Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
You know you're addicted to crafting when....... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you addicted?
  Duh!
  Well maybe.....
  Not me, I can quit whenever I like.
View Results

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:18 am
I thought this would be a fun idea for a thread. Finish the sentence in the subject line with something you've done that makes the non-crafters you know roll their eyes at you.

Example: You know you're addicted to crafting when...... you see fabric you love and just have to have even though you haven't had a working sewing machine for years.

edit: I love some of the answers we're getting! heart  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 8:21 am
.... When you find a killer sale on yarn and buy some even though you know you're going to have to pack it up in a moving box when you get home. - ForestGreen

when you walk in the door after a day at the mall and your mom asks what fabric you bought this time, since the fabric stores right across the street from the mall. sweatdrop and then you just -have- to prove her wrong next time, so you pick up yarn. "I didn't buy any fabric!" *sneaks yarn upstairs* - kochi~mochi

when your history proefessor now comments on how many scarfs you've made in his class. After only 5 weeks of class with him. - Silver Mist

... when you stand there for a half hour untangling a very expensive, very beautiful skein of yarn from a matted ball of fun fur because it's 75% off and it's the only one there. sweatdrop - Peppermint Elf

when your stash overtakes your sleeping area and you start to wonder if skeins might make a nice mattress - YourAzureGoddess

You look at just about any item in a department store and think "I could make that!" - Brunette_Star

You take the bamboo chopsticks home and wash them in order to make knitting needles when you're out for sushi. - Annchen

...the people at the yarn store all know you by name. - Crimson_Rose86

...you have so much yarn/fabric that you can no longer fit clothing in your closet. - Crimson_Rose86

... you watch the crafting shows on DIY Network whenever they come on... and you watch the whle entire marathon of Knitty Gritty. - the_pink_ladies

... when a friend offers you free yarn but you have to sneak it into the house anyway because you know your husband will freak out. - ForestGreen

... when you just mention that you need to check the craft section of your favorite department store and your husband tells you he's going to go take a nap in the car. rofl - ForestGreen

... when your kid is just as addicted as you are. - ForestGreen

... when you rather get paid in yarn rather than money for doing things around the house. - KingToon

... when you start talking about needles like they where cars. - KingToon

when your teacher mentions anything to do with yarn and stops talking to the class about it, and starts talking to you. - Lee Kushrenada

when you find your self asking yourself, "maybe I should bring that extra yarn and needles with me...just in case I finish what I'm bringing with me, and will have nothing to knit." - Lee Kushrenada

you can blatantly knit/sew gifts for your friends and family right in front of them, cuz you do it all the time and they don't bother asking what you're making. - Lee Kushrenada

when you make it a priority to get a job at a craftstore just for the discount and added coupons/ coupon knowlege in advance to the customers. YES folks, i have acheived this one. biggrin 3nodding - peachkitten

...when you've got 6 projects that you just HAVE TO DO, when you've already got 6 more in progress. - DecemberFlower

when you go shopping for craft supplies and you have to show everyone that is helping you your lastest project. - AvenTate

When you show your mother your latest most gorgeous project but have to tell her "DONT TOUCH" because she's allergic to the partly wool yarn you're using sweatdrop - gemini6184

when you encourage your friends to get jobs at craft stores so you can use their discount. rolleyes - Lee Kushrenada

when two of your friends got jobs at craft stores so i could use their discounts. sweatdrop - kochi~mochi

When, despite getting a degree in something sane like chemistry, you decide to go into a job in theatre because "there are more crafts!" - YourAzureGoddess

You realize a pair of khakis you wore to work have a huge hole in the knee and you think "I can hem these and make a neat pair of shorts!" - Brunette_Star

When your kitchen table is unreachable under piles of fabric/sewing machine/notions, to the point that even the CAT doesn't venture up there. (And all crafters with cats know that cats are instinctually drawn to lay on anything that could be craft related) xd stressed - Silvander

When even vague acquaintances ask you if you can sew buttons back on their coats, etc, because they know you'll have the supplies (applies mostly at college) - Blue-eyes-green

When your college professors ask you if you can fix something and then ask how much you would charge. (Two teacher, three different zippers) - Lexi Marie

When one of your professors see you crocheting a baby blanket (even though you don't know anyone havein g ababy any time soon) and asks you who its for, when you reply just doing it for fun they ask if you are willing to sell it because their daughter is going to have a babay in the next couple of weeks. ($50 biggrin ) - Lexi Marie

you're known all around as "The girl who knits" - Maki Minakoaino

You get called the grandmother of the student union xp - gemini6184

You see a scarf, and can tell a-what sort of yarn they used, b- how it was made and c- what knitting/crochet book the pattern was from. - Blue-eyes-green

When you get seperated from your husband in the store and he automatically goes to the craft section to look for you. - ForestGreen

when your husband goes into Michael's with you because he is afraid you'll spend the grocery money if left on your own. (I get to go to Michael's about once a year anymore crying ) – ForestGreen

Your sisters moan every time you go to WalMart, even though you swore you'd only take a couple minutes. - ladyleprechaun13

Your mom's boyfriend offers to pay you to make his mom doilies. - ladyleprechaun13

You carry around two purses: one for your school crap, one for your crafts. - ladyleprechaun13

You take your knitting to class just in case there's a movie, so you won't fidget. - ladyleprechaun13

You freak out if you are banned from crafting (not a good punishment, it's worse than being grounded). - ladyleprechaun13

You no longer need ritalin, knitting works just fine for your ADHD. - ladyleprechaun13

You stay up til 2am because your roommate suggested an awesome craft idea at midnight that you just HAD to get on paper, and you have trouble sleeping that night, and then when you wake up that morning the first thing you do is start said project. - gemini6184

-- you drop out of college because your chosen profession has too many computers and not enough hands on fiddly stuff. - Tes

-- you work at a craft store and get comments to the effect that even they are suprised at the quantity of crafts projects you have (and ultimately supplies that you are buying) - Tes

-- your partner says "wow that looks professional... no really... I mean of course it should I never had any doubt... don't bite me crying " - Tes

-- your crafts have taken over several rooms and a couple levels of the house – Tes

When you know the difference between good seams and bad seams on a sweater, AND buy Goodwill sweaters just for the yarn....and then spend the next five weeks unravelling all your finds to make an really awesome blanket/sweater/whatever you fancy. - Kanae Shin

When you buy a $5.00 chenille scarf at a dollar store, unravel it, and then re-use the yarn for a headband, hat, or scarf in a different pattern from the original scarf. (SO tempted to do this...i need another dollar and some odd change though! crying ) - Kanae Shin

-you have to do a craft project for a grade in costume construction and your teacher has already said that anything you start before the rest of the class gets the project does not count. - Lexi Marie

-you spend more money at Michael's than you do on food during any given week. And then you begin wondering if there is any way to convert money on your food card to Michael's money. - Lexi Marie

-a bad day consists of finishing whatever scarf you were working on and then realizing that there is no more yarn in your dorm. And after that you proceed next door to se if your roommate will take you to Michael's even if it is only 9 in the morning and you have class at 10:30. xd ...And then she takes you and you make it to class with seconds to spare. - Lexi Marie

When you have the layout, address, phone numbers and names of employees at every craft store within 50 miles of your house memorized(almost there, just got a few new employees and the some addresses to go!) - storyfromthestars

When you spend more storage space on yarn then clothes. - storyfromthestars

When your friends look at you funny when you DON'T have a project with you. - storyfromthestars

When you're whole bed is covered in projects so that you have to sleep on the floor or the couch(I've done this a bunch of times). - storyfromthestars

When you're family asks you what you want for christmas/birthday/holiday and you immediately start listing yarns/fabrics/notions. - storyfromthestars

When you get hit on by 40 year olds because you look older when you're knitting(I'm 18, this happened last week sweatdrop ) - storyfromthestars

When you're list of projects to finish becomes more important than passing your college courses - storyfromthestars

..When your grandmother calls you to tell you that she's at an auction, and you spend an hour and a half telling her all the different colors and weights of yarn you want. And she brings them to you. - MicroMiniMuffins

......When your bed is completely covered in sewing projects so you sleep on the floor - Jrocker Ali

......When all hard surfaces and your floor in your room are covered in craft items, so you expand your horizons and use the other rooms of the house to leave your stuff and use the hard surfaces in the other rooms to cut patterns. - Jrocker Ali

......When you're trying to sleep and you suddenly think of a great idea of something to make, and you spend your valuable sleep time thinking of the design, the pattern, ect - Jrocker Ali

......When all your friends get handsewn gifts - Jrocker Ali

......When you have to do Market Day in world history and so you sew a bunch of plushies and sell them at the market day (I won most creative and my plushies sold fast, lol) - Jrocker Ali

.......When you had an aweful day and your father asks if theres anything that will make you happy so you choose a trip to Michael's (This time it was for a new sketch book, then we hit up Quiznos) - Jrocker Ali

......When your family members start offering you matterial and stuffing and other various crafting items because they know you'll have some sort of use for them - Jrocker Ali

......When you see things and stores and it makes you want to try to make them yourself - Jrocker Ali

......When you're watching anime and you see a cute plush toy so you make your own (I'm currently trying to make Evangeline's cute bunny plush toy, but I didn't have pink material, so I used green fleece, and it's really soft) - Jrocker Ali

.......When you start trying to raid your mother's closet for her clothes because the material is juuuusssstttt right for your next project - Jrocker Ali

......When you find that you don't have a certain color fabric, so you go to your mother and beg for clothes and socks and anything with the right color - Jrocker Ali

......When you need black fabric to make the eyes for your Domokun block and you don't have any, and your mother doesn't have any, so you start cutting up headbands and whatever else you can find - Jrocker Ali

......When you don't pay attention durring classes because you're too busy drawing patterns - Jrocker Ali

you figure out a way to crochet in the bath without getting the yarn wet at all... - Minathia

All your clothes are crafted, and you find a way to cut the ones that aren't into strips of fabric, tie them together, and use it as yarn to make more clothes. - pheonixearth

You keep several projects in your bottom desk drawer so if you get to frustrated with your homework you can knit out your frustrations instead of screaming. - Blue-eyes-green

You will tell your friends in detail everything that's wrong about the "crafting" on World of Warcraft. - Blue-eyes-green

... you have a standing agreement with your professors/teachers that you can craft in class so long as you also participate in discussion - Blue-eyes-green

... you explain to your profs on the first day that it's not a sign of disrespect, you just think better with your hands moving. - Blue-eyes-green

... you figure out how something is made "just for fun". - Blue-eyes-green

...you and your roomie are the only two people to show up for the dorm program entitled "Paint your own picture frame" - gemini6184  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:55 am
when you walk in the door after a day at the mall and your mom asks what fabric you bought this time, since the fabric stores right across the street from the mall. sweatdrop and then you just -have- to prove her wrong next time, so you pick up yarn. "I didn't buy any fabric!" *sneaks yarn upstairs*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:32 am
when your history proefessor now comments on how many scarfs you've made in his class. After only 5 weeks of class with him.  

Silver Mist

Peppermint Elf

Moonlight Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:42 am
... when you stand there for a half hour untangling a very expensive, very beautiful skein of yarn from a matted ball of fun fur because it's 75% off and it's the only one there. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:09 pm
when your stash overtakes your sleepig area.

and you start to wonder if skeins might make a nice mattress  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Brunette_Star

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:36 pm
You look at just about any item in a department store and think "I could make that!"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:37 pm
You take the bamboo chopsticks home and wash them in order to make knitting needles when you're out for sushi.  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Crimson_Rose86

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:47 pm
...the people at the yarn store all know you by name.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:48 pm
...you have so much yarn/fabric that you can no longer fit clothing in your closet.  

Crimson_Rose86

the_pink_ladies

Shy Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:25 pm
... you watch the crafting shows on DIY Network whenever they come on... and you watch the whle entire marathon of Knitty Gritty.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:51 pm
... when a friend offers you free yarn but you have to sneak it into the house anyway because you know your husband will freak out.

... when you just mention that you need to check the craft section of your favorite department store and your husband tells you he's going to go take a nap in the car. rofl

... when your kid is just as addicted as you are.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

KingToon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:39 pm
... when you rather get paid in yarn rather than money for doing things around the house.

... when you start talking about needles like they where cars.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:45 pm
when your teacher menshions anything to do with yarn and stops talking to the class about it, and starts talking to you.

when you find your self asking yourself, "maybe I should bring that extra yarn and needles with me...just in case I finish what I'm bringing with me, and will have nother to knit."

you can blatantly knit/sow gifts for your friends and family right in front of them, cuss you do it all the time and they don't bother asking what your making.  

Lee Kushrenada

peachkitten

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:28 pm
when you make it a priority to get a job at a craftstore just for the discount and added coupons/ coupon knowlege in advance to the customers. YES folks, i have acheived this one. biggrin 3nodding  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff