Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply The Sims Guild
Sims withdrawl

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which do you think will sell out quicker?
  pets first day on market will totally swamp seasons!
  seasons is going to be HOTT! there will be people camping out!
View Results

athena08905

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:10 am
not so much withdrawl....but...boredom...like...I wanna just double click that cute little pets/sims icon on my desktop...but...well...I just remember the family I have been playing and I don't feel up to it...nor do I feel up to making a new one...this always happens, like, right before a new expansion pack comes out...it can get quite depressing...
that's not the only thing holding me back...now...since I need more ram...my computer goes super slow...so in turn...I have to turn off my internet and play sims (I like to believe it goes faster) so I can't be on AIM with sims on...so, if I'm waiting for someone to get online...or what-not...then I can't play sims... stare oh-so-confusing...lol....I canNOT wait for seasons...lets hope I can get it the day it comes out...who think it will be more popular than pets? what about less?
I know the day pets came out...a few stores were sold out and some didn't even have the shipment in! then I got the last copy of it at another store...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:04 am
[User Image]

i never run anything behind the sims, because if someone IMed me, the sims would minimize automatically.
    and several times that has screwed up my game
    but i don't actually use pets that much, just the new items. xD
    i definatley think i will like seasons more than pets

`R a i n b o w

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:23 pm
I play sims in a window, so I can leave my chat program up.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 9:42 am
I would play the Sims in windowed mode, but when I tried it, I realized how much I depend on edge scrolling, and though I can get around it, it takes more time.

Infinity-Nevermore

Lady Vina

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:08 pm
I know how ya feel, I get so excited about the next expansion and start envisioning how my sims lives will be once it comes out so it gets depressing when I play before a new one is released.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:25 am
Infinity-Nevermore
I would play the Sims in windowed mode, but when I tried it, I realized how much I depend on edge scrolling, and though I can get around it, it takes more time.

Ahh... I pick up on keyboard shortcuts quickly, so I use my arrows.  

Evil Murklins
Vice Captain

Infinity-Nevermore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:43 am
Can you use arrows to circle the house? That's what I need.
Back to the topic, I guess that doesn't happen to me because I'm "catching up" as far as EPs go. I just got OFB a week ago, so I'm too busy exploring all the new features to get bored and depressed.

The Sims Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games