Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Friends don't let friends use "TXT TLK"

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Z Devotchka

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:35 pm
I have this schoolmate named Andrew. I love him to death, really I do, but the boy is a senior and can't spell. More often then not, he asks me to spell-check and proof-read his work, and I, being the good friend and mentor that I am, agree.
It's QUITE apparent that he's spent too much time on the chatboards, but I am quick to forgive. But today, I think he's grinded my gears so hard that they burst.
We were assigned to certain teams to debate about taxation without representation. So, Andy comes up to me with his closing asking me to proof-read it. And now, for your viewing discomfort...

Quote:
The Stomp Act
by Andrew Sestito

Tixiton w/o reersentation is tyrany. an exmaple of such is the Stomp Act. This act reqiuerd all paper doquements to includ a stamp on them.
The Stamp Act was passed by th Brish Parlimint on Mar22, 1765. The new tax was imposd on all american colenists and requeired them to pay a tax on evry piec of printed papere they used. Ships papers, legal documents, licnses, new papers, other pubelications, and even playing cards were taxed. The money collected by the Stomp Act was to be used to help pay the costs of definding and protecting the American frontir near the Apilachian Mountains 10,000 troops were to be stationed on the American frontier for this purpose. its a good think they dint tax toilet paper lol.

Good. Gravy.
If he lends me the copy, I'll scan it to prove that I'm not making this up. The boy really is that pathetic.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:16 pm
The saddest part of all is that he didn't do it to be obnoxious or stupid.
I pity him.  

iCrayon

rae-chan-sensei

Lonely Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:50 pm
I had a friend like that in high school, and I too had to spell- and grammar-check all of her papers. I started to cry one day when "Russia" was found to be spelled "rusha."

A country...and she can't even capitalize the word. I literally burst into tears. The entire room full of people thought that I was nuts. rolleyes  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games