Submit

Is it possible or am I crazy?
  It's possible
  You're F-ing insaine
  ...I don't know
View Results

Twack

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:34 pm
Dose anyone know if it works? I have a friend who's really intrested in it. I've heard it helps someone quit doing somethign like smokeing, but can it convince us that we are able to do something we normaly can't do and thus be able to do it?
The basis of this is a friend of mine is trying to learn to breakdance is there anyway to hypnotise him to think he can and thus he really can?

I know i sound fundie but i'd thought i'd ask
~Twack  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:53 pm
i believe in hyponotism, but not as a source of magick, more of a state of meditating. It takes a lot of will power to get someone to stop something that is bad for them, but helping him clear his mind of it might help. It really is in the persons power mainly to stop himself. But hypnosis can be an aid to help. ya never know.  

Redwing~Shadow

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:03 pm
Well, it can hardly make you do something you wouldn't normally do. It can implant suggestions though that would help overcome phobias or addiction. It can also implant interesting triggers. For example, I went to a hypnotist show back in high school. The hypnotist implanted a trigger that when he said "Goodbye everyone, thank you for coming" at the end of the show, when everyone was awake and in their seats, they would kiss the person next to them. Seeing as the guy next to me had been hypnotised, I made sure he was facing the other person. I sweat, it was less a kiss then a lunge...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:40 pm
I myself have been hypnotized before, so I definitely believe it works. The high school I went to has this tradition of hiring an entertainment hypnotist for after-prom every year. I was one out of twenty who were hypnotized and did stuff like full-body-sign-language to everything the speaker said (and consider that no one actually knew sign language, so we were pretty much just making weird gestures). He had us believe that his back-side was clothed and his front-side was naked (and did jumping jacks facing us) and vice-versa. We did a whole bunch of other stuff too, and I only know what happened because a teacher filmed it and we watched it in class.
For the most part I don't remember anything, but of what I do remember looked cartoonish. And as for what he did to hypnotize us in the first place, I only remember that he played soft music. I pretty much was out like a light.  

Seira Relur

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:16 am
Yes, hypnosis works. Done it, had it done to me, did it to myself. It's how I got myself to stop biting my nails, and I ended up doing a past life regression in a trance....in the middle of a Sunday School class. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:13 pm
Ok so now that im not thinking that i'm crazy. Would it be possible to hypnotise some one to not bring mind to pain? Personaly i don't think this would work but i think i'd ask. And if it were to work then wouldn't he also not feal anything including pleasure?  

Twack

Seira Relur

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:36 pm
And Many More
Ok so now that im not thinking that i'm crazy. Would it be possible to hypnotise some one to not bring mind to pain? Personaly i don't think this would work but i think i'd ask. And if it were to work then wouldn't he also not feal anything including pleasure?

I don't see why not. It has been shown on one of those TV shows, A Baby Story (or whatever it's called). A woman hypnotized herself while she was in labor that way she wouldn't have to deal with the pain or rely on the use of drugs.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:53 am
I personally have diddly squat in terms of experience with hypnosis. A hypnotist regularly came to my old college, but I never went to see it. I hear that some people really just can't be hypnotized (or so some claimed who DID go to see the preformance).  

Starlock
Crew

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:19 am
Starlock
I personally have diddly squat in terms of experience with hypnosis. A hypnotist regularly came to my old college, but I never went to see it. I hear that some people really just can't be hypnotized (or so some claimed who DID go to see the preformance).

That's a common claim; some people are simply more open to suggestion than others. It's usually pretty safe to say that if you think you can be hypnotised, than you can, and if you really strongly believe that you can't, then you won't be. If you're open minded to it, odds are 50-50.

I've never been hypnotised, but I've heard of other people having experienced it. I'm a bit skeptical, especially in the group performace settings; I think most people are going to claim that they were simply to fit in better with the group, even if they were not.

Yes, you can use hypnosis to bar pain; it's an altered state of consciousness. Not sure how you'd go about doing it, but you can also meditate to help block pain. Where there's a will, there's a way.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:52 am
Well, I myself believe in hypnotism. I don't know that I would be able to help much with the breakdancing part of it, but I might be able to give you an excercise that will help to hypnotise him. Since hypnotism is really just a very deep trance, all you need to do is learn how to put yourself (or others) into a trance. Be warned that progress is not seen immediately. Most people don't manage to go into trance state until after a few trys, and even then they may not realize it. So you have to be patient with it. It may take a while.

First, lay down on the floor. Now, completely relax yourself. Start at the top and relax each muscle as you go, until you've gone all the way down to your feet. Now, visualize yourself in an elevator, bubble, or whatever you feel to be comfortable and see it going down, making a ding as you go by each floor. The farther you go down, the deeper into trance you will go. On your first few trys, only go down about three floors. As you improve, try going farther and farther down until you have reached the tenth floor. You will then be in a complete trance state.

[Poetic Death]

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 5:11 pm
And Many More
Dose anyone know if it works? I have a friend who's really intrested in it. I've heard it helps someone quit doing somethign like smokeing, but can it convince us that we are able to do something we normaly can't do and thus be able to do it?
The basis of this is a friend of mine is trying to learn to breakdance is there anyway to hypnotise him to think he can and thus he really can?

I know i sound fundie but i'd thought i'd ask
~Twack
it's doable, but something of that level is not easy. i myself am only able to do the very basics of hypnotism, the control of words. i can make peopel think or feel in certain ways, but i can't completely trap their minds in something like that. but all it takes is practice and knowledge.  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 2:03 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Well, it can hardly make you do something you wouldn't normally do. It can implant suggestions though that would help overcome phobias or addiction. It can also implant interesting triggers. For example, I went to a hypnotist show back in high school. The hypnotist implanted a trigger that when he said "Goodbye everyone, thank you for coming" at the end of the show, when everyone was awake and in their seats, they would kiss the person next to them. Seeing as the guy next to me had been hypnotised, I made sure he was facing the other person. I sweat, it was less a kiss then a lunge...

Right now I'm getting an image where I'm on the stage seeing the whole audience lunge for the person next to them. It must have been funny. My school hires a hypnotist yearly for a show. He makes football players dance like ballerinas. He made this guy dance like crazy whenever he heard the six flags song (you know the one where there's a crazy old man dancing to it?). This girl couldn't say the word Mississippi for the life of her. When the show was over, he'd programmed one guy to go buy a nestea in the vending machine and spit it out because it was bitter. It worked, and said guy did exactly as told, without realizing it was hypnotism. I once hypnotised myself into a past life regression, but I'm not sure if it was real or if it was just my imagination. There were some pretty freaky coincidences, though.  

Kuroyue

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 2:00 pm
Kuroyue
Nihilistic Seraph

Right now I'm getting an image where I'm on the stage seeing the whole audience lunge for the person next to them. It must have been funny. My school hires a hypnotist yearly for a show. He makes football players dance like ballerinas. He made this guy dance like crazy whenever he heard the six flags song (you know the one where there's a crazy old man dancing to it?). This girl couldn't say the word Mississippi for the life of her. When the show was over, he'd programmed one guy to go buy a nestea in the vending machine and spit it out because it was bitter. It worked, and said guy did exactly as told, without realizing it was hypnotism. I once hypnotised myself into a past life regression, but I'm not sure if it was real or if it was just my imagination. There were some pretty freaky coincidences, though.

has anyone seen mindfreak? chris angel does alot of real hypnotism. things that i believ are probably more closely related with what we are talking about here.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games