Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Christian Goth Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gothkid82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:50 pm
If a similar topic has already been posted, I do give you all my most sincere apologies.

I am curious as to how many Christian Goths, like myself, there may be here. So far I have been fortunate to meet a few over the course of my life, and, if there any here, perhaps we could become acquainted.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:55 pm
There are similar such threads, but none recently. I'd suspect this thread will stay up.

As for religion, I myself am something of a deist Christian.

Not that finding Christian goths is all that hard; Christians make up a solid third of the goth culture, perhaps even as much as a half.  

GilAskan
Crew

x Socks x

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:59 pm
I'm one. Catholic, if you'd like to be specific. Where I'm from, there honestly aren't that many Christian goths, or Christian teenagers in general. The vast majority are kids who are forced to go to Church and really don't want to be there. Kind of sad, actually.

As far as specifically goths go, most of the ones at my school are like, "SSSAAATTTAAANNN!!! I'M THE ANTICHRIST!" They wear upside down crosses, and crank the volume on their headphones up on a Slipknot or ICP song and call it Goth, along with that being the religion that they follow.

It's actually really obnoxious.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:08 pm
GilAskan

As for religion, I myself am something of a deist Christian.

Same.

Though, I have a strong belief in Eastern styles of meditation, just because it's the most comfortable for me.

I don't even have a mantra...

-Isel-

gothkid82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:10 pm
[ Brain Damage ]
As far as specifically goths go, most of the ones at my school are like, "SSSAAATTTAAANNN!!! I'M THE ANTICHRIST!" They wear upside down crosses, and crank the volume on their headphones up on a Slipknot or ICP song and call it Goth, along with that being the religion that they follow.

This has been my experience for as long as I can remember. I realize that many goths are in fact Christian, but with so many "posers" (and I use the term... somewhat loosely) around it's difficult to tell.

Glad to see a Catholic goth! I have a Catholic friend who doesn't understand how I can be goth and Christian, but I am the first gothic Christian she's ever met... so... she's beginning to understand much better.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:36 pm

I'm somewhat twisted.

My entire family is Christian and I attend morning mass with them each Sunday.
As much as I respect that they are Christians and that they would like me to follow them in their footsteps,
I don't believe in the religion, whatsoever. Though my spirit highly regard Jesus Christ and God, sometimes I would love to burn the damn cross or shred every single Bible.

I don't know. I do respect the religion and you might call those brutal wishes to be impolite and ungracious, and yet...

=/  

Crematoria

gothkid82

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:40 pm
Crematoria

I'm somewhat twisted.

As much as I respect that they are Christians and that they would like me to follow them in their footsteps,
I don't believe in the religion, whatsoever. Though my spirit highly regard Jesus Christ and God, sometimes I would love to burn the damn cross or shred every single Bible.

I don't know. I do respect the religion and you might call those brutal wishes to be impolite and ungracious, and yet...

=/

This is the problem with dogma. Religion is horrible, I agree. That is exactly why I am not "religious".

I am a Christian, yes, but I do not follow any particular dogma. I have a personal relationship with God... and the only religious practice I choose to follow is attending church on Sunday morning. The choice was made simply so that if I ever falter in my faith, I have others to encourage me.

For some organized religion works; it inspires them to great lengths... for others... not so much.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:49 pm
gothkid82
[ Brain Damage ]

This has been my experience for as long as I can remember. I realize that many goths are in fact Christian, but with so many "posers" (and I use the term... somewhat loosely) around it's difficult to tell.

Glad to see a Catholic goth! I have a Catholic friend who doesn't understand how I can be goth and Christian, but I'm first gothic Christian she's ever met... so... she's beginning to understand much better.

Well if it helps any, you can also count me as a Roman Catholic goth.
*Snicker* I remember telling a friend of mine that I was a practicing Catholic... they said:
" neutral I imagine you walking into a church and melting."  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Nimewe

Garbage Vampire

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:01 pm
I don't know what religion i'm in but my moms christian and I don't get forced to go to church and i don't go to church  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:11 pm
Woot for teh Christian Goths! I am a Christian Goth. And I love it.  

Corpse_Bride_131

Crematoria

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 pm
gothkid82
Crematoria

I'm somewhat twisted.

=/

This is the problem with dogma. Religion is horrible, I agree. That is exactly why I am not "religious".

I am a Christian, yes, but I do not follow any particular dogma. I have a personal relationship with God... and the only religious practice I choose to follow is attending church on Sunday morning. The choice was made simply so that if I ever falter in my faith, I have others to encourage me.

For some organized religion works; it inspires them to great lengths... for others... not so much.

I remember when I was a little preschooler, being tucked away into bed by my Grandfather. He would always pray with me then read aloud an excerpt from the Bible.
Oh, how I treasured those moments...
fter my Grandfather left the room, I would clutch the pendant of Mary in my tiny hands and fall asleep very comfortably with the pendant.
Whenever I had felt insecure, alone, or frightened, I would hold onto the pendant of Mary and instantly feel warmed and protected.

I lost my faith long, long ago though.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:44 pm
Crematoria

I lost my faith long, long ago though.
That's sad. cry
I am a [devout] Christian goth, and damn proud of it.  

Love.Your.Hate.

MortSanglant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:59 pm
I'll let the other in the guild answer for me.

They should surely be able to by now.

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:24 pm
*raises hand*  

nerdlover08

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:34 pm
Here's a link to a thread that is similar:
Is it alright for goths to go to church?

I'd prefer this topic stay in there because a lot of people will just say "I am" and leave this thread.
That wouln't make for much of a discussion.
But I will leave this thread here for now.
If it produces more thoughtful comments compared to the number of posts that do not add to the topic it willl be left open.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff