Reply Fantasy Books Guild
Kristen britain Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ANARA Airlyn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:34 pm
hah!! there isn't one about her yet. please do tell about how you like the books. i love kari ann laren mapstone and the others and the predicements they find themselves in.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 8:40 pm
Huh, that's right, I never nmade a thread for her. I meant to, too. Oh well, looks like you beat me to it. n.n

I've read Green Rider and First Rider's Call. Green Rider was one of my favorite books. Key word there: was. Since reading First Ride's Call, I haven't been able to pick it up once. I loathe First Rider's Call. I can't place why, exactly, but I do. I've tried reading it a second time, just to see why I hate it so much, but I got through maybe two chaptes and ended up tossing it across the room. Literally. And a couple of the parts in First Rider's Call ruined Green Rider for me, which is why I can't read it anymore. I'm still going to read the third book, mind you, just to see if Kristen Britain got any better--and to see if the long wait was worth it--but I don't even know when it's going to get released. The release date keeps getting pushed back. It was July 2006, then July 2007, and now it's November 2007. Who knows what'll be next? It doesn't even have a title.  

NightIntent
Captain

ANARA Airlyn

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:10 pm
u hated it??!! it was really boring in the first 3 or 4 chapters but aftrer that it picks up place. we find out why the emporer wants kari little bit of her past... somthin is happenin to captain mapstone we find out that '
zachery ****'* kari! and somebody is goig to marry some one. oh aand... sorry don't want to ruin it 4 ya. *smack self in head for stupidness and mutters somthing about they will be.*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:26 pm
Yes, I hated it. Dunno why, but I read it and haven't been able to re-read. That's one of two books that I can't re-read. I'll give the third book a try, but if I don't like it, I'm giving up on Kristen Britain's books.  

NightIntent
Captain

draven_heart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:59 pm
I've read both of them, and i have to agree with NightIntent, that the second one wasn't so great. And I'll read the third, just to finish the story.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:01 pm
I've read both of them and I really liked them both. I must be strange or something. I wondered if there was going to be a third one, that makes me happy that there will be.  

bluemouse2

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:50 pm
Actually, from what I've seen on other forums, my opinion is actually the minority. Most people who read First Rider's Call actually did like the book. Well, the ones I've talked to did, at least. I don't know why, but I suppose people can't see my side of it, either.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:54 pm
Finally! Kristen Britain finally settled on a name for the third book: The High King's Tomb. How dramatic. Let's see if the release date for November stays this time.  

NightIntent
Captain

ANARA Airlyn

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:23 am
ha, its a says that it is going to be realised in july, where u gettin ur information on??  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:40 am
i didn't even know she was even going to do a third book! I was hoping she would. I liked the first one, though the second just lost me a little, though I did read it. I would really love to learn the game they're always playing in the books. I can;t remember what it's called off the top pf my head right now, but I would really like to see it played in real life.  

Marsel_lilas

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:22 pm
ANARA Airlyn
ha, its a says that it is going to be realised in july, where u gettin ur information on??

Amazon, which was also where I found out there was a third book, which had July before (first 2006, then 2007), and now it's to November 2007. I should check the website, but Britain doesn't really update it much.

The game would be fun to learn. Triad or something. Or was that just one of the players? It sounded kinda like fun.

Edit: Where're you getting your information from? n.n Here's a direct quote from Kristen Britain's home page:
Quote:
It's a time of frost and leafless trees and impending winter. It's also a time of waiting, waiting, waiting... The third Green Rider book is tentatively scheduled to appear a year from now in November 2007. Tentative means tentative, and the date could move. If it does, I'll post it here. Meanwhile, I've been waiting (there's that word again!) for my editor to fit the manuscript into her reading schedule, so I can eventually work on revisions. I'm not announcing the title until it's official (in other words, when my publisher agrees to it), and I haven't yet had official word on who the cover artist will be. So, a lot is still up in the air.
However, I haven't been sitting around biting my fingernails. Not too much, anyway. I've been working on the fourth Green Rider book.
Until next time, have a wonderful autumn.

And she's started the fourth book now. Joy. I don't know whether to be happy about that or not yet.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:49 am
heh how ya do that? and kristen britain said the date can change, which it di, so beat that, and weter to be happy or not depends on the third book, and i don't think the game was called triad since u can play with only two to  

ANARA Airlyn

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:22 am
i enjoyed both books, though the love triangle thing in the second was a bit annoying. i hope the third book is worth the wait.

a fourth book?! hurray!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:42 am
I've read both books but I feel that First Rider's Call was not as good as Green Rider, but I do want to read the third book.  

Flitterbye

Marsel_lilas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:34 am
ANARA Airlyn
heh how ya do that? and kristen britain said the date can change, which it di, so beat that, and weter to be happy or not depends on the third book, and i don't think the game was called triad since u can play with only two to

Actually it's a 2-3 player game. Two people are against one another and the third can either be neutral, screw up both sides or can pretty much do whatever. I remember that Kari played the third person in one of the various games I believe.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff