Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Oh my gosh. This woman does not deserve to be a parent Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z Devotchka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:48 pm
This girl randomly added me, and I honestly have no idea why I accepted her, seeing as she's a noob and utterly obnoxious.
So, her mum gets upset because I curse alot and writes me this e-mail on her daughter's account.

Note I never said ANYTHING mean to her daughter, nor did I have ANY sort of contact with her.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:49 pm
babygurl6684
Z McBear
babygurl6684
Z McBear
babygurl6684
first of all u are not all that and have a really foul mouth and why don't u get a life . i already have one , it seems to me that u are a very lonley girl who needs to act her age and not your shoe size . gee !!!!!!!!!! i wonder if your parents realize how u u talk , curse and present ur self , u certainly present ur self as a

WANNA- BE BIG BAD GIRL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AS THE SAYING GOES TELL ME WHO U HANG OUT WITH AND IT SHOWS WHO U ARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAYBE UR PARENTS SHOULD SEE UR EMAILS ON HOW U PRESENT UR SELF TO OTHERS ONLINE .. IF U HAVE A PROBLEM U CAN EMAIL ME PERSONALLY.....
donnadbest1@aol.com

well, i, personally, have no problem with you. or your mother. my parents love me and i get along with them, and my mother, who is like my best friend, is aware of everything that goes on in my life. you're welcome to voice your opinions. but you don't have to trash-talk me. you could simply have removed me from your list. you obviously don't know me that well. i'm a positive role-model, believe it or not. i'm drug, alcohol, and nicotene-free. i'm sex-positive. i'm mature and present myself like an adult. i'm a straight-A student and a good daughter and older sister. so you're entitled to your opinion, but please don't voice it in an aggressive manner, and don't you think it's a bit much to get a parent involved to treat me like a criminal?

in response to ur emails i did not trash talk u , and being sex- positive and sayin i am mature agressive manner and u are not being treated like a criminal , and it is great u get along with ur parents well , so that means they noe your emails u send to people u do not even noe or want to get to noe just by usin foul languauge ...... like the words that start with F / B , W/E WORDS U MAY USE SO BY ALLL MEANS I WAS NOT TRASHIN U BUT I WOULD NOT ALLOW MY CHILDREN TO SPEAK OR WRITE TO ANYONE LIKE THAT..... SO DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONAL......

well, if that is the way you want to raise your children, then i support that wholey. i'm sure they'll grow up to be intelligent a successful. but not all children grow up in the same manner, so it's a tad bit biased to assume that all children have virgin ears. however, i do understand where you are coming from with this. it's a good thing that you want to raise your children in such a manner, and im more than positive it will serve them well in the future. but just because i speak in the mannerism that i do doesn't mean that i'm unintelligent. i just use those words because they are just that, words.
im sorry if i exposed you to something you didnt wish to be exposed to.

thank u 4 ur response , and i respect that u understand where a mother is comin from , they do not have virgin ears but it is bad enough that they hear it on the outside ............. if and my daughter want to be buddies and get to noe 1 another i hope u will respect ma wishes not to use those words would be appreciated.... a mother's job is to make sure that they are not always expoed to it all the time , espically in emailin 1 another......

i entirely understand. we recently had a lesson at school about internet safety, and it seems as if you're doing your job. of course i'll respect your wishes. it'd be slander to do otherwise.
and once again, i sincerely apologize if i offended either of you.

Z Devotchka

Z Devotchka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:50 pm
Disclaimer: I'm not really sorry.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:02 pm
Christ on a crutch! Profanity has been watered down so much by society today that they don't mean anything anymore unless expressed in a truly aggressive manner.

I wouldn't be sorry either. Rape her childrens' ears!

Sheep Kitchen

Wheezing Ladykiller

Arkly

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:04 pm
Wow, I could understand if that was a kid, but her mother? I guess wii(Completely intended) know who got into the shallow end of the gene pool.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:46 pm
*cries* A PARENT wrote that?! Oh my...  

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Z Devotchka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:23 pm
Note how articulate I was, and yet she didn't take the hint. crying  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:42 pm
OMG! Reading that almost gave me a headache, with all those "u"s and "ur"s and slang... just horrible!  

Saphira713

Midnight Minuet

Fashionable Businesswoman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:27 pm
I just can't believe a PARENT wrote that. It looks like some young girl wrote it pretending to be her mom.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:53 am
A parent wrote that?
That is a darn shame.
I am in total shock right now.  

Radio Chaos

Lord_Sunday

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:16 am
I can't decide whether or not I should laugh or cry as I watch standards plummet to an all-time low.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:30 am
If this girl is around the same age as you, then the mother should be familiar with a typewriter at least. The fact that a parent is using text talk and short-hands is sickening. My mother only uses short-hands for things like grocery lists and chores list, but that is understandable.

Also, why on earth is the mother reading her daughter's e-mail. Who is trying to protect? She's going to have to let the girl go eventually. Man, I hate overprotective parents like that. If the girl goes to a public school or evena private one she could be saying curse words at school. Duh. Parents who assume their children are little angels and protect them show that they really don't know s**t about their kid.

My mom knows everything about my life, I even swear when I'm around her. And this is how I turned out. I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, haven't had underaged sex, no criminal record, and I have high grades. Overprotective parents only cause the child to act out.

(Sorry for the long post but it needed to be said)  

Kait Yslanaa

Dangerous Dabbler

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:28 pm
hehe lolz!!!
I just can't believe a PARENT wrote that. It looks like some young girl wrote it pretending to be her mom.

I agree. I really doubt that the person responding to you is the girl's mother. Not only because of the idiotic spelling mistakes, because I know that some adults are worse typers than pre-teen noobs. What makes me think that this isn't her mother is the way she said everything. It's a load of crap! I don't know a single mother who would talk like that to someone that they thought was a bad influence on their child. And I've met quite a few mothers...I teach dance and have taught Sunday school in the past. The women I know wouldn't lecture in that idiotic manner. They'd have you scared for your safety! Well...some of them weren't that harsh. But even they would have you genuinely sorry.

Also, I doubt a mother would actually read her child's emails on a forum-based site that she probably knows nothing about. This whole thing screams "I'm pretending to be my own mom" at me. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:14 pm
Kait Yslanaa
If this girl is around the same age as you, then the mother should be familiar with a typewriter at least. The fact that a parent is using text talk and short-hands is sickening. My mother only uses short-hands for things like grocery lists and chores list, but that is understandable.

Also, why on earth is the mother reading her daughter's e-mail. Who is trying to protect? She's going to have to let the girl go eventually. Man, I hate overprotective parents like that. If the girl goes to a public school or evena private one she could be saying curse words at school. Duh. Parents who assume their children are little angels and protect them show that they really don't know s**t about their kid.

My mom knows everything about my life, I even swear when I'm around her. And this is how I turned out. I don't smoke, drink, do drugs, haven't had underaged sex, no criminal record, and I have high grades. Overprotective parents only cause the child to act out.

(Sorry for the long post but it needed to be said)

Couldn't have said it better myself, babe.
I actually am an adult ((19. Go me!)), but I didn't even talk like that when I was her age.
Honestly, that woman has no right to try to educate a young woman on proper grammar when she can't even talk herself.
She really needs to learn the definitions of Syntax and Capitalization.

Z Devotchka

Z Devotchka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:19 pm
rae-chan-sensei
hehe lolz!!!

I agree. I really doubt that the person responding to you is the girl's mother. Not only because of the idiotic spelling mistakes, because I know that some adults are worse typers than pre-teen noobs. What makes me think that this isn't her mother is the way she said everything. It's a load of crap! I don't know a single mother who would talk like that to someone that they thought was a bad influence on their child. And I've met quite a few mothers...I teach dance and have taught Sunday school in the past. The women I know wouldn't lecture in that idiotic manner. They'd have you scared for your safety! Well...some of them weren't that harsh. But even they would have you genuinely sorry.

Also, I doubt a mother would actually read her child's emails on a forum-based site that she probably knows nothing about. This whole thing screams "I'm pretending to be my own mom" at me. rolleyes

Believe me, I've gotten scolded at by parents before. It's sort of blatantly obvious that this wasn't an actual full-grown woman. It is, however, quite possible that she's an age 20-some mother, seeing as her daughter is 12 ((in clear violation of Gaia TOS)). Or she was possibly trying to be "hip" and failed miserably, yet succeeded at making herself look like an arse.

Either way, it was nausiating. =/

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces