Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Help..no downloads folder..D:<

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FREE GOLDZEZ FOR YEW.
  yey.
View Results

WindhoesXP

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:27 pm
OHEMGEE.OHEMGE. LIFE IS SO OVER...xDD

But seriously does anyone know what happened? I have a mac, and I just reinstalled the Sims 2 because it was running awfully buggy and slow but theres no downloads folder in the documents :. Does anyone know whats wrong/how to fix it? Do you think if I just added a downloads folder in there it would work!? HELP!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:20 pm
If you don't have one, you can just make one yourself. It'll still work.  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 6:47 am
Usually when the game is installed there isn't a Downloads folder. The game only generates one after the first time you load the game after installation.
AnnoyingEvil1 is right in saying that you can add your own. Just make sure it has a capital D at the start.

(I've moved this thread to Q&A where it belongs)  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:01 pm
Menaceman
Usually when the game is installed there isn't a Downloads folder. The game only generates one after the first time you load the game after installation.
AnnoyingEvil1 is right in saying that you can add your own. Just make sure it has a capital D at the start.

(I've moved this thread to Q&A where it belongs)

I tried to add my own and I did put a capital D and everything but after I tried that my game kept crashing before it got to loading the towns. I took it out and now it starts but theres still no downloads folder and I've played it 5+ times already..  

WindhoesXP

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:25 am
The only other thing to try then is to download an object from the Sims 2 Exchange and then try installing that. It should force your game to make a downloads folder for the item to go into.
I wouldn't try it with a house or a Sim though cos you might get stuff you didn't intend to.  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games