate. I tied it around my neck and looked at them.

'Can I go back now?' I asked them.

'Sure, please do, and do not tell what this exam is about to the others who haven't taken the exam yet,' I nodded and exited the room.

'Uchiha Sasuke!' I heard Iruka call from the room. As I headed back to the classroom, I saw Sasuke going out the door. I saw him glancing at me before walking past me.

I opened the door of the classroom and saw Sakura and Ino arguing with each other about Sasuke.

'Will they ever give up?' I said to myself before taking a seat in my usual play at the back of the room.

School ended after everyone took the exam. I saw many parents waiting at the entrance of the academy, congradulating their their child for graduating.

I sighed, and pushed my way through the big crowd of people. I finally got out of the crowd but the first thing I saw was a boy, he was sitting on the swing, looking very sad and depressed.

I walked over to him and recognised him. It was Naruto, a fellow classmate of mine.

'Are you okay?' I asked him.

He sighed, 'everyone's so happy that they graduated...' he pasued for a while before continuing again, 'I'm the only one that failed this exam...'

'Don't give up then, keep trying, if you fall, stand up again, keep trying until you make it!'

'Thanks, no one has actually cared about me, you're the first...' he smiled at me.

'Karin Hiroshi' I held out my hand.

'Uzumaki Naruto,' he took my hand and shake it.

'Nice to meet you, Naruto, I have to go now, but don't give up, okay?! I know you can pass!'I waved goodbye before running back to the apartment that I live in.

Next Day

'Naruto?' I saw him sitting next to Sasuke on the third row, 'you made it?'

'Yeah! Iruka-sensei gave me another chance! Isn't that great?!' he adjusted his hitai-ate that was on his forehead.

'That's great! You'll be a great ninja for sure!' I heard Sasuke snorted at my comment.

I was just about to argue with him but was stopped when I was pushed by Ino and Sakura.

'Sasuke-kun! Can I sit next to you?' Sakura asked in a fake polite voice.

'Yeah right, I'm sitting next to Sasuke! Your forehead's to big to fit on that chair!' Ino pushed Sakura out of the way.

'How about you! You're too ugly to be sitting next to him!' Sakura argued back.

'Ow...' I sat on the floor, rubbing my head.

'Ah! Sakura-chan, you can sit next to me,' Naruto tap the chair next to him.

She ignored him and continued arguing with Ino.

I remained seated on the floor and saw that Naruto was getting pissed off. He jumped on the table and squated in front of Sasuke.

'What's so special about you? I don't see anything special about you!' he said to Sasuke.

'Naruto! What are you doing?!' Sakura yelled at him.

Sasuke and Naruto just glared at each other, their face only inches away from each other.

'Beat him up, Sasuke!' All the girls around him cheered Sasuke on.

'Hahaha!' I saw Daichi leaned back and accidentally hit Naruto, causing him to accidentally kiss Sasuke.

I burst out laughing as I saw them kissing. All the girls' faces were priceless.

Naruto and Sasuke broke apart and starts pouting.

I finally stopped laughing when Iruka-sensei stepped in the class.

'Okay, today, I'll be dividing you into groups of threes. You'll be a team and you'll have a jounin teacher to watch over you! Now I'll start with the first group...

Iruka called the names of the students one by one.
'Team 7, Uzumaki Naruto, Uchiha Sasuke...' they both shot each other glares and dirty looks before giving their attention back to Iruka.

'And...Karin Hiroshi.'

'Hey! Iruka-sensei! Why must I, a great ninja, be teamed with someone as bad as him!' Naruto yelled at Iruka while pointing at Sasuke.

'Shut up, Naruto! Out of 27 students you're grades were the lowest! You were teamed with Sasuke and Karin because their grades were the best!'

Everyone laughed at Naruto as he sat down again, feeling embarrassed about what he just said.

'Now well, let me continue, team 8...'

'This will be interesting...' I thought.  

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:26 pm
Part 2.

'Hi dad, how are you...?' I threw my backpack on the bed and sat next to the bedside table, the phone on my ear, 'how are things in Hiroshima?'

'Never better, how are you? I heard the Genin test had already passed, how'd you do? Who are your teammates? Who's your teacher?' he said in his normal perky voice.

I'm Karin Hiroshi, daughter of the superior of the Hiroshi clan. The Hiroshi clan are the founders of the small town outside Konoha called Hiroshima. I was sent to Konoha about a year ago by my father because he wanted me to be like Akira Harada, a girl who saved my father's life when she was only 10. That's what he told me. So my father along Haraku Shizuka, leader of the Shizuka clan, who are allies with the Hiroshi clan, sent my best friends, Daichi and Keiji Shizuka and me to Konoha to train and become ninjas. We all have different reasons to become ninjas though. I came to Konoha to fullfill my father's wishes. Dai wanted to be a ninja to have fun, so he could enjoy life. Kei, on the other hand, had always been the more protective one, he wanted to protect me if I ever faced danger. Touching. So here we are, in Konoha, training to become great ninjas.

'Yeah, the exam went well, I'm not in the same team as Dai and Kei though, I'm with Uchiha Sasuke and Uzumaki Naruto. I haven't met him yet.'

'Oh, you aren't with Dai and Kei? I was hoping you guys would end up in the same team, you guys know team work, you know each other better than anyone, that's why I want you guys to be a team, you. And you know that Dai and Kei don't really like mixing with other people.'

'Yeah, I guess, do you want me to talk to Iruka-sensei about it tomorrow?'

'It would be best if you did, after all, no matter what happens, you know they'll protect you with their lives, you're something precious to them.'

'Okay, good night dad, I got to go,' I yawned.

'Yeah, its late, you better go to bed now, I love you.'

'I love you too, good night, dad!' I put down the phone and lied on my bed.

'They would pretoct me with their lifes, I didn't know they cared that much...' I picked up a photo frame of the three of us eating lollipops together in Hiroshima, me in between the twins (yeah, Dai and Kei are twins!), 'This was taken two years ago, but we never changed one bit...' I sighed and put it back on the bedside table before switching off the lights.

I walked up to Iruka-sensei during lunch time.
'Um, Iruka-sensei,' he looked up form his clipboard and looked at me, 'my dad called last night, and he wanted me to ask you if I could change teams with Haruno Sakura. He wanted me to be on the same team as Daichi and Keiji Shizuka. I was wondering if you could change the teams before lunch is over.'

'Let's see, Karin Hiroshi, right?'

'Yeah,' I nodded.

'Well, I could change you with Sakura, her grades are almost as good as yours. I'll arrange it then, would you mind telling them?'

'Not at all...' I bowed slightly and head towards the door, 'thank you, Iruka-sensei,' I said before closing the sliding door.

I slowly walked down the corridoor, looking out the window, watching the sakura blossoms falling gracefully. It calmed me to watch them.
'Sorry,' I looked up to see I had bumped. It was Sasuke.

'Sorry, I didn't see you, I was looking out the window,' I smiled at him.

'Yeah, I could see that,' he said in a rather cold voice, 'don't get in my way next time...'

'Well, aren't you a jerk?' I smiled sweetly at him as his face turned into an annoyed one, 'sorry, I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to find Daichi Keiji and Sakura,' I brushed passed him and continued walking down the hallway and towards the field of the academy.

'Hmph, she's a brave one,' Sasuke smirked as he continued walking down the hall, 'the first girl to stand up to me,' he rubbed the dirt off his blue shirt, 'Karin Hiroshi, interesting girl, she's on my team too...'

Sasuke opened the door to the classroom and sat down on the second row, in his normal position.

'I wonder what she needed with Daisuke, Keiji and Sakura...'

He just sat there quietly until he heard a loud shriek from the hallway, followed by loud footsteps that were coming closer and closer to the classroom.

'Sakura...' he thought as the pink haired girl came bursting through the door.

'Sasuke-kun! We're on the same team! Yes! Now we can do missions together and spend more time together! We're on the same team!' Sakura was jumping up and down, squeeling loudly, making Sasuke irritated.

'I just spoke with Karin! She said that we could trade teams! Iruka-sensei had approved of it already! We're on the same team! Isn't that great!?'

'No...' he replied bluntly, 'you're too loud,' he stood up and left the classroom.

'She traded? Why...?'

'Dai! Kei!' I called out to them. They were sitting together with Sakura under the tree and the seemed pretty annoyed at Sakura.
'Saved!' they both shouted at the same time and tackled me down to the ground and hugged me.

'Thank you! Right timing! She was killing us with her Sasuke speech!!'

'It was torture!' they got off me and helped me up.

'Hmph! This is why you guys are so immature! You guys don't understand us girls!' she said while crossing her arms.

'What do you want?'

'Don't use that tone on her,' Kei said dangerously at her.

'I came here to ask you a favor, Sakura,' I said her name a bitterly. I never really liked her that much, but neither did she.

'I came to ask if you'd like to trade teams with me? I've asked Iruka-sensei already, and he said I could.'

'You mean...I get to be on the same team as Sasuke-kun?!' I nodded, 'and you get those two annoying twits!?'

'We're not twits!' they both said at the same time.

'Yeah, and they're my frie-woah!' before I could finish my sentence, I heard a loud squeel coming from Sakura, followed by a bone crushing hug she gave me.

'Oh my Gosh!! Karin! I love you! Thank you! Thank you!' she let me go and ran inside the academy.

'Well, she took that rather well,' Dai took out three lollipops and handed one to each of us. We unwrapped the lollipops and threw the wrappers away.

'Yeah, she did,' we three stood in a circle and popped it in our mouth before taking it out again and lifting them high in the air (you know, like a sort of cheers, except it's with lollipops).

'To us, Shizuka and Hiroshi!' we popped the lollipop in our mouth and started laughing as we walked back in the academy together.

I hoped you like it. I've decided to link this story with the other Naruto story, so, if you want to get the story, you gotta read both my seriessssssss!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:31 pm
Part 3

"HAH! I win again!" Dai jumped up and down, dancing with joy.

"Not fair! You're hand came out late! Rematch!" Kei jabbed his finger at Dai, "I'm going to win this round!"

"You lost 14 times, Kei, just give up!" the three of us were playing scissors, paper, stone, "besides, lunch is already going to end."

"You're just jealous 'cause you lost!" Dai stuck his tongue out at Kei who seemed pretty annoyed.

"Die!!" Kei started chasing Dai around the field.

I stood up and sighed, "I'm going back first, we're meeting the Jounin teachers after this, so don't be late!" I shouted at them. They just gave a slight nod before chasing each other again.

'Sometimes, I don't know how they became ninjas, they're so...immature...' I thought as I walked through the corridors of the academy, heading towards the classroom.

"Hey," I stopped, "I heard you changed teams," I turned and saw Sasuke, his hands in his pockets, "why'd you change? It would've been better if you stayed, now Sakura will be there disturbing me all the time."

"I changed teams because it was my father wanted me to, I'm just following his orders, I came here to become a ninja because of him, and I'm going to follow his orders," I turned around, not wanting to tell him anything more.

"Then why not go against what he wants?" he asked.

I stopped again, "my mother died when I was 6. Ever since then, my father didn't care about me, he thought me as weak, and he thought that I couldn't do anything. But when I turned 10, a girl by name of Akira Harada came to my village and saved my father's life. My father respected her a lot, and ever since then, he expects me to be like her, he put his trust in me. He wanted me to be there to protect him when his life was in danger, instead of sitting back and watching his life get taken away. I love my father a lot, and I'm going to do what he says and keep his trust and you're not going to change that," I said darkly and walked away.

Sasuke smirked and followed me to the classroom. He sat in his usual sit, doing his usual pose. I sat at the back, next to Shikamaru who was still sleeping. I just closed my eyes and waiting for everyone to come.

"Karin," Kei and Dai called me name from the front of the class, "come on, sit here with us," they sat in the front row and saved an empty seat in between them. I opened my eyes and walked up to the front where I sat in between them.

The door opened and everyone sat down quietly, "Okay, your Jounin teachers will be here soon, when they come, they will call your team number and you must follow them. If you need me, I'll be in the teacher's room," Iruka placed his clipboard on his desk and walked out.

A moment after he left, the door opened, "Team 3," the woman at the door called. Three students from behind us stood up and left with the woman.

"Team 9," a man at the door called out. He was our Jounin teacher. Dai, Kei, and I stood up and followed the man out. He led us to the roof of the academy, and told us to introduce ourselves.

"Karin Hiroshi, I come from Hiroshima, a village not far away from here, and I'm 12, my hobbies are reading, playing with Kei and Dai, and sleeping. My dream is to become a great kunoichi that my father expects me to be."

"Daichi Shizuka, first cousin of Karin, I come from Hiroshima too, and I'm 13. My hobbies are causing trouble, doing pranks on people, and just having fun. My dream is to become a great Jounin."

"Keiji Shizuka, younger twin brother of Dachi, second cousin of Karin. Also from Hiroshima, and also 13 years old. My hobbies are the same as Daichi's and my dream is also to be a great Jounin."

"Interesting," the man in front of us smiled, "I'm Junoichi Edo. I was born and raised in Konoha and I'm 27. My hobbies are training, reading, joking with my students, and I like pranks too. Well, my dream was to be a Jounin, and yeah, I got it," he smiled.

"This will be so cool! Our teacher can play pranks!!" Kei said to Dai who nodded in agreement.

"You've got them all worked up now, and it's not a good thing," I said blankly to Edo-sensei.

"Some students can have fun too, right? All work and no play isnt good," he crossed his arms and leaned on the railing in the balcony.

"Yeah, but in their case, they play and do no work," I sighed.

He chuckled, "then I'll give them work more often," Dai and Kei groaned, "well, training begins tomorrow, meet me in the training grounds at 9:45. Please eat breakfast at least 2 hours before training starts and make sure you've gone to the bathroom before coming. Bring any weapons you think you might need, and don't be late. You're in for some harsh survival training," he smiled sadistically, "We'll be training with another team, so don't expect it to be easy."

The three of us bowed before leaving the academy roof and heading home, preparing for our training tomorrow.

"This is going to be interesting," I said to myself.

I met up with Dai and Kei at 9:30 outside my apartment, we headed towards the training grounds and saw Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto who seemed really tired and unhappy.

"Don't tell me," Kei said with a horrified look on his dace.

"Edo-sensei meant them?!" Dai finished his sentence.

"Yo!" Edo-sensei appeared behind the three of us patted out heads.

"Them?!" Dai and Kei shouted at him. He just smiled wider and nodded.

"Haha, looks like Kakashi is up to his old tricks again," Edo-sensei chuckled as he saw the state Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura are in, "he has a habit of being 'fashionable late'. What time did he tell you guys to come?"

"5 in the morning."

"He told me to meet him at 10 in the training grounds. Did you even have breakfast?"

"No...he said if we did, we'll throw it back out," Sakura whined as she sat on the ground.

"Aren't you glad you changed teams?" Kei and Dai hugged me, "at least Edo-sensei shows mercy," I laughed at what they said.

"Oh, look, here comes Kakashi!" Naruto shouted.

"Yo! Good morning, my students!"

"You're late!" Sakura and Naruto shouted while jabbing their fingers at Kakashi.

"Late, as usual..."

"Hehe, a black cat crossed my path and I got in an accident," Kakashi scratched the back of his head, "I even-"

"Let's just start with the training," Edo-sensei walked over next to Kakashi.

"Ehem, well, today's training is survival training. Edo-sensei and I each have two bells. You're task is to get the bells from us."

"Karin, Dai, Kei, you'll get them from me, while you three get them from Kakashi," Edo held out the two bells.

"But there are only two bells, one of us won't get a bell!"

"Yeah, and the person who doesnt get the bell will be tied up to that log and I'll eat lunch in front of you," Dai, Kei and I laughed. 'So that was why he didn't want them to eat breakfast.'

"Merciless, I won't do that to you guys," Edo winked at us, we just smiled and laughed.

"That's not fair!" Sakura and Naruto chanted.

"One of you, or all of you wont get the bells, if you fail this test, you are going back to the academy, my word is the law."

We all went our separate ways. '2 bells, and 3 of us...Edo-sensei wants to see something from this training,' I thought as I sat on a tree branch, 'father told me this...we are divided to a three-man team because we need to learn teamwork. Teamwork. That's what Edo-sensei wants to see! There are only two bells, because Edo-sensei wants to see who would put their teammates before them! That's it! I need to find Dai and Kei.'

I jumped from tree to tree, looking for my fellow teammates. I saw the sitting together, smirking.

"Have you figured out what Edo-sensei wants?" Dai and Kei asked.

I nodded, "teamwork," we all said at the same time.

"That's what we do best," Dai said.

"We'll get those bells," Kei said with a smirk.

"And pass this test," I finished.

We all sat down, thinking of an idea to get the bells. We discussed and debated until we finally came up with a good plan.

"Okay, this is it, if any of us screw, the whole plan goes screws. Everyone, let's do it..." we gave each other high fives before going into separate directions.  

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:40 pm
Part 4

"Everyone ready?" I asked through my headpiece.

"Yeah," Dai and Kei said at the same time.

"Okay, operation 'take bell from Edo-sensei' has begun!" I said as we all turned off our headpieces at the same time.

"Yo Edo," Kakashi waved to his fellow Jounin friend.

"Kakashi, how's your training?" Edo asked as Kakashi walked up to him.

"My students fail to realize what the point of this survival training is," he sighed as he read his Icha Icha Paradise, "The Uchiha boy's got his body stuck on the ground, the Kyuubi, I tied him to a log since he tried eating the lunch for himself," he pointed at the three logs near them and indeed Naruto was there, screaming angrily at Kakashi, "and the girl, she fainted, twice," again he sighed, "How are your students?"

"They haven't showed up yet, but I do hope they know what they're doing," Edo said with a smile on his face, "they're very unpredictable, the three of them. I look forward to see them in action."

"Edo-sensei!" Edo and Kakashi turned and saw Daichi standing behind them, his index finger jabbed towards Edo's direction and his other hand rested on his hips, "I've come here to challenge you to a duel!"

"My, doesn't he resemble that Kyuubi boy?" Edo chuckled at Dai's attitude, "don't you think?" Kakashi nodded, not bothering to look at him as he was engrossed in his book.

"I'll step aside and let the both of you duel it out," he said as he jumped on a tree branch and sat down, his eyes still glued on his book.

"So, tell me what you've got!" Edo said, preparing to fight.

Dai charged at Edo in full speed, which I must say, was pretty fast, and threw a kick at his stomach. Edo stumbled backwards, he seemed undamaged. Dai wasted no time and continued fighting, sending him kicks and punches, but were all blocked by Edo.

"Your taijutsu skills are very impressive," Edo commented.

"I learn from the best, my father was a taijutsu expert!" Dai said as he punched Edo in the jaw.

"You're very good at fighting, but I'm sorry to say you're missing the whole point of this training," Edo said as he stood up, spitting out blood.

"We'll see," he did a few hand seals, "Makuton Hijutsu, Jukaikoutan!" as Dai chanted those words, the ground began to shake violently, and the next second, vines were sprouting out of the ground, wrapping themselves tightly around Edo's body.

Kakashi and Naruto were watching their fight, and they seemed rather surprised at the technique that Daichi had done. That technique was a technique that couldn't possibly be done by a Genin. That jutsu belonged to the first Hokage. Sasuke and Sakura soon joined them and were watching the fight.

"Edo-sensei, it was fun fighting with you!" Dai jumped up and was ready to throw a punch at Edo, but was caught by a shadow replica that Edo had created just before he was trapped.

"Not a chance, Dai, I'm not going to lose just like that!" Edo smirked.

"We'll see, then!" Dai smirked back, "Karin! Now!"

"Going as planned," I smirked from the bushes and did a few hand seals, "Katon: Karyuu Endan!" Fire spread from where Karin was. The fire headed towards Edo-sensei's direction, burning every grass or bush in its way.

"Later!" Dai waved as he kicked the shadow replica, causing it to 'poof' and disappeared, before jumping away, avoiding the fire. Edo struggled to do a hand seal.

"Suiton: Suigadan!" Water covered Edo sensei, extinguishing the fire that headed towards him. While the water wall was still up, he took a kunai and cut the thick vines off, setting him free.

"Those kids really are something," he smirked. The water around him began to die down but was only greeted by two figures heading his way.

"Konoha Gouriki Senpu," Dai said as he jumped off the ground, aiming a kick at Edo.

"Tarenken!" I ran towards him, both my hands were curled into a ball, ready to punch him. Edo didn't have time to react or block. The kick hit him in the stomach, and the punches did too. He was sent flying into the lake that was nearby.

"Kei, you better do this right!" Dai shouted at the boy who stood on the lakes surface, doing a few hand seals.

"If you screw, you're dead!" Dai added.

"Got it!" Kei smirked as he did the last few hand seals. Edo emerged from the water and stood on the surface.

"Suiton: Suikoudan No Jutsu!" The water near Kei rose and formed a cyclone that headed straight for Edo who had just gotten out of the water. He was hit; the impact sent him flying just a few meters away and back into the water.

"Now!" As Edo flew away, Kei dived in the water and swam to where Edo had landed.

"Do you think he did it?" Dai asked me.

"I'm sure he did," I scanned the lake, "and there he is, right there!" I pointed at Kei who had just gotten out of the lake dripping wet. His right hand was inside a huge ball of water that had Edo-sensei inside.

'These kids, they really are something...those jutsus that they did..it's a technique that is used for a much higher level than Genin...' Kakashi thought as he saw the three of us gathering together near the lake.

'They are so strong!' Sasuke, Sakura and Naruto thought as they watched us.

"That's my boy!" I beamed and walked over to him. I stuck my hand in the water ball and grabbed the two bells that were tied to Edo-sensei's belt. After I got the bells, Kei released his hand, making the water fall to the ground. Edo sensei coughed out some water before standing up again.

"Here, you two can have the bells, you did most of the work," I handed them one each, "I hope we didn't hurt him too much."

"Karin, you can have it, you were the one that made the plan," Dai said holding his bell out.

"No, it's okay," I shook my head and walked over to Edo-sensei and asked if he was okay. He just smiled and nodded, complimenting us of the great work we had done.

Meanwhile, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura watched in awe at the performance you team had showed. Kakashi was confused but nonetheless, impressed at the good teamwork the three of them had showed.

The alarm went off, scaring us a little. We headed over to the logs and sat down, giving each other high fives.

"How did little Uchiha do?" Kei smirked and showed him the bell, "what about Miss. Sakura?" Sakura popped a vein, but dare not speak. Kei had a bell and she didn't. Feeling embarrassed enough, she sat on Naruto's left and sighed in frustration.

"Well done, team 9, you showed very good performance, I'm impressed," Kakashi and Edo clapped.

The three of us beamed proudly and high-fived each other again. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Sasuke staring at me, but I ignored him, overjoyed that we got the bells from a JOUNIN.

Kakashi turned back his attention to his team, "you three, about this training...you three don't need to go back to the ninja academy," as Kakashi said those words, Sakura and Naruto beamed while Sasuke smirked.

"Does that mean...? Does that mean the three of us...?"

Kakashi smiled, "yes, you three should quit being a ninja!" Thos words made Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke frown.

Kei and Dai however smirked while I just stared up at Kakashi. Edo-sensei didn't have a smile on his face anymore.

"Need I say it again? You three should quit being ninjas!" Kakashi said darkly with an expression to match his tone.

There was an awkward silence before Naruto burst, "what do you mean quit being ninjas?! Sure, we didn't get the bells, but why must we quit?!"

"It means you three are just useless brats who don't deserve to be ninjas!"

Sasuke was tired of hearing that speech. He got up and charged at Kakashi. Kakashi, however, seemed unfazed at Sasukes actions. In a blink an eye, Kakashi was sitting on top of him, stepping on his head.

"AAH! Don't step on Sasuke!" Sakura screamed.

"Think now, why do they divide you all to groups of three? Why do you think Kakashi and I made this training for you?" Edo walked up next to Kakashi and stared at the two shocked students.

"What do you mean?" Sakura asked, still clueless.

"You three do now know the principal of this training..."

"Principal?"

"Yes, the principal that will help you pass this training!" Kakashi said, irritated.

"That's what we've been wanting to know from before the training started!"

"Damn, you three are hopeless," Kakashi spat.

"Karin, Dai, Kei care to explain what this principal is?" Edo nodded at us.

"Teamwork," we three said simply at the same time.

Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura froze. "That's right. That was why they got the bells! They worked together to get them! If you three worked together, maybe you would've succeeded getting them!"

"But why should we work as a team if there are only two bells?! Even if we work together and got the bells, one of us would have to fail! Why work as a team if you'll end up fighting for the bells?!"

"That's the whole point of the test!" everyone looked at me, "this training will put your teamwork to the test, see how good your teamwork is. The aim of this training is to see who will put their teamwork first before themselves!" Karin shouted at the three shocked ninjas.

"That is why they passed! They took time to think of a plan and worked together! But you three! Sakura, instead of thinking of Naruto who was right in front of you, you only thought of Sasuke who you didn't even know where," Sakura was shocked and was speechless, "Naruto! You only wanted to do everything yourself!" he bowed his head low, "and you!" Kakashi stepped on Sasuke, "you thought that those two would be in your way if you worked together, that's why you did everything yourself!" Kakashi said bitterly, "you saw how Daichi, Keiji and Karin fought. That is what you three need to do!"

"What they call 'mission' is something that you do with a team! It's true, as a ninja, you need to be skilled, but the most important thing is 'teamwork'. Your selfishness could put your team in danger!" Edo spoke in a clam voice.

"Your selfishness can cause death! For example," Kakashi took out a kunai and stuck it in Sasukes throat, "Sakura! Kill Naruto or Sasuke dies!"

"What? Kill me?!" Naruto shouted in a panicked voice. Dai and Kei just snickered while I looked at them, amused.

"Like that," he put the kunai back in his pouch and got off Sasuke, "in a mission, your selfishness can cause the death of your teammates. Mission is a job that puts your life on the line. Look at this," he walked over to a stone with names carved on them, "see this? There are a lot of names carved on this stone, they are the heroes of this village."

Upon hearing that, Naruto beamed, "That one! That one! I want my name to be carved on that stone! I want to be a hero! Hero!" he said in a hyper voice. Dai and Kei were laughing at Naruto.

"Those people aren't just normal heroes, you idiot!" Dai spoke.

"What kind of heroes are they?!" Naruto asked.

"They are heroes who sacrificed their lives to complete their mission!" Kei said bitterly.

Naruto's face went pale. He then looked away, feeling guilty. Sakura and Sasuke just frowned and looked away.

"This is a monument to remind everyone of the heroes from our village...My friend's name was carved on this stone," Kakashi said softly.

"Kakashi..." Edo said with a frustrated sigh.

"You three, I'll give you another chance to pass the test. But after this, the battle for the bells will be even harder. Those who want to try again go and eat your lunch, but don't give any to Naruto."

I gave a pitiful look at Naruto while Dai and Kei just smirked.

"It's the punishment Naruto gets from wanting to eat those lunches himself. If you give any food to him, you will automatically fail!" Kakashi glared at them, "my rule is law, got it?" The three of them nodded. Kakashi looked at the three of us then at Edo-sensei.

"We'll stick around and watch the training," Edo said, knowing what Kakashi was thinking. Kakashi just nodded and walked away. Edo walked away from the group and sat near the lake and just staring at the scenery.

"Karin-chan, let's go," Dai and Kei stood up, offered me a hand.

"Okay," I took it and they both pulled me up. Dai and Kei started walking towards the forest while I tagged along behind them. I shifted, feeling slightly uncomfortable from a piercing gaze. I tried to ignore it and continued walking with Dai and Kei.

Dai and Kei stopped and sat on the tree branch on a tree near the training grounds where we could still see the group. I just sat at the bottom, staring up at the sky.

"Here you go," Kei dropped something at my lap and saw it was a bar of chocolate, "eat it, my mom sent it from Hiroshima yesterday," I nodded and thanked him. I unwrapped it and was about to eat it when I saw Kakashi heading towards team 7, looking unhappy. Thunderstorms began to form behind him, and the three of the looked scared.

"Kakashi-sensei seems like fun...he likes to torture them so much, I find it humorous!" Dai smirked.

"Yeah, but Edo-sensei is much cooler!" Kei replied.

"Yeah, but I kind of feel sorry for them, you know? It's kind of mean of him to do so!" I looked up at the two boys sitting on the tree branch.

"Not really, Kakashi-sensei is only doing that to train his students. I mean, teamwork, isn't that pretty obvious?" Kei cocked an eyebrow.

"That's why they split us into teams. So we could learn teamwork!"

"Well, I guess..." I said.

"And you heard what Kakashi-sensei said! Sakura, Naruto and Sasuke, they all act just like what he said."

I just nodded and turned my attention back at the group. The dark clouds cleared and Kakashi smiled at the three.

"Well, looks like the three of them passed after all!" I said with a smile.

"Yeah, but we're still better," Kei and Dai said as the jumped off the tree and dragged me back to the group. Edo-sensei was there waiting for us, and he had a smiled plastered on his face.

"Let's go guys, no use sticking around anymore!" he said as the three of us nodded.

"Come on, let's go home," Kakashi ushered Sakura and Sasuke, leaving Naruto still tied up on the log.

"Training starts tomorrow, okay? Meet me here in the training grounds at 10:00a.m." Edo-sensei smiled before leaving us.

"That's a nice look for you..." Dai taunted.

"Serves you right, blockhead!" Kei laughed, and so did Dai. They pulled me out of the training grounds, leaving Naruto alone, desperately shouting for help.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:44 pm
Part 5

I groaned as I collapsed on the grassy field, tired and exhausted from the work. It's been eight days since the bell training with Kakashi and his team. Dai and Kei lied down next to me, feeling the same way as I.

"Edo-sensei...can't you get us a B-rank mission or something? We've done 10 D-rank missions and 2 C-ranks and they are so easy! Gosh! Edo-sensei, the three of us are capable of doing more than D and C ranks!" Dai complained.

"Yeah, and we beat you in practice and you are one of the top Jounins in Konoha! Please!" Kei added, "Collecting trash is all a bunch of crap!"

"Wow, the twins actually said something right for once," I grinned and they glared, "but truthfully, I got to agree with them too, this is getting very boring," I sighed.

Edo, who was sitting on a tree branch smiled at us, "well, why not we ask him now? Its 12:00 and you guys just finished your mission, so I guess we could go now, the office is still open."

We three sat up as quick as lightning. We beamed and jumped on him, hugging our awesome teacher who allowed us to take a B-rank mission!

"Thank you so much, Edo-sensei! You're the best!" we all chimed, with big grins plastered on their faces.

"Hahaha, you guys are awesome too, come on, you keep hanging on me, we won't get to the office in time," he joked. We laughed at his words and let go of him, heading towards the Hokage office together, hoping we'd get a mission.

We opened the doors to the office, looking hopefully at the Hokage who didn't notice us at all, but only Edo-sensei.

"Junoichi Edo, Jounin teacher of team 9, reporting that the mission assigned to us is complete," he handed a piece of paper to the man next to the Hokage, who was none other than Iruka-sensei, our old academy teacher.

"Karin, Daichi, Keiji, how's your training so far?" Iruka asked the three of us.

"Training was good, but the missions are boring," I started.

"Yeah, last week we had a training session with Edo-sensei, Kakashi-sensei and his team," Dai said excitedly, a like a five-year old boy who received candy from his mother.

"We kicked Edo-sensei's butt!" Keiji finished. They grinned and gave each other high-fives.

Iruka seemed impressed at the progress of the three of us, and just gave us a 'thumbs up'.

"They kicked you butt, Edo-san?" Sandaime smirked as he listened to Dai and Kei brag.

"It surprised me that those three students showed excellent teamwork and individual skills. They put them together and were indestructible. I was hurt really badly, but at the same time, proud of the wonderful job they did. They figured out the principal of the bell training, and no one has done that when they were training under me."

"Those three students, I sense great potential in them," he smiled amusedly.

"Yes, and they asked me if you could give them, let's say, a B-rank mission?" Edo said nervously.

Iruka, who had been listening to their conversation, frowned, "a B-rank mission is not for Genins! It's much too hard for them!" Iruka burst.

"Iruka-sensei is right," Sandaime said, trying to calm down the teacher next to him, "B-rank missions are too hard for Genins."

"I would be escorting them, I can keep them safe, and like I said before, they managed to defeat me. They know how to fight, they are beyond Genin level! If you were to fight them, you would know! Their speed, strength, intelligence, everything! They are no ordinary Genin; they could jolly well be a Jounin without even taking the Chuunin exam at the level they are in now!" Edo-sensei said loudly but calmly.

"You're too reckless, Edo! You give your students too much freedom!" Iruka shouted back at the teacher who frowned.

"Hokage-sama, they are my students; I know what they are capable of doing! Give them a chance; I won't let them act recklessly! I will take good care of them and keep an eye out for them! Trust me!"

"The only one who is reckless is you, Edo!" Iruka shouted.

Dai, Kei and me watched the adults argue amongst themselves. The three of us were clearly shocked. We never knew the happy optimistic teacher we had could be like this...

Sandaime looked at Iruka who was shaking his head, frowning, "I would like to give Edo's a team a chance. Edo's judgment is always correct, and I trust him. Even Kakashi told me what these three are capable of doing," a Jounin gave him a slip of paper and Iruka frowned; "I will give you one chance. Make sure those three students of yours won't die."

"I heard my name, what's the big idea?" Kakashi walked in the office behind his three students who looked just as bored as we did.

"Of all the times to meet, its got to be now..." Dai and Kei muttered.

"Edo-sensei is requesting a B-rank mission for team 9," Iruka sighed heavily, "Hokage-sama agreed to give them one, but I can't accept it, you're on my side too aren't you, Kakashi-san?" Iruka looked hopefully at the masked Jounin.

"I trust my students and I know they are capable of doing this mission," Edo said defensively.

Kakashi looked lazily at the three of us before turning back to Iruka, "B-rank missions aren't for Genins," Edo sighed as Iruka beamed, "but those three aren't any regular Genins, they could do A-rank missions and come back alive," Edo smirked at Iruka, "and I think that even B-rank missions are too easy for them," the three of us high-fived and Edo smiled triumphantly at Iruka.

"Can't we do a B-rank mission like them too?" Naruto pointed at the three of us.

"Not you too?!" Iruka groaned.

"No," Kakashi said simply, "you three aren't anywhere close to team 9, in my test, you three didn't figure out the principal of the training and your fighting isn't as good as theirs," Dai and Kei smirked and laughed at the three.

"In your face, Uchiha!" Dai and Kei stuck their tongue out at the boy who just scowled at them. I smiled slightly and turned my attention back at Edo-sensei who was signing a piece of paper.

"So, what is Team Kakashi doing here?" Hokage-sama smiled at him.

"We've finished our mission," Kakashi said as he handed Sandaime a piece of paper.

"Well, are you guys ready?" Edo-sensei was back to his usual self. He smiled at us, "we can leave anytime we want," he showed us the piece of paper.

"Yes, we have a mission!!" Dai and Kei jumped up and down while I took the paper from Edo-sensei. I frowned as I read the information printed on the paper.

'Well, I was hoping we could go to a village in the Fire country so we could pay a visit to Hiroshima...' I sighed.

"So, where are we going?" Dai and Kei asked me.

"To the Earth country..." I said softly. They smiled and skipped happily outside, not noticing the scared and nervous look on my face.

Edo-sensei sighed and followed them, tapping Kakashi's shoulder as he passed the masked man. I followed after Edo, feeling slightly nervous of this mission. Kakashi and Sasuke were the only ones who noticed. Kakashi flashed me a grin and gave me a 'thumbs up' while Sasuke just smirked at me. 'God, this kid, can't he just talk?!' I thought as I exited the building with the others.

'My first B-rank mission,' I smiled to myself, 'I can't screw this up, I'm going to be a good kunoichi and make my father proud of me,' I skipped to the group ahead of me, catching up with my fellow comrades.

We went back to our apartment rooms and got ready for the mission. Our mission, yes...that. We had to journey to the Earth country to stop a murderer who is causing trouble to the Yamanazu clan. The Yamanazu clan is a clan of skilled medical ninjas who know nothing of fighting but only of healing. The murderer is killing the members one by one with reasons unknown. Our job: To find the killer, unmask him, and find out the reason why he is killing them.

Edo-sensei waited for us just right in front of the Konoha doors, waving to us as he saw us approaching.

"So, ready to leave on your first B-rank mission?" Edo beamed as we exited the village together.

"A little nervous," I said softly, "and scared..." I looked behind me, and the village I grew up in for the past 2 years, looked smaller and smaller as we walked further away.

"So..." Kei started, "what's our mission?"

"In the Earth kingdom, there are a few cases of murder in the Yamanazu clan. The Yamanazu clan is a clan of skilled medical ninjas. They can cure almost any sicknesses, wounds, everything. But one by one, the members are being slaughtered by some people. Our job is to find out who the killer is, find out his motives, and if he is a threat, kill him," Edo said as we walked.

"Killing someone..." Dai said softly, "does it feel good to kill?" he asked our Jounin teacher.

"It depends actually...I kill people not for my enjoyment, but to help other people survive and live peacefully. I try not to kill too much, but I guess you can't help it, if you pick this life of a 'shinobi'; killing is not an option in dangerous missions like this."

"We picked this mission, I guess, we have no choice but to do it" I said to them. Edo-sensei smiled and patted my head.

"Smart girl, but you don't have to do it if you don't want to, I won't force you to," I felt better at the words Edo-sensei had said. It made me feel more comfortable with this mission. I don't know what it would be like if I got another teacher besides this cool one I got.  

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:49 pm
Part 6

I hid in the midst of leaves high up in an oak tree in the Yamanazu village's garden, panting heavily, "I hope Edo-sensei, Dai and Kei are okay," I said softly.

It's been about a week since we arrived in the Earth country/Yamanazu village. Things have been very boring, there were no attacks for the past few days, but finally, everything has begun. The killers, there were four of them, and they finally made a move. They're target was Kitazure Yamanazu, the leader of this clan, and the one in charge of the developing of new techniques in the clan. He was the only one who was alive since the other people in the project had all been murdered.

The Yamanazu clan had made a new technique, a technique that could bring the dead back to life. Apparently, the killers were after the technique...at least, that was what the clan thought anyway. But we don't know for sure, that's why we still need to find out the real reason they're killing off everyone in this clan.

I stood quietly as I heard footsteps coming nearer and nearer to where I was standing. The four of us had split up, and the killers too had split up to hunt us down.

"I know you're there, come out and fight me, there's no point hiding," the man spoke in a cold eerie voice that sent chills down my spine. I jumped down the tree and came face to face with the killers. He looked not more than 15 years old. Below the moon light, I could see his blue eyes twinkling and his white hair shown below the dim night sky.

"You don't look like much of a challenge," he smirked and I frowned, "a little twelve year old Genin like you should not be going out alone at night," he smirked and charged at me, "and you shouldn't be meddling in other people's affairs or you'll end up getting killed."

"Well, I'm not an ordinary girl, mind you, I know how to fight, and I definitely won't die!" I blocked his punch, "Tarenken!"

I threw punches at boy in front of me, hitting him square in the jaw, his stomach, his shoulders, his face. He coughed out blood as he hit the stone wall behind us.

"You're pretty good, but just because you're a girl, doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on you," he smirked and got up slowly, wiping the blood that trickled down his mouth, "but looks like I could have some fun after all."

"Give it your best shot," I taunted. He just smirked and charged at me again, but this time, as he neared me, he held two sharp daggers in his hands, ready to slash me.

"Katon: Kuromeru Houka no jutsu!!(Fire element: Black fire technique)" I opened hands and a big ball of black fire grew bigger and bigger, and the wind was starting to get violent. I threw it at the boy who was charging at me, and it hit him, causing him to get burnt. But instead of hearing him scream or shout in pain, all I heard was a 'poof' sound.

"Kawarimi?!"

"Uindo Katana!(Wind Blade)" from behind me, I saw the boy ready to slash me with his sword. I moved back trying to avoid the blade, but got slashed in the stomach. The wound wasn't fatal, nor was it serious, but it made a deep wound.

"Houka Ni-doru! (fire needles)" I put my hands together and closed my eyes, wincing from the pain. I threw a few fire needles at him and it hit him in the arm, making deep wounds and burning him too.

Before the boy had a chance to pull the needles out, I put my hands together again and did a few hand seals, "Katon: Naraku Houka no jutsu!! (Fire element: Hell Fire technique)" the grass around him begin to catch fire, and the fire spread quickly, burning his legs and some part of his other body parts.

"Damn!" he put his hands together, "Suiton: Suigadan! (Water element: Water wall)" immediately, water surrounded him, extinguishing some of the fire around him and of course, the fire burning him.

"Kai" I cancelled the fire and it just disappeared. I looked at the water wall that was still up, getting ready to attack anytime. But I saw the boy was gone, "where did he go?" I looked up and then down, 'he's down there!'

"Douton: Shinjyuzanshu no Jutsu!" his hand stuck out from the ground, reaching to grab my ankle, but I jumped away in time.

"He wants to be underground," I did a few hand seals, "fine with me! Chika Houka! (Underground fire)" I knelt down and hit the ground with both my hands. The ground grew hotter and hotter, and soon, the plants started dying of the heat.

"Damn it!" the boy jumped out from the ground, muttering some curses under his breath.

"Chiyu no jutsu! (Healing technique)" he healed the wounds on his body. The wounds and cuts closed while the burnt marks healed.

"Sunaarashi!! (Sandstorm)" wind began to blow, and sand began to rise from the ground. It blew all over the place, some coming in my eyes, and making cuts on my arms and legs.

"Hone Assaiki!! (Bone Crusher)" I closed my eyes, and tried to sense where the killer was, but could not track his chakra in the storm. The next thing I knew, I choked out blood and felt a pain in my stomach. The boy had punched me, and broke my rib. I flew to the wall behind me, and the storm seized.

"Damn it," I said as I tried to stand up.

"I have to end this fight quickly," I was starting to feel dizzy from the amount of blood loss and from the pain.

"Well done, I'm impressed that you can still live with the damage you have taken from my attacks, and your skills are beyond Genin level, little girl, what is your name?"

"Karin Hiroshi and you are?"

"Kazuya Keisuke," he smirked, "I'm impressed, let's fight seriously, it'd be fun to do so!" he then took out his two daggers again and smiled sadistically.

"Bring it on!" I ignored the pain and tried to focus on the fight.

"Tsuchi Katana! (Earth blade)" he attacked me but this time, I managed to avoid his blades.

"Kage Shuriken no jutsu! (Shadow shuriken technique)" shadow shurikens appeared and flew towards Keisuke's direction.

"You bore me," he blocked all the shurikens and after the last one, "surely you can do better than that!" he looked up but saw me charging at him, my fist pulled back, ready to punch.

"Tarenken!" I punched him again, making him hit the wall behind him, but I didn't stop, I kept punching him with more and more force. He spat our blood after every punch.

"Kaen Sentou!! (blaze punch)" My hand collided with his left chest, where his heart was. He spat out more blood, and he was bleeding badly.

"Kaen Handou! (blaze kick)" I gave him one last kick in his stomach, causing the wall behind him to crack as he choked out more blood. After my last blow, he looked pretty bruised. He tried to stand, but couldn't. He also tried to heal, but failed to do so.

"My technique has sealed your chakra stream," I fell to my knees, "you can't use ninjutsu and genjutsu for a while," I panted heavily.

"You're good," he smiled. He smiled and not smirked!

"Why are you killing this clan? Why?" I grab him by the collar and glared.

He frowned upon my question, "this clan made a technique that could revive the dead. But in order to do so, sacrifices were needed. In exchange of the revided souls, others needed to die. They needed a container that could hold the soul. And my clan was used as the guinea pig to their experiments, they used my clan to bring them profit and happiness. As the heir to the Kazuya clan, I can't bear to see my clan die! You think what they are doing is right?! I had to stop them, even if it means to have blood on my hands!" "He wanted to get rid of what was in their way, he wanted his plan to work with no interference! I had to put an end to this technique, I had to kill them! My cousins, the ones that were after your friends, they helped, we can't stand to watch our people die one after another, and in order to put this to an end, we needed to kill the people using this technique and burn all that they have.!"

I let go of his collar, "I had no idea..." I was shocked. I didn't know what to say. We stood quietly before I spoke again.

"Let's go find your cousins, I need to tell my teacher and teammates too."

"Thank you, Karin-san," he smiled weakly. I stood up and helped him up too, supporting him. He may not be bleeding a lot outside, but my punches and kick made him bleed internally.

"Not a problem..."

"Hiroshi clan, I know your father. He was a good man, he was an ally to our clan," he said as we walked, "he treated our clan like family," he smiled sadly.

"But why didn't you tell us? We could've helped you."

"One must not meddle in other clan's affairs. That was the rule we made."

I stared at him, you shouldn't be talking right now, you're going to get hurt more," I sighed.

"They're over there, I can sense it," he pointed at the building somewhere behind us. Indeed they were there. Daichi, Keiji and Edi-sensei were fighting the other three killers.

Dai, Kei and Edo didn't look hurt, but the three killers were.

"Edo-sensei, Dai, Kei, stop it!" I walked behind them, Keisuke still next to me.

"Keisuke!" the three of them ran in my direction, but Edo kicked them away.

"Don't go anywhere near her, or you'll die!" Edo threatened the three.

"No, it's okay!" I helped Keisuke sit down on the ground and I joined him, "the four of them aren't wrong! The Yamanazu clan is the one to blame!"

"You told her?" One of the boys pulled down his hood and looked at Keisuke.

"I had no choice; she was going to kill me. As long as these people are here, we're never going to put an end to this matter!"

"Karin," Dai called my name.

"What's going on here?" Kei finished.

"The Yamanazu clan made a new technique, right?"

"What about it?"

"They need a sacrifice to actually get the technique to work. Keisuke comes from the Kazuya clan and is the son of the leader of the clan. He and his cousins came here to kill the people making this technique because he cannot bear to see his people die one by one. What they are doing is not wrong! Keisuke is doing the right thing!"

"That idiot lied. Why didn't Kitazure tell us this?" Edo glared, "how could we just do his dirty work when he's the one that is wrong?" we heard a laugh.

"Because I don't want you people to destroy all my research papers and to interfere with this! When you get rid of those four brats, I can use this technique that I have created to revive anyone I want, including the Harada clan members, and they will be under my control!"

"Why Harada?" Edo glared.

"They have many skills that I want, I can control them and take over any village I want!" He laughed again.

"Harada" I whispered softly, "no, you cannot do that, because I won't let you!" I did a few hand seals, "Kage Shuriken no jutsu!"

"Child's play!" Kitazure smirked and took out two needles. He threw them at the shurikens which disappeared when the needles hit them, "did you think the Yamanazu clan is just a weak medical ninja clan?! We made you think that, but we can do more than just medical jutsus!"

"I'll handle Kitazure; you get the four of them out of here safely!!" Edo pushed Dai and Kei and motioned the three other killers to follow.

"I won't let you brats go! Keiyon! Karasu! Sendo! Get those brats and make sure you get rid of them!"

"The three chief staffs, at your service," they saluted their leader and jumped away, chasing after us.

"Come one, let's hurry; Edo-sensei said he wants us to get out safely!"

We all nodded and jumped away, leaving our teacher to deal with the leader. Keisuke was barely conscious, but he tried to stay awake.

"Keisuke, do you need me to heal you?" the boy who was carrying Keisuke asked, but Keisuke just shook his head.

"Don't waste your chakra on me, just keep going, there are some people following us," he whispered softly.

"Damn it!" I stopped and threw four kunais at the shurikens heading our way.

"Karin, go rest, we'll take care of them," Dai said as he stepped in between the chiefs.

"Get them out of here safely," Kei finished Dai's sentence and picked up a kunai.

"I trust you guys!" I tapped their shoulder before jumping away, Keisuke's cousins following behind me.

"Sendo, chase after the girl," Karasu ordered. Sendo nodded and got ready to charge.

"No," Dai blocked his way, but was only attacked by Karasu.

"Your opponent is me!" Sendo ran passed Dai and Kei and followed me.

"Karin!"

I wasn't aware of it, but Sendo had been following us.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:28 pm
Im not gonna post anymore 'til someone comments, sorry. sweatdrop  

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

Purple dragon lady

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:03 am
Eh, that's too much to read in one sitting... I'll come back later.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 4:28 pm
It may be too much but it's SOOO worth reading. xd You gotta read the rest, believe me.  

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

sabriel111

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:46 pm
I just read all of it and it's pretty good, so post more of it please!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:47 am
Okies! Part 7

"Let me help you with that," I laid my hand on Keisuke's wound and healed it.

"You can heal too?"

"I do lots of things," I replied.

"Maybe I should do it, you need to save your chakra," one of Keisuke's cousin headed towards me and took over.

"Sure," I nodded and moved away, giving him more space.

"Karin, meet my cousins, Raikou, Jiyuu and Yuurei. Guys, this is Karin," Keisuke said.

"Pleasure," the three of them said at the same time.

"Same here," I walked over to Raikou, who was healing Keisuke, to check with him if Keisuke was alright.

"You five have no time for relaxing," a voice echoed, "your time is up, you're all going to die here," the fire that we had started suddenly went off, and the air was cold. Everything felt very cold, like there was snow everywhere.

"Katon: Naraku Houka no jutsu!!" I quickly did a hand seal, and fire started growing on the floor and slowly it spread around, warming up the place.

"Is that it, ritoru no onna? (little girl)" I heard a bone-chilling laugh, before I felt a hand collide with my rib cage. I stumbled back in pain, blood escaping my lips. Having no time to heal my broken rib bone, the pain was two times worst.

"I'll get rid of you first, then the four other yowamushi (weaklings)" He then kicked me again on the stomach, making the pain worse.

"Karin, heal your wounds!" I heard Keisuke shout from the other side of the cave.

"I don't have enough chakra," I glared up at Sendo, "what do you want?"

"What else? Your head," he smiled sadistically as he picked me up by the throat.

"Get away from her!" I heard Raikou shout. He tried to run over to me, but the fire had been blocking his way.

"Your body is so weak and small, you cannot defeat me," his grip tightened, making it even harder to breathe, "and I can rip your head out with just one pull," he threw me on the ground and kicked me.

"You really are weak. I bet you are in pain now" he kicked my in the face.

"Pain, is that what you want?" I laughed, "then it's what you'll get!" I glared up at him, my eyes turned dark from anger.

"Shitsunen (oblivion)," I cut a small scar on my finger and wrote the letters 'Shitsunen' on the floor. The fire died down, but the floor was now covered with shadows. The shadows rushed towards Sendo, binding him tightly.

"Toko Itami (endless pain)" again I wrote those words on the floor with my blood. The shadows bind Sendo tighter, nearly crushing his bones. But the shadow didn't stop there. They slithered up his body and wrapped itself around his throat, choking him.

Doing this jutsu took up a lot of chakra, and since I didn't have full chakra, I couldn't hold it for long.

"I can't hold it anymore," I struggled to get up, but didn't have enough strength too.

"Whats wrong?" Out of chakra?" Sendo smirked as the shadow's bind loosened. He saw that I was on the ground, shaking. "I thought so," he smirked, "but you did put up a good fight," he took out a knife from his pouch, "but sadly, I have to end it here."

"No!" My vision was starting to get blurred, but even so, I saw a halberd being thrown at Sendo's direction. Sendo, however, caught it.

"Amateurs," he threw the halberd on the ground, "it seems you still have no idea who you are dealing with," he turned to look at Keisuke and his cousins who were in one corner, "I'll show you!" he charged at the four boys, two kunais in his hands.

"It's over," Sendo shouted as he raised the kunai, ready to stab the boys.

"You talk so much," I stood in front of the four boys, blocking his attacks with the halberd, "I hate people who talk big like you!" I pushed him off, and tried attacking him again, but he blocked it. I threw the halberd away and took out my kunai.

"You cannot win! Just give up now! Resistance is futile!" he attacked me, making another deep wound in my left arm.

"I'm not going to give up," in my mind, Naruto's face flashed, "A friend of mine showed me that you can achieve anything if you keep on trying!"

"And you choose to listen to your foolish friend of yours?" he smirked.

"I believe in him. And I know, listening to him...is better than listening to you!" I blocked his attack, "I won't lose to you! I promised to a friend and to myself that I will never ever lose to anyone! And I intend to keep that promise!" I jumped back and did a few hand seals, "Kaen Handou!" I charged at him and kicked him square in the jaw, sending him flying. And I could have sworn, I heard a bone crack.

"Urgh," I fell to the ground, exhausted.

"Karin!" Keisuke and his cousins tried to run towards me, but I blocked their way with my fire.

"No, this is my fight," I told them.

"Karin! You can't win at the state you are in!" Keisuke shouted.

"Listen to them," Sendo stood up, "there is no way you can win!" he healed his jaw.

"I can't give up...if I do that, it mean I'm running away, and I don't want to run! I will not RUN!" Keisuke was shocked. Never had he seen anyone so strong-willed and brave as Karin.

"You're making a big mistake there onna!"

"Less talk, more fight!" I snapped at him, ignoring his sentence.

"As you wish!" he disappeared and reappeared behind me, and kicked me in the back, making me stumble forward. I stopped myself from falling and spun around to hit him, but he evaded my fist.

"Too slow," he grabbed my wrist and pulled me forward, and when I was close enough, he punch me hard on the face, sending me flying towards the stone wall.

"Ready to give up?" he asked as he slowly walked towards me, a kunai in his hand.

"Never," I said but didn't get up. I hung my head low and closed my eyes, ready to take his blow. But I felt no pain.

Instead, I heard a scream of pain that was coming from Sendo.

"You fought bravely, Karin," I opened my eyes at the sound of the familiar voice. I looked up and saw a familiar figure, standing in front of me, a kunai in her hand. Behind her, Sendo was on the floor, dead.

"A-Akira-san!" I tried to get up but had no strength to.

"Stay, you don't need to get up, Karin," she threw the kunai on the lifeless body of Sendo, "and I see you mastered the technique I had thought you," she said, referring to Shitsunen and Toko Itami.

"Yes, and I'm glad you saw me did it," I smiled, "I wanted to show it to you," I slowly closed my eyes, falling into deep sleep.

"You have great potential," Akira bent down and placed two scrolls on my lap, "master these for the upcoming Chuunin exam...I'm sure Edo will recommend you guys," in a blink of an eye, Akira was gone. The fire too, had died down.

"Karin!" Keisuke, who seemed alright, rushed towards me, Raikou, Jiyuu and Yuurei following behind him.

"She is an awesome fighter," Jiyuu bent down and healed her wounds, "much better than the four of us combined..."

"Let's bring her back to the Yamanazu village..." Yuurei bent down and picked me up bridal style, "I'm sure the fighting has died down."

"What's this?" the two scrolls that Akira had given me fell down. Raikou looked at it weirdly but nonetheless picked them up to observe them.

"Keep it first, we'll give it back to her later on..."

"The one named Sendo which means death...suffered what his name had meant," Keisuke turned around and left with his three cousins.

They headed towards the Yamanazu village and met up with Dai, Kei and Edo-sensei, who didn't seemed too harmed.
"Thank you for helping us," it had been three days since the fight with the Yamanazu clan. We had recovered, we were packed and we are ready to go back home to Konoha.

"It's no problem at all," Edo rubbed the back of his head, "although we didn't expect the whole fight with the Yamanazu clan at all."

"We'll take care of the rest now, thanks for helping us end the problem," Keisuke stepped out of the group and walked towards me.

"Especially you, Karin," he shook my hand, "you taught me that running isn't the answer, you got to keep trying to get what you want, right?" he smiled and shook my hand.

"Don't thank me, another friend of mine taught me that," I muttered.

"Thank you again," he let go of my hand and walked back with his cousins.

"Sorry we can't escort you out of this village, we have to clean up," Yuurei pointed at the mess behind him. The Yamanazu village was indeed a mess.

"We understand," Dai grinned.

"Hope we'll meet again!" Kei waved.

"I'll be looking forward to fighting you guys!" Jiyuu waved enthusiastically.

"We'll see you around," Edo waved as he turned around and started walking, Kei and Dai following behind our awesome Jounin teacher. I was about to start walking when Keisuke called my name again.

"Karin," he ran towards me, two scrolls in his hand, "the girl that came to help us that time," he handed me the two scrolls, "she gave you these, and well they fell out and Raikou found them...sorry for giving it late."

"It's okay," I took it and put it in my backpack. Keisuke looked around, making sure no one was watching us before he leaned and kissed my cheek.

"I'll be looking forward to meeting again!" he turned and run, waving goodbye to me. I smiled and held the cheek which he had kissed and waved back at him too before following my teammates and teacher.

Home, here we come!  

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:49 am
Part 8
"Well, your mission went well I suppose?" Kakashi greeted us as we entered the gates of Konoha, big smiles on our faces.

"Yeah, it went well, heard you went to the wave country. Did you meet Momoichi Zabuza?"

Kakashi nodded and walked in Konoha with Edo, leaving Dai, Kei and me alone.

"Ramen?" Dai asked Kei.

"Ramen!" Kei and Dai nodded while grinned before running towards the nearest ramen store they could find.

"Boys will be boys," I sighed as I head over to the training grounds. I looked around to make sure nobody was watching me before I jumped up a tree and hid in the leaves, sitting on a dark branch.

I took out the two scrolls which Akira had given me, and opened one of them.

'Hi, Karin, haven't talked in a while. I haven't got time to, it's been really busy for me in Akatsuki. Anyway, I'm glad you mastered the Shitsunen, and because you did, I'm going to give you a new technique that you can use for the Chuunin exam. Do not use it for the first or second exam; use it only for the preliminaries or the main third exam. These techniques are easy to master, but use them wisely. Have fun!'

"Thank you, Akira," I smiled as I sealed the first scroll. I took the second one out and opened it.

"Koodori no Houka (Dancing Flames)" As I said those words, A small blob of ink appeared on the scroll and slowly, it formed a small human being that showed all of the chakra streams in its body. Blue ink appeared in the belly of the human, which was where the main source of the chakra is. It made its way through the chakra stream and into the person hands.

'This technique requires your fire element and a bit of wind. Firstly, try it'll help you with Koodori no Houka. Focus your chakra on your hands and calm your mind.'

I followed the instructions that Akira had given me but only to find it wasn't as easy as I thought it was. Instead of making a gentle wind, strong winds blew, slicing most of small branches of the tree.

'If a strong wind is blowing instead of a gentle one, it means you are using too much chakra and your mind is not at ease. Clear your thoughts and use less chakra.'

I tried again, and this time, the wind got gentler, but it wasn't gentle enough. 'Clear you mind, Karin!' I thought as I kicked out every thought I had in my mind. My body relaxed and my mind was at ease. I tried again and this time, it had worked.

'One you have the mastered, use the same amount of chakra and focus it on your hands. At the same time, summon your Kuromeru Houka. When your fire had appeared, use the small amount of chakra and let the gentle wind blow your fire.'

I jumped down from the tree, afraid that I might burn the leaves. Again, I focused the same amount of chakra I used for in my hands. After doing so, I focused the chakra I needed for the .

The black flame formed in my hands and as it grew bigger, I used the gentle wind on it, careful not to make it too strong. 'Think of the target you'd like to hit around you and think of only that.' I thought of the three wooden logs on my left, concentrating it hard on the logs and the fire.

Upon closer inspection, I saw a very thin thread, that could barely be seen, wrap itself around the three logs. The thread seemed to sway with the wind, making it even harder to see it. The fire in my hands crept along the thread, and indeed it looked like the flame was dancing.

The fire had reached its target. The logs burnt in a matter of seconds, leaving only black ashes on the ground.

I walked over to the ashes on the ground and smiled triumphantly. "Yes!" I looked at the scroll again and read the next instructions. 'Practice this on a moving target, it's more challenging to get your enemies, but once you have caught the enemy, they can no longer move and you can easily defeat them.'

I looked around and saw a squirrel scurrying across the field, an acorn in its hand (Wahaha, it reminds me of Ice Age 2). I again focused my chakra on my hands and as the dark flames appear, I focused on the small squirrel. Indeed it was hard to catch the squirrel because of its fast movement, but I wasn't about to give up.

The threads lashed out at the squirrel but missed it by centimeters. I watch the squirrel carefully, predicting where it will go next before lashing out the threads at the defenseless squirrel.

"Score!" I had caught the squirrel and, like Akira had said, the squirrel could not move. I cancelled the jutsu, not wanting to kill the poor defenseless animal, before pumping my fist in the air, dancing around with joy.

"Okay, don't be too happy yet, Karin, you still got more techniques to learn!" I mentally slapped myself and sat on the ground, holding the scroll and reading it.

"Technique number 2 - Katon: Inferuno Kouen no Jutsu (Inferno Flame)?"

"This technique allows you to burn your enemies from the inside and can close the chakra streams. Simply by touching your enemy, you can burn them internally. Focus your chakra on your palms and make sure no fire is formed."

I did what Akira had instructed but found it quite easy. My palms felt hot, and when I looked at them, I saw a small symbol in a shape of a flame.

"If the symbol of the flame appears, you have mastered the technique."

Again I smiled, happy to master another technique. "Next"

"Nenshou Osore (Burning Fear)," I read on, "This technique is a genjutsu. If your enemy takes one look into your eyes, they will see an illusion designed by yours truly."

"Seems easy enough," I read the procedures for this genjutsu and tried it. But since nobody was there, I did not know whether it had work or not. I looked around to see if there was someone who could help me, I spotted a boy training not so far away from where I stood.

He wore a long-sleeved dark green suit. Around his waist, was his Konoha headband, and he wore an orange leg wraps that covered all the way down from his knees to his ankles. Wrapped around his hands all the way up to his elbows, were white bandages. Lastly, he had a bowl-cut hair, big circular eyes and thick furry eyebrows.

I smirked and walked over to the boy training near me. He didn't look as I approached him nor did he realize I was standing there. I coughed a little, to get his attention and he turned and looked at me.

"Aah, I know you!" he jabbed his finger at me, "you're Karin Hiroshi! This year's number 2 rookie, best female graduate and Edo-sensei's student! I'm Rock Lee, pleasure to meet you!" he gave me a toothy grin and held his hand out for me to shake.

"It's nice of you to hear of me," I took his hand and shook it, "but I was looking for someone to fight with," I smiled and let go of his hands.

"Fight with, you say?" I heard a cool voice coming from behind Lee. A boy and a girl stood behind him, smirking.

"Like to have a go with me?" the girl winked and took out her shurikens and kunais, "let's fight!"

"Sure," she smirked and led me onto a big empty field where no one could interfere with our fight. Lee and his friend watch from the other side of the field.

"Ready, Karin?" without waiting for my response, she jumped up in the air and threw her kunai and shurikens at me, but I caught them with ease.

"is that it?" I smiled slyly at her.

"Just testing out your strength," she smiled and took out a scroll and throwing it in the air. She jumped right after she threw it up and summoned weapons from the scroll.

"Not good enough," I smirked as I grabbed the first kunai that was aimed at me and blocked the rest of her attacks. She seemed surprised at this, but recovered quickly. She landed on the ground, keeping a distance between us.

"Focus your chakra on you eyes, close them, and concentrate," I opened my eyes and looked at my enemy, "my turn then." Instantly, I felt as if I have grabbed the soul of my enemy since I could see the girl's soul being bind by thin threads that were connected to my hand. Everything seemed to pass by in slow motion. Quickly, I thought of a illusion for her, being careful not to make it too serious.

I closed my eyes and thought of the best imagination I could use on her.

"Karin!" I heard Dai and Kei's voices shouting my name. Footsteps came next.

I snapped my eyes open and cancelled the genjutsu I was about to use.

"Great, you had to ruin my practice," I sighed as I looked at the two grinning boys behind me. I turned to look at the girl who was just smiling when she saw Dai and Kei.

"Daisuke and Keiji Shizuka, right?" she grinned and walked over to the two boys behind me, "I'm TenTen," she held out her hand for them to shake.

"How'd you know us?"

"We've never met before," Kei added to Dai's question.

"Our teacher thinks very highly of you guys!" Lee walked up to TenTen with his friend, "he told us you three defeated Edo-sensei in a training session when Edo sensei was serious! And Gai-sensei told us that even he couldn't defeat Edo-sensei!"

"Weird," we three looked at each other, "Edo-sensei was so easy to bring down!"

"Speaking of Edo-sensei" Kei remembered, "he wanted us to meet him here, that's why we came," Kei looked around and spotted our teacher sitting on the grassy field, Kakashi-sensei next to him, "and there he is right now!" Kei instantly picked me up and carried me to where our teacher was sitting, Dai following behind us.

"Put me down!" I shrieked but Kei just laughed.

"Wahaha," Kei just laughed harder when I started slapping him on the back of his head.

"Okay!" he whined after I slapped him for the 15th time. He let go of me, causing me to fall on the ground with a loud thud.

"I hate you" I muttered as I lay still on the ground, glaring darkly at Kei and Dai who both just laugh.

"Hey guys! I have news!" Edo waved at us from where he was sitting. I picked myself up and dusted the mud off my clothes. I walked towards our teacher with Kei and Dai and greeted both Edo and Kakashi.

"You'll never guess what," Edo and Kakashi looked at each other and smiled.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:10 am
Part 9

"Chuunin Exams?" Dai asked questioningly.

"Yep, it's an exam to promote your rank from a Genin to a Chuunin. I've already submitted your names under mine, but whether you show up is completely up to you," Edo-sensei explained.

"Aren't we too early to be taking this exam? I mean, we were only Genins for about 1 month," Kei said.

"But from the trainings, I think you guys are ready to take it. You have good team work skills and you each have your own special individual skills," Kakashi finally spoke, "all the other rookies this year are also taking the exam."

"I don't really mind," I thought over it again. So this is what Akira meant. Thank you so much! I owe you big time for this.

"Well, sure, why not, I guess..."

"Glad to hear that, anyway, I'll fill you in on the details later on, you can go now."

"A Chuunin at the age of 12? That is so cool."

"Edo-sensei was a Chuunin at 6. He was half our age." I said.

Like Akira.

"Anyway, I'll catch you later," I smiled at the two who were still talking, "I need to catch up on some training."

"Later, Karin," they both chanted and left, probably to find more food to eat.

I sat by the lake in the training grounds, not feeling like training. I stared at the water as it laid ever so still. Truthfully, I was feeling doubt in this exam. I was scared to put Kei and Dai in danger.

"Having a little doubt?" I turned back and saw Sasuke standing there behind me.

"It's none of your business," I said as I turned back again.

"Don't deny it, I know you are scared to take this exam, just back out while you can."

Now, Sasuke wouldn't be saying these things. I smirked.

"I'm not letting my teammates down just because I'm feeling a little doubt about this exam," I took out a small needle and threw it at the so-called Sasuke.

"I lack self-esteem, that's why I want to take this exam, I won't run away. I came here to become a good kunoichi, and I can't if I don't take this step."

"Hmph, very well, have it your way," he disappeared in a blur.

"Looks like they are all serious," Iruka mumbled as he turned back to his normal self in the forest not too far from where I was.

"I guess I have to trust Kakashi and Edo's decision in this," he said disappointedly as he walked away.

After I felt the man's presence disappear, I smiled to myself, "thank you Iruka-sensei, for caring so much about us," I said out loud.

"The exams begin in two weeks, so you guys have time to prepare. The first exam is a written exam, as usual," Dai and Kei groaned at that while me and Edo-sensei just laughed, "the second is survival training, and the third is to show off you individuals skills you possess. It isn't that hard, I'm sure you guys can do it."
"Wow, all 12 rookies assembling, this is really big. I bet there are a whole lot other people there too," I said.

"Yeah, not many people can pass this exam. Most of them have tried at lease 7 times but still not make it, but I have faith in you guys, I'm sure you can do it," Edo-sensei does try really hard to encourage us. That's a good thing, I'm not saying its bad.

"Here," he handed us three slips of paper," keep it, it's your pass. A lot of people from other villages will be coming in by now, so don't be suspicious of them."

"Wow, we get to meet new people," Dai said sarcastically. I laughed at his comment. Dai and Kei never did like socializing a lot.

"I trust in you not to make trouble," Edo-sensei smiled, "I have to run now, just ask any Jounin teacher or me if you have any questions."

With that, he disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

"Well, want to have a look around? You know, get to meet the new people?" Kei offered.

"Sure, I don't mind," I smiled at Kei for offering.

We walked around the town, seeing different people from different villages, but they didn't look too friendly.

"Hey, isn't that" I pointed at a familiar pink-headed girl and blonde boy near the south gates of Konoha.

Apparently, they seemed to be making new 'friends' with a girl and a boy from the hidden village of sand.

"Let's check it out."

We walked towards the group and saw that they were in the middle of an argument. The boy from the sand had a little boy, whom I assumed was Naruto's friend as I had seen Naruto with him before, held by the collar, or rather, the scarf.

"Kankurou, don't. We're going to get yelled at later," she hissed at the boy, whose name was Kankurou, from the sand.

"I'm sorry, I was messing around with them..." Sakura apologized.

"Hey you! Let go of Konohamaru!" Naruto shouted angrily at Kankurou.

The boy looked at Naruto's headband and grinned. 'leaf genin' "Lets play a little until the boss comes." He smiled at the little boy who I have learnt to be Konohamaru.

Konohamaru kicked at the guy's stomach but Kankurou didn't react.

"Little brat." Kankurou laughed.

Naruto clenched his fists. "You b*****d!" He charged at Kankurou, who raised his hand and did a strange movement with his fingers. Naruto's left leg suddenly flew into the air, causing him to fall on his back.

"What was that?" Dai asked me, "I didn't catch that."

"A puppeteer," I said simply, observing the blue chakra strings from his fingertips.

"Oh, Leaf Genins are weak," he laughed.

"Let go of me..." Konohamaru whined as his fist pounded on Kankurou's hand.

" If you don't let him go I'll make you pay, idiot!" Naruto shouted. Sakura sighed.

"You're the idiot!" She hissed.

"Hey, you're annoying..." Kankurou smirked. "I hate midgets, especially ones that are rude. Makes me want to crush them."

Naruto and Sakura gasped while the two younger children, who I didn't notice until now, shook in fear.

"Quite an interesting show, don't you think?" Kei said amusedly.

"Every part of it," Dai replied.

The girl sighed. "I'm not involved."

"Well, after this brat, I'll take the loud midget down," Kankurou looked at Naruto..

"How pathetic do you have to be to pick on kids half your age?" I asked Kankurou.

"Heh, you're just like them, what can you do? I bet you can't even hit," I smirked at his reply as my eyes twinkled with mischief.

"Don't," Dai and Kei held my shoulders back as they knew what I was going to do.

I sighed.

"See, I, however, can," he raised his fist to punch Konohamaru. But something shot out and hit his raised fist.

Blood. That was what landed on my cheek.

Konohamaru fell to the ground as Kankurou held his bleeding hand. Kei picked up a rock that fell on the ground. "What are you doing in our village?" Sasuke asked as he sat calmly on a thick branch just above us, tossing a rock up into the air and catching it again.

"Sasuke!" Sakura squealed as she saw her hero.

Sasuke caught the rock for the last time and crushed it, making it turn to dust.

"Sasuke, you're so cool!" Sakura squealed, and so did the little girl from Konohamaru's group.

"Naruto-niichan, you suck, I've lost my respect for you," Konohamaru stuck his tongue out at Naruto who looked dumbstruck.

"Show-off," Dai and Kei chanted.

"Hmph, another annoying brat to deal with."

I looked around and saw that even the ninja from the sand was attracted and interested in Sasuke.

ew

"Come down here, I hate show-off punks like you the most," he tugged on a white wrappings from what he carried on his back.

"You're not going to use Karasu are you?" his companion asked.

He just grinned in reply.

I tore my gaze off Sasuke and looked at the boy who hung upside down on the branch just next to Sasuke.

"Kankurou, stop it," he said simply.

Kankurou flinched upon hearing the boy's voice, "Gaara.."

"You're a disgrace to our village," he said darkly.

"It's not my fault! They started it-" before he could finish, the boy interrupted.

"Shut up, or I'll kill you."

Wow. It was amazing. Those six words could make a boy, meaning Kankurou, who was much bigger than him sweat and apologize.

"Okay, it was my fault, I'm sorry," he stuttered.

"Sorry to you guys," Gaara apologized to Sasuke, who was the nearest to him.

He disappeared in gust of wind, leaving only sand to fall on the ground, and reappeared again in front of his two companions. Without another word, they started leaving.

"Wait," the three of them turned back to face the pink-haired girl, "I know the fire country and the wind country are allies, but it's forbidden for ninjas to enter other villages without permission. Please state your purpose here."

"Leaf Genins are clueless," the girl said.

"Stop it, Temari."

"They're here for the upcoming Chuunin selection exams, you dolt," Dai snapped.

"I thought Kakashi-sensei had told them" Kei wondered.

"You want proof?" the three of them held out three slips of paper similar to what Dai, Kei and me got from Edo-sensei.

"You got our answer," Temari stated blankly.

"What's this Chuunin selection exams?" Naruto asked me quietly so only I could hear.

"It's when Genins, like us, take the exams to raise our ranks to Chuunins," I replied dryly.

"I want to take it too," Naruto grinned.

"What's your name?" Sasuke jumped down from the tree and asked the sand ninja.

"Me?" Temari asked.

"No, the one next to you, the red-haired with the gourd."

It was silent for a while, before he spoke, "Gaara...Gaara of the Dessert. And you are?"

"Uchiha Sasuke."

Gaara then glanced at Dai, Kei and me before walking away with Kankurou and Temari.

"How about me?!" Naruto exclaimed.

"Not interested," Gaara replied without turning back.

At that, Kei and Dai started laughing like mad men. I giggled a bit at Naruto's attempt to get attention.

Team 7 and Konohamaru's group turned to leave, but the three of us sensed something was wrong, like someone was watching us.

"Karin!" I heard someone call my name.

All of us, including team 7, turned to where the voice was coming from.

"Ah, it's Keisuke," Dai said as he squinted to see the figure approaching.

Yuusei, Jiyuu, and Raikou are there too, with several other people.

My heart seem to pound faster as Keisuke approached us.

"Hey, how've you been?" he Keisuke beamed as he gave me a side hug.

"We've only not seen each other for 2-3 days," I stuck my tongue out.

"Haha, hey Dai, Kei," Keisuke, Raikou, Jiyuu and Yuusei greeted them and got a reply from them.

"Anyway, Karin, Dai, Kei, meet Kokoro and Inase Kazuya," they both smiled and bowed down, "they're our teammates for this Chuunin exam."

"No way, you're taking it too?" Dai and Kei said at the same time.

"Seems to me, we'll be seeing each other a lot," Raikou smiled.

I glanced at Sasuke and did I see what I think I just saw? A hint of...Jealousy??  

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

Maifai

Loyal Lionheart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:14 am
Part 10

"Hey Karin," Keisuke leaned down and whispered in my ear so only I could hear, "do you have some sort of connection with that guy over there?" he glanced at Sasuke before looking back at you, "he seems pretty jealous right now," he smiled nervously.

"Don't worry about him, come on, I'll show you around town," I dragged Keisuke by the arm towards the town. Dai and Kei grinned at each other and gave a sly grin at the group behind who responded in the same way, before walking the opposite direction.

"So, how are things in the Earth Kingdom?" I asked Keisuke who gave a smiled in return.

"Things are great, thanks to you," he put his arm around you and laughed.

"That's good to hear," I allowed him to put his arm around me, "wow, I can't believe we're taking the same exam, I don't want us to fight each other," I sighed.

"Hey, even if we do, I'd give up straight away," he smiled.

"You're too kind," I smiled, "but I won't like that."
Dai, Kei and I sat at the back row of the room, waiting for the rest of the teams to arrive. Keisuke and his friends sat not too far away from us, between a large group of people from the Earth Country.

"All rookies this year are taking part, Edo-sensei said," Dai leaned back and smirked.

"That's interesting," Kei added as he stared up at the ceiling.

The double doors opened again, revealing team 7, with shocked expressions on their faces. Dai and Kei grinned slyly as they entered.

All eyes were on them, and did they look uncomfortable.

"Sasuke~ What took you so long?" Ino jumped and hugged the quiet Genin who shot her an annoyed look, "Because I haven't seen you for so long, I've waited for you with anxiously, I thought you'd never show up!"

"Get away from Sasuke, Ino-pig!" Sakura jabbed her finger at her rival.

"Ah, Sakura, you're forehead's as big as ever," Ino smirked as Sakura's temper rose.

"What did you say?"

Ino stuck her tongue out at Sakura. "What? You guys are also taking this troublesome exam too?" Shikamaru approached the group with Chouji tagging along.

"Oh, it's the stupid trio," Naruto said as he saw Shikamaru.

"Take that back," Shikamaru spat, "Damn, you are irritating."

"Sasuke is mine!" Ino smirked at Sakura.

"Yahoo! Found you!" Kiba and his team approached.

"Good afternoon," Hinata greeted shyly.

"Wow! Everyone's all here!" Kiba stared at team 7 and 10, before staring at me, Kei and Dai who just ignored the arguments of the other 6 rookies.

"What, you guys are here too? Damn," Shikamaru muttered.

"Wow, all 12 rookies this year assemble and take the exam together?" Kiba smirked, "how far can we go, I wonder," he looked at Sasuke, "right Sasuke?"

"I don't know them," Dai said simply and Kei nodded, agreeing with his brother. I sighed in return.

"You're so confident, Kiba," Sasuke said.

"It's because we've trained so hard, we're not going to lose to you!"

"Shut up! Sasuke might lose to you, but I know I won't!" Naruto shouted.

"Sorry Naruto, that's not what Kiba meant," Hinata said shyly.

"You guys! You're making too much noise, it's better if you lower your voices," a boy that looked not much older than us approached the three teams, "you twelve people just graduated from the academy, right? This exam isn't a picnic, you know."

"Who are you? You're so full of yourself!"

"I'm Kabuto, besides that, look behind you," he pointed at the whole class.

"Behind?" Sakura turned her head and stared at the people behind her who gave the nine of them cold stares and glares.

"Behind youare ninjas from the amagakure. Their short-tempred. Everyone's tense and are thinking about the exam. It's better for you if you're careful not to make problems with them," everyone kept quiet, "well, what can I do, you guys are just people who don't know anything yet, I remembered myself when I first took this exam," Kabuto reached for something in his weapon pouch.

"Em, Kabuto right? Is this your second time taking the exam?"

"Nope, it's my 7th time, because only two exams are held in a year, this is my 4th year," he smiled.

"Then you must know a lot about this exam then," he smiled at Sakura.

"Yep."

"Wow, you're amazing, brother Kabuto!"

"Hehe, right, I'll give you a few information for you, my juniors, with this information card."

"Information card?"

"To put it simply, these cards are cards that are already filled with information that are made with chakra. In here, I got all the information about the students for the past 4 years, the amount I have is about 200 cards. At first, it looks like the card is blank, but to see the information," Kabuto took out one card and placed his finger on the blank side, "but by using my chakra, I can see what information the card has," in a puff of smoke, the card showed a map of the six countries , and showing how many students were taking part.

"This is the amount of students taking part this year, and the number of students from the six different countries. 90 from Konoha, 3 from the Otogakure, 6 from the Takigakure, 12 from Kusagakure, 21 from the Amegakure, and 30 from the Sunagakure."

"Can these cards give information about a particular person?" Sasuke asked. Typical Sasuke, finding other's weaknesses I thought.

"Is there anyone that caught your attention?" Kabuto asked, "of course, it can, but even though the information isn't complete for the ones taking the exam this year, I can give you some information, just give me their names."

"Gaara from Sunagakure, Rock Lee from Konoha, and Keisuke Kazuya from Kusagakure."

"Why are you asking about Keisuke? He didn't do anything to you," I said icily at Sasuke without looking at him, but he just ignored.

"Oh, so you know their names, makes the job easier then," Kabuto took out three cards and showed Sasuke.

"Rock Lee from Konoha, a year older than you, 20 D-rank missions, 11 C-ranked missions, the leader of Team GuyHis Taijutsu is really good, but his other statuses aren't as good though. Last year, he was said to be a skilled Genin, but he didn't take the exam, and like you guys, it's his first time taking the exam. His teammates are-"

"Hyuuga Neji and TenTen," Dai and Kei said at the same time, finishing Kabuto's sentence.

"What they said," he smiled and put the down the second card, "Gaara from Suna, did eight C-ranked missions, and 1 B-ranked. Because he's from another country, I don't have any details about him, but only he finishes his mission without getting hurt."

Sasuke gulped and motioned Kabuto to show the next card.

"Keisuke Kazuya," he took the third card out, "did 7 C-ranked missions, 4 B-ranked and surprisingly did 2 A-ranked missions as a Genin," Kabuto gulped, "His Ninjutsu, Genjutsu and Ningu are his strong points, his Taijutsu is also good and his chi is very high. And like you too, it's his first time taking the exam. His teammates are Inase Kazuya, his cousin, and Jiyuu Kazuya, his other cousin."

"Your boyfriend seems pretty strong there," Kei said, making me blush a little.

"He's pretty cute," Ino said. Keisuke Kazuya isn't as weak as I thought he was, I can't let my guard down when I'm around him Sasuke thought.

"Konoha, Suna, Ame, Kusa, Taki, Oto, this year there are a lot of talented Genins from the 6 different villages, but I don't have a lot of information about the Otogakure as that is a very small country, but other than that, the other countries have many talented Genins," Kabuto smiled.

"In other words, all the Genins are gathered here today," Hinata said with a bit of confidence.

"I feel like I've lost my self-esteem," Sakura muttered.

"Correct! Genins like Lee, Gaara and Keisuke are talented Elite Genins and are chosen from the famous countries. They're not weaklings like how you think they are," Kabuto smirked.

Naruto began to tremble and Sakura was the only one that noticed.

"Hey, Naruto, you don't have to tremble like that-"

"My name is Uzumaki Naruto! And I won't lose to any of you!" Naruto shouted at the top of his lungs, jabbing his finger at the crowd who just glared at him.

"Hey! What's with him!" Ino glared angrily at Sakura who just kept quiet.

"Ahh, I feel better," he grinned sheepishly. Dai, Kei and I smirked slyly as did Sasuke.

"That Konoha ninja seems to be giving off your personal information, Keisuke," Jiyuu leaned back and placed his foot on the table, "to that Uchiha boy Kei and Dai told me about."

"So? Leave him be, if he chooses to fight me, he's welcomed to, it's the Chuunin exam after all, I won't lose to him," Keisuke said, not seeming to care about Sasuke at all.

"We're just worried about you, we don't want you to die, you are our heir, the Kazuya clan needs you," Inase said, "and I'm sure Karin wouldn't want you to either," she smiled and nudged him.

Keisuke blushed, "don't tease me," he said and looked away.

"Not going to lose to them, you say?" Kiba snorted, "show-off."

"Idiot, he had to make everyone our enemy," Shikamaru pouted.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Sakura strangled Naruto.

"I was only saying the truth!" Naruto said, trying to break free from her death grip.

"Sakura, let him go, being his teammate, you should already know he's like that," I said simply. Sakura let him go and sighed in frustration.

"Everyone, it was only a joke, he's an idiot you see," Sakura said nervously.

Sakura gave Naruto a lecture and the others just watched the two.

"Brother Kabuto, you'd better be careful," Dai and Kei hung their head low, "someone's going for you," they smiled.

A boy jumped out from the crowd, throwing to kunais at Kabuto who dodged it by moving back. Without having time to recover, another ninja stood in front of him and swing his arm to punch him, but Kabuto dodged it by moving his body back, avoiding the blow.

He's fast Sasuke thought.

Kabuto smirked, found his glasses suddenly cracking. He took them off and smirked.

"What? He avoided the blow?" Why?! Why did his glasses break?"

"It must have hit him a bit. Cih, he's too proud."

Kabuto then sank to his knees and began to vomit on the ground. Everyone stared at him, wondering what could have made him like that.

"Brother Kabuto!" Sakura and Naruto rushed to his side, asking if he was alright.

"Sound?" Dai and Kei looked at each other then at me.

"I could have sworn I heard something when that guy tried to punch Kabuto," I said more to myself then anyone else.

"What do you mean?" Dai asked.

"They are from the Otogakure, meaning the sound village. Most people from different villages use elements based from where they are from, and since they are from the sound, their attacks are based on sound," I explain, "he uses supersonic attacks."

"I get it, that's why his glasses still cracked and him vomiting. Sound isn't something you can avoid," Kei said. I nodded and turned my head to look at the three sound ninjas.

"Write it down in your cards, this is how strong the trio from Otogakure are," the three sound ninjas smirked, before walking away.

"This is going to be one heck of an exam," I thought.  
Naruto Fanfiction - Share your own stories about the Naruto world!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games