Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
Death Note Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:18 pm
So has anybody read death note I've heard it's good but at the liebarry they didn't have it. I got a weird look when I asked if they had it! But I do want to read it!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:45 pm
No, but it sounds interesting. Care to give a synopsis?  

CristoVII

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 4:32 am
well it's a book about abook that if you can see someones face and knowo their name you can comtrol when they die but not how! and I really don't know much but I heard it's really gooD!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Jake616

High5MyRemix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:55 pm
Ha! Love the little comic! Death not is a really good manga! If you like buying manga, I'd say its worth it. Interesting plot and characters. Or, you could just watch it on youtube. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:19 pm
when I saw this I was rolling on the ground laughing! I am sorry if that seems offencive, but the reson the people at the library looked at you funny is because:

"Death note" is a Manga....

I love that manga! It's really good, but the 8th book was so sad! I was crying for ages! I especially love the character's amazing powers of reson, I always have to go back and read bits twice at least, otherwise I get lost.

I would recommend it if you are into reading manga; but beware of the conversations between "L" and Light, they get slightly confusing so be prepared to think along a complex line of thought for long periods of time. Don't be afraid to take your time reading it.  

red_moon_wolfess

red_moon_wolfess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:04 pm
MuffinChick54
well it's a book about abook that if you can see someones face and knowo their name you can comtrol when they die but not how! and I really don't know much but I heard it's really gooD!
Not exactly how I would put it....

It's about a boy, Light, who finds a book called the "death notebook". This death notebook is something Shinigami, Gods of death, use to kill people and lengthen their own lifespans. A Shinigami named Ryuk, "Dropped" the notebook in the human relm because he was board.

The notebook has a specific set of rules that comes with it. You write a person's name down and think of their face and they die withen 40 seconds unless you place a time frame for them to die in. Ex.
Light Yagami, car accident 40 days after his graduation.
He would die that way on the exact date. If no specification is given withen 40 seconds the person dies of a heart attack. (( there are a ton of other rules but I don't want to make this post too long PM me about it if you really care that much. I am probably the only person asside from the creator who knows them all by heart.))

Light decides to use the book to rid the world of all evil and starts killing off criminals useing heart attacks. Eventualy the world falls into mass panic, people are trying to catch this mass murderer, now dubbed "Kira", others support him and other things happen to screw with Light becoming the god of the new world he is trying to create. And the real question about this series is:
Will Light succed and create a god on earth of himself, or will the detectives catch him and he be sentanced to death for murder of thousands?

If you chose to read this book, prepare to have all you ever thaught good or evil put to the ultamate test. No pasture or high preist could match this book's test of fath. This book can tell a great deal about you, just by who's side you chose. You have been warned.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:09 am
YAAAAAY! Deathnote is so coool! I am in the Deathnote guild! For those of you who actually READ it, Highlight this for a spoiler that is going to make you sad. Raito is dead!!!  

SunnyAntarctica

SunnyAntarctica

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:15 am
MuffinChick54

Shall I take this opportunity to explain that you actually CAN control their death. For example, if you say John Doe dies at 3:46 in a drive by shooting, John Doe will die at 3:46 in a drive by shooting. Also, you can't say that a bomb kills everyone in a building including John Doe, because it would involve killing more than 1 person. Wheeee!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:22 am
Oh, also you should go to www.deathgod.org which is a D.N. site.  

SunnyAntarctica

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:33 pm
well it still looks really iteresting!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:07 pm
MuffinChick54
well it still looks really iteresting!
I never said anything about it not looking interesting.  

red_moon_wolfess

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:23 am
Death Note is such a cool manga it isn't even funny...although, sometimes it is. I have up to book eight or nine in my posession and am obsessing over when I can get the next one. Book seven was so sad! Highlight for spoiler for people who haven't already read it: Book seven is when Rem kills L and Watari.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:14 pm
greenrider_calidar
Death Note is such a cool manga it isn't even funny...although, sometimes it is. I have up to book eight or nine in my posession and am obsessing over when I can get the next one. Book seven was so sad! Highlight for spoiler for people who haven't already read it: Book seven is when Rem kills L and Watari.
you have no idia how sad that book made me (( number seven)), my next poetry project was baced off of that because it was the only thing I could think of at the time.

I was especaily sad because: Not only did L and Watari die because Light was a jack @$$ but Rem died as well. Unjustly so as a matter of fact! I was so sad!

Spoiler warning  

red_moon_wolfess

Zieza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:18 pm
So does this only come in manga or can you get it normal reading too?  
Literature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff