Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Poetry
December Sky

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:08 pm
The sunset and frosty weather inspired this piece.

DECEMBER SKY

Crimson skies bleeding out
in shades of blue and green
ecchymotic
hematomas
Sky has been fulled
Pockets of white and gray
fill my vision

Tips of sentinel's
fingers
glisten with frozen
silver light
shining endlessly
capturing small
images of colored
reflections
Sky and earth
melding into one
small
glistening
speck
of hydrogen and oxygen
captured in time
as so many past

Tell me it shall
never end

Cold air
sucking breath away

Meaningless I am
to this

Laura Horner
12-2-06

Copyright © deadheadpoet ... [2006-12-03 11:50:51]  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:37 pm
Oooh, bloody words. Beautifully bloody words. I admit I had to go to the dictionary for ecchymotic. xd That's a very ... vivid analogy. It makes me feel like I'm under the December Sky... tranquil and relaxed. Though I normally don't like lines with few words, I think you entered the next line each time at the perfect time. Instead of breaking up your flow, it gives it even more character. Wonderful image of snow.

I loved the way you ended it. Your poetry gives us novice poets insipiration, as it is an extraordinary example of what we may be able to write one day.  

Lord_Skyy

hippiepoet1964

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:39 am
Lord_Skyy
Oooh, bloody words. Beautifully bloody words. I admit I had to go to the dictionary for ecchymotic. xd That's a very ... vivid analogy. It makes me feel like I'm under the December Sky... tranquil and relaxed. Though I normally don't like lines with few words, I think you entered the next line each time at the perfect time. Instead of breaking up your flow, it gives it even more character. Wonderful image of snow.

I loved the way you ended it. Your poetry gives us novice poets insipiration, as it is an extraordinary example of what we may be able to write one day.

Lord_Skyy, I am truly honored by your comment. redface Nature is one of my greatest inspirations in writing.  
Poetry

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games