Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
So I was in the avatar arena.......

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Radio Chaos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:55 am
Quote:
Yo im 16 ad i relly nd gold.i promise if u pick me i wil use it wisely.gont wast ur vote u no i look cool......Y not help me win some $$$$$$

And I saw that description.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:52 am
What the heck, is that even remotely English? All I got from that disaster called a sentence was "gold if you pick me look cool and I'm.  

Lord Himuro of darkness

Archdemonessa

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:56 pm
Does she not relize that doing that will only make her lose? Ugh, I hate people like that. I just want to strangle them until their little illiterate faces turn blue and they start choking...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:05 pm
My eyes bleed and my brain is screaming. I could actually read that, which only makes it worse.
So...did she win? (Sorry, I couldn't resist.)  

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

MorganOfCalafia

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:54 pm
What does it say? I had to read it twice.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:37 am
Yo im 16 ad i relly nd gold.i promise if u pick me i wil use it wisely.gont wast ur vote u no i look cool......Y not help me win some $$$$$$

That roughly translates to - Yo, I am 16 and I really need gold. I promise if you pick me, I will use it wisely. Gonna (Or Going to) waste your vote, you know I look cool. Why not help me win some gold. (It ($$$$) could also be translated to- 'money')

That is just plain scary. How on earth (or any other place for that matter) did the English language end up so butchered?  

Hirashio

heavens_akki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:36 pm
Wow...if I read that I don't think I would even consider giving him gold. Maybe a little bit of real money so he can get a typing tutor but not any gold. I mean if he can't even type wisely then I doubt he can spend gold wisely.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:24 pm
Hirashio

That roughly translates to - Yo, I am 16 and I really need gold. I promise if you pick me, I will use it wisely. Gonna (Or Going to) waste your vote, you know I look cool. Why not help me win some gold. (It ($$$$) could also be translated to- 'money')

That is just plain scary. How on earth (or any other place for that matter) did the English language end up so butchered?

Actually, I think it's "Don't waste your vote, you know I look cool."
But, who really knows for sure?  

thunderandlightning

Vitamin Tea

Fashionable Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:38 am
*Shivers* That is a horror story! How could anyone talk like that?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:14 am
The title of this thread reads like the beginning of one of "those" jokes.

You know.. "So this rabbi, this priest, and this badger walk into the bar.."  

Setsu-P has stepped out

Niccea Majeare

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:22 pm
I've actually seen a priest in a bar. He was all dressed up in everything...but it was a sushi bar.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:26 pm
1)They waste their money (referred to as "$$$$$$$$$$")

2)They'll never win if they ask for votes like that. I'd give it a 1 and move on.  

MyOwnBestCritic

Dapper Dabbler

SuffocatedHope

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:58 pm
heavens_akki
Wow...if I read that I don't think I would even consider giving him gold. Maybe a little bit of real money so he can get a typing tutor but not any gold. I mean if he can't even type wisely then I doubt he can spend gold wisely.

It doesn't make any sense for someone to not be able to type right. Sure, if you can't type fast, but for something that you've learned most of your life?
No. The money should go to a friend of mine who can take care of him. ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:54 am
Oh, I saw that one! Gave it a 1, yes I did.
3nodding  

Lady Fenrys

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces