BISHIE! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:26 am
Ok, I'm a huge geek, there aren't words to describe my geekiness, however I'm not so geeky as to go cosplay.

However when at anime conventions, in my usual black attire of the summer, (plain tee, jeans, boots, trilbe, tine long jacket). The last thing I want, is some 13 year old girl, dressed as what ever the new trendy obscure anime is (because only poesurs watch Bleach xp ) running up and tackling me from behind (I beleive these weirdos call it a 'glomp') screaming, 'MY BISHIE! (for those not in the know Bishie = Bishounen = attractive male) whilst I'm talking to a trader about the new studio proteus trade hardback or Dark horses plan to release ghost in the shell and man machine interface on special edition. So one day I asked what it was all about (actually i kind of shouted about what it was about). As it happens, even my normal attire makes me look a cosplayer, which got me thinking about all the genuine goths I saw lined up outside, I can't imagine how it must be for them. Easily as terrible as it is for me.

Discussion point I guess I need one, ok, so how about when your appereance has attracted annoying people.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:36 am
Children are either afraid of me or think I'm sooooOOooo cool. The ones who think I'm cool can be very annoying. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned here before about the kids who came to my house asking me to do a spell for them, because they assumed I was a witch. And even after I told them I wasn't, they asked me on another occasion if they could come over to my house and have a Séance. (...sorry if Spell check and I didn't spell that right.)  

TheWitchGotRobin

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:22 am
rofl Sorry, but I know people like that. Bishounen I think literally translates to "pretty boy" but it's usually used to describe men who look pretty/beautiful enough to almost pass for woman at times. Generally long hair is an almost pre-requisit for being deemed bishie.

Some common examples of Bishie in anime:
D in Vampire Hunter D
Hotohori in Fushigi Yugi
Fish Eye and Zoycite from Sailor Moon (despite dubbers trying to make him a her Zoycite is actually a male).

There are many more, but I'm short on time, so that will have to do for the moment.

I've actually dressed up in outfits that look like I'm cosplaying, though I'm not actually cosplaying anyone specific, just wanting to have that anime feel about myself at times. ^_^ It's fun for me because it's a bit outside the ordinary.

I actually had a lady at the bank ask me to open my coat so she could see my outfit because I tend to wear my more outlandish things on fridays. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:17 am
For me, the main source of annoyance in my everyday life would be the hoard of 13 year-old, half-wit emo-girls that refuses to leave me alone.
Happens alot that, when I'm on town, I get 2-3 little ones running up to me, expecting me to remember their names and producing an incredible amount of words over a remarkably short time with even less sense.
I guess I just don't have the heart to tell them to sod off.
Gosh, having a fanclub is difficult.><
But I suppose it does wonders to my ego.  

Athiel

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:50 am
Lol, I love seeing that happen to guys, so funny "with the what the f***?!" look they get. Here's a tip: if they think you look bishie, don't walk around with another bishie guy, that'll encourage them, make em think you're gay rofl

I tend to get a male hareem.....load of emo/metallers/geeks crowding round me vying for my attention.. I usually have to endure a two hour lecture on warhammer from one guy everytime I see him gonk But, yeah, its amazing therepy for the ego xd  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:59 am
lurichan

Some common examples of Bishie in anime:
D in Vampire Hunter D
Hotohori in Fushigi Yugi
Fish Eye and Zoycite from Sailor Moon (despite dubbers trying to make him a her Zoycite is actually a male).

Awww crap, I get told I look like D all the time. D:

Isobel Bellamy
Lol, I love seeing that happen to guys, so funny "with the what the f***?!" look they get. Here's a tip: if they think you look bishie, don't walk around with another bishie guy, that'll encourage them, make em think you're gay rofl

I tend to get a male hareem.....load of emo/metallers/geeks crowding round me vying for my attention.. I usually have to endure a two hour lecture on warhammer from one guy everytime I see him gonk But, yeah, its amazing therepy for the ego xd

Yeah thats the worst bit, one of my friends looks like Squall from FF8 and we hang around alot. What do you mean endure a lecture on warhammer, everyone loves warhammer, if you don't your a geek.  

Rellik San
Crew

Isobel Bellamy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:12 am
Rellik San

Isobel Bellamy

Yeah thats the worst bit, one of my friends looks like Squall from FF8 and we hang around alot. What do you mean endure a lecture on warhammer, everyone loves warhammer, if you don't your a geek.

BWAHAHAHAA!!! Aw, you poor guy, maybe you should make a sign saying "glomp me, you get a fistful of pissed off metaller" and hang it on your back rofl

*laughs* I am a geek and proud of it! But as for Warhammer, it's just not my type of hobby...sitting around painting little figurines...too much detail for my liking. However, the megalomaniac quality of the actual game, I can appretiate. Just not the endless talk of the different sodels.....send me to sleep, much like women talking about shoes...  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:15 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

Isobel Bellamy

BWAHAHAHAA!!! Aw, you poor guy, maybe you should make a sign saying "glomp me, you get a fistful of pissed off metaller" and hang it on your back rofl

*laughs* I am a geek and proud of it! But as for Warhammer, it's just not my type of hobby...sitting around painting little figurines...too much detail for my liking. However, the megalomaniac quality of the actual game, I can appretiate. Just not the endless talk of the different sodels.....send me to sleep, much like women talking about shoes...
Oh, he talks about the models, not the actual storyline or cool battles he had against arrogant players... oh damn, you poor thing.  

Rellik San
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:19 am
Athiel
For me, the main source of annoyance in my everyday life would be the hoard of 13 year-old, half-wit emo-girls that refuses to leave me alone.
Happens alot that, when I'm on town, I get 2-3 little ones running up to me, expecting me to remember their names and producing an incredible amount of words over a remarkably short time with even less sense.
I guess I just don't have the heart to tell them to sod off.
Gosh, having a fan club is difficult.><
But I suppose it does wonders to my ego.

Two more fan girls and I have enough to start the Rellik San appreciation guild on gaia. Its quite sad really. I'm worshiped by teenage American girls but in Britain its the guys that want my a**. sweatdrop

And despite all this, I still think I'm not much of a looker.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:23 am
Rellik San
Oh, he talks about the models, not the actual storyline or cool battles he had against arrogant players... oh damn, you poor thing.

I know xp I'm too polite to say I'm not interested....not even my glazed over eyes wil deter him eek  

Isobel Bellamy

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:26 am
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

I know xp I'm too polite to say I'm not interested....not even my glazed over eyes wil deter him eek
You know how you annoy him?
Tell him heavy gear is better then 40k. and he will run away crying, or if its warhammer fantasy, say mage knight is better. Works like a charm wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:28 am
Rellik San
Isobel Bellamy
Rellik San

You know how you annoy him?
Tell him heavy gear is better then 40k. and he will run away crying, or if its warhammer fantasy, say mage knight is better. Works like a charm wink

*laughs* I have no clue what on earth that means, but it'll probably encourage him, make him think actually know about that stuff eek  

Isobel Bellamy

TybaltGamemaster

nuGen Staff Hunter

7,200 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • The Committee Staff 25
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:34 am
Isobel Bellamy
Here's a tip: if they think you look bishie, don't walk around with another bishie guy, that'll encourage them, make em think you're gay rofl
Don't do that, many like yoai. That will just make things worse.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:38 am
TybaltGamemaster
Isobel Bellamy
Here's a tip: if they think you look bishie, don't walk around with another bishie guy, that'll encourage them, make em think you're gay rofl

That's why I said don't. Though, hearing the yelps of horror at yaoi-fangirls flocking around guys is an amusement. Strange how it isn't considered sexual harrassment to do that kind of things to guys....  

Isobel Bellamy

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:41 am
I feel, if not your pain, a very similar one. Although, I'll admit it bothers me much more to be mistaken for a woman than to aqquire a fangirl.
Isobel Bellamy
TybaltGamemaster

That's why I said don't. Though, hearing the yelps of horror at yaoi-fangirls flocking around guys is an amusement. Strange how it isn't considered sexual harrassment to do that kind of things to guys....
Well you see, men can't get raped. They are the anti-christ set upon this earth to destroy women.
In the right mindset, preachy feminists can be quite amusing.

Now, being mistaken for a woman by a preachy feminist...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff