Reply ~ Main Forum ~
im goth,im not dark tho,any of you share this aspect with me

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:46 pm
I love the subculture,all the different types of goth,(but the kai visiul look scares the living s**t out of me lol)the music,the clothing style,how people understand you,everything about goth...but:many goths here are attracted to the dark aspect,so am i,but just in drawings and i am intrested in vampires and dark things and such...but i am not dark,i am never dark,does anyone share that with me(im sure there are many,just not sure)  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:59 pm
i would consider myself moody, not dark. i'm not a big fan of the whole visual kei aspect of japanese goth myself, but in reality it has pretty much nothing to do with the goth subculture, save for an emphasis on androgenous appearance. the goth subculture as it is represented in the media at the moment i quite dislike, and i'm not a big fan of alot of bands out these days being called 'goth'.
anyhow, by moody, i mean moody. sometimes i'm happy, sometimes i'm pissed off. i can change at a few words, and i do have an odd tendency to say things to people in person that procoke thought, and dress and speak in ways that challenge conventional speaking(i am after all a pagan and live by some pagan philosophy). i actually laugh at the people who call themselves goths but take themselves and the subculture far too seriously.
if you look at the oldschool goth bands, they didnt usually take themselves that seriously. they had fun with life while at the same time pointing out the stupidity and futility of mankind's paths and societies. if you see them live, they have fun on stage. they smile, they jump around, they play to the crowd. no real goth is too busy with all this "woe is me, the world is full of darkness, yadda yadda yadda" bullshit to actually have fun.  

DR490N

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:33 pm
Well I can get depressed fairly easily, but I wouldn't necessarily consider myself "dark"  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:13 pm
well i do have both a light and dark side but ever since ive eben single and busy with my life i havent had anytime
*goes to consume a buget friendly plan so she can fit in the new boots and bondage pants*  

Toxic.GummyBear

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:29 pm
I'd say I am dark about half the time... if by dark you mean hating life and everything in okay. Okay maybe just a third of the time. But I do work hard to be *gulp* cheerful or whatever. Its not my thing, but I dont really think that has anything to do with me being goth, its just that I am not a naturally perky/chipper person.

I mean who really wants to be with someone who is constantly not happy or at least content?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:34 pm
Dead Ed
Well I can get depressed fairly easily, but I wouldn't necessarily consider myself "dark"
being dark doesn't mean being depressed, or satanist, or wiccan, or whatever, you're just into gloomy things
i'm not really goth(by apperance) but i do like dark things  

The Dadalorian

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:06 pm
First off, please work on your punctuation.
We don't expect you to type perfectly. I barely have room to correct anyone, but please do attempt to type properly.

I do believe between all of the threads we have about labels, sterotypes, and goth in general you'll be able to find your answer, if you look.
Half the fun is in the chase  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff