Reply ~ Main Forum ~
gothy decorating V.2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:26 pm
everyone,i know this was a topic a while ago,i just thought i should bring it up bcuz i want to hear some more tips and give some

hi,im not really re decorating,infact i dont think im planning on it till haloween again(the best time to shop for redecorating)and im just gonna get necnaks and stuff.im just curious about how you decorate your room.heres my tips.

walls and ceilingi did my walls and ceiling(ok i helped my mum and step dad,but i planned it)in black and white checkered.i have two walls across from each other black,and two white.my ceiling is checkered black and white.i also think splatters and graffiti look nice for a punk-goth look,but a dark,dark,red looks quite nice for victorian styles.

floorwell i think any carpet is nice,and same for hardwood floors(which is what my bedroom has)i suggest for hardwood you put down a large carpet-rug thing becouse it is comfy,and who wants to have cold floors(im a barefoot person when im inside)i am getting a black one,but a dark green would be nice,aswell as dark,midnight blue.im warning you,do not get a light red carpet,that will be cornier than corn itself.

bedi think any beds are nice in a gothic room,drapes around the bed would look nice but i find it wore obviously a girl thing.i pesonally love cherrywood and that would be nice.i have a bunkbed.no i dont share a bedroom,itjust can be usful if u ever plan having a friend sleepover or need some storage lol.my bed is metal and red.pick whatever bed and itll be good.

other furnitureSTOP:before i say anything here im warning you,do not out in those mini-sofas or chairs,unless you have a big bedroom.as for droors and stuff like that,it doesnt quite matter.id say a gothic architecture looking thing would be nice(im not saying gothic architecture,that would cost moula,and lots of it,just something looking semi-similar)but any type goes usually.i have white droors with red and black handles,that fit perfectly into an indent part that is in my room.so whatev....i think im getting less creative as i type.

nicknacs&extras
ahh yes,my favorite part of decorating.with the extras i have to say charity,low price stores and yard sales work best.the best time to get stuff is at haloween,skull candles are my personal favoite around this time.also,those glow in the dark fairies that you hang on your christmas trees look cool at night,as well as just regular christmas lights.

p.s.no i am not gay,i just like decorating.lol  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:23 pm
Right now my bedroom is really the only gothic room - i live in an apartment and dont plan to stay here much longer so i dont want to go all out. BUT in my room I have

Bed- A black and burgandy comforter. Black with black "velvet flower scroll along the edges and inside checkerboard burgandy squares with large roses made of ribbon in half the squares and the other half burgandy with the black flower scroll pattern.

nicksnacks- I have two wall sconces that look like a bunch of twigs with burgandy candles on either side of the bed, and a Lois Royo print between them. I have ivy creeping up the two corners on the celing and down the walls. And then random skulls and stuff around the room.

Walls- white cant paint them here - I would go with a champagne color, maybe the glitter paint so I could mix with diffrent colors but have a warm look to the room

Floor- carpet it came with sad I would love to have a dark shag carpet. OR the hardwood floors with lux rugs would be fun  

DarkPrincesa

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:00 pm
Gothly Decorating

There is no need for a second thread.
Please use the thread I linked to instead.  
~ Main Forum ~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games