Size Zero?
  Yay
  nay
  what are you, crazy?! ew!
  mm, yummy, gimmie
View Results

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:11 pm
So, watching a program about a woman trying to become a size zero (UK size 4), I became rather disgusted that women try to aspire to this.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/6305657.stm

Most, if not all, size 00 girls are dangerously underweight, to achive this size you basically have to eat nothing, 500 calories is what the estimated intake of a size 00 girl eats. 500. The female body needs at least 1,000 (and that's still a dangerously low amount) to carry on functioning. 2,500 average to maintain weight. Yes, there are natutrally thin women, but of the main 'thinspiration' girls: Lindsay Lohan, Paris Hilton, Victoria Beckham, Nicole Richie, each of these girls look like a walking skelleton. And they're held in regard as having a 'desirible' body. They are elevated to a status of reverence for being anorexic, or having an anorexic-like appearence, making impressionable young women think they they are ugly for not having the same waif-like appearence no matter how beautiful they actually are.

I've almost headed down the road of anorexia myself, I know the pressure put onto women and girls to achieve the body beautiful. But why must a woman loose her curves to become beautiful in this society. In parts of Africa, it is desired to be larger, it shows success and wealth. In Hollywood, a UK 10/US 6 is "large" (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!). The ability to stay at a dangerously underweight size shows that you're successful because you can afford the treatment to keep alive.

A friend of mine is anorexic now beacuse her ex-boyfriend made her belive that he would love her more if she because the size of Paris Hilton. What chance to girls now-a-days have of developing a healthy attitude towards rheir body if this is the kind of thing they are being made to think?

I'm a girl that likes her food, and the thought of starving yourself just to become the size of a child quite repulses me. What on earth is the facination with this?

Guys, are you actually attracted to super-skinny women? In my experience, most guys like something they can actually hold, but one did admit that the thought of Paris Hilton turned him on (seriously?!).

Girls, do you feel pressued into achiving this size? Would you actually desire to be that thin?

Anyone else see a strange paradox where large breasts are desired but also a 22 inch waist. How on earth could you support more than a C cup with that waist?! eek

http://www.b-eat.co.uk/Home
http://www.mirror-mirror.org/eatdis.htm

**please note: I know that some women are naturally skinny and have a hard time keeping weight on - I'm not slim but I do have issues with maintaining weight myself - this thread is about the women that obsess over their weight to reach a size zero deliberately**  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:13 pm
I think it's horrific.
People need to learn to be comfortable with their body sizes.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

JustAnotherNancyBoy-x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:18 pm
Nay! I am UK size 8 and happy ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:27 pm
eating disorders go way beyond just dress-size. it's usually just a side-product of bigger issues.
telling someone with anorexia to 'learn to be comfortable with their body size' is like telling a manic schizophrenic to calm down.

i want to be as thin as possible. and it's not about looks, i'm quite aware that i won't be looking any better, it's just about self-image.  

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

cold.wire.lips

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:34 pm
and she just won't listen when i tell her she's the most beautiful woman on earth.

Angelina's a close second.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:40 pm
for the umpteenth time; you have not seen what i look like. >:3
you know it's not about looks.  

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:53 pm
mm, it worries me so much that so many girls are developing serious eating disorders to achive this look, when, in my opinion, most of the women that are that size look so ill it really makes me want to cry.

Some of these girls die from multiple organ failure, and most never fully recover, just because of the media's obssesion with this 'ideal'

I have to admit, if I had to turn lesbian, I'd head for Angelina Jolie, she's hot. Kate Winslet too.

Lindsay Lohan before her size-zerodom was gorgeous, now I hate to say it but she looks like a skeleton....  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:24 pm
in every age women torture, cripple and kill themselves to be more desirable. the chinese crippled their women by foot-binds for centuries, the dragon-women who die when the rings on their necks are removed, the unable-to-breathe, corseted women of 150 years ago, etc. etc... it's not a new thing.
i believe it's about the nature of mankind, not just the influence of media.

monica bellucci, that's who i'd do. currrves *drools* :3  

lysseee

6,100 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100

Angel Bruja

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:24 pm
I've never met anyone who can fit in that size. Sometimes I feel overweight even though I'm kind of average, but I'd never go for such a skeletal size. A size 9-10 would do me just fine. It's disturbing to thik anyone would go for that or what they might do to reach it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:37 pm
lysseee
in every age women torture, cripple and kill themselves to be more desirable. the chinese crippled their women by foot-binds for centuries, the dragon-women who die when the rings on their necks are removed, the unable-to-breathe, corseted women of 150 years ago, etc. etc... it's not a new thing.
i believe it's about the nature of mankind, not just the influence of media.

monica bellucci, that's who i'd do. currrves *drools* :3

Corsetting didn't phase out until the last hundred years or so...frighteningly a child suffocated from a corset that had been laced up too tightly eek  

Isobel Bellamy

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:18 pm
"There is a direct correlation between art and physical image. No one wants to see a stick figure. They aren't real."

~quote Me, 2005  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:21 pm
Well.

I've got... going by female measurements since I wear my pants on my hips and not my true waist, a 29-inch hip measurement.

I've got a 26-inch true waist.

I have been defeating anorexia lately, but otherwise it's been a struggle to recover since late 2004.

However, I weigh 146 lbs. and am 5'7".

-Isel-

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:29 pm
Isel
Well.

I've got... going by female measurements since I wear my pants on my hips and not my true waist, a 29-inch hip measurement.

I've got a 26-inch true waist.

I have been defeating anorexia lately, but otherwise it's been a struggle to recover since late 2004.

However, I weigh 146 lbs. and am 5'7".

Ah, something else misunderstood by the media; guys get anorexia too. Apparently the male of the species is immune from that kind of disorder because you're all self confident.

All the best of luck hun  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:33 pm
Angel Bruja
I've never met anyone who can fit in that size. Sometimes I feel overweight even though I'm kind of average, but I'd never go for such a skeletal size. A size 9-10 would do me just fine. It's disturbing to thik anyone would go for that or what they might do to reach it.

I have, most look ill.

There used to be an anorexic girl that jogged around my village. All she is known as is the 'anorexic girl' and she's instantly known, to much "I can't see why she won't just eat, she looks horrible". While true, it depresses me that such disorders are derided, not tried to be understood. On the subject of the girl: we haven't seen her recently.  

Isobel Bellamy

The Dadalorian

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 3:37 pm
size zeros are creepy...even though my GF says i could probably fit into a 00....what size is that in mens?
but girls should be comfortable with how they are, as logn as they like don't let themselves get fat, i don't mean to sound shallow, but i know some people who have done that and they're like what the hell? i'm fat?  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff