Submit

For your room, would you buy?
  An Alice in Wonderland painting
  Coffin shaped pillows with a lace cross
  Coffin shaped coffee table.
View Results

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:27 pm
I'm in a crafty mood any my art show is ever-so close. I was wondering if anyone knew of any gothy DIY projects I could make/make better. It could be anything from clothes, to pillows to toys.

Thanks! I really appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:08 pm
id like to know some too! but sadly...i got nothing. emo  

hollyzilla

Mage The Red

Bloodthirsty Demon

24,750 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Winged 100
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:50 pm
I would suggest a little computer desk that resembles a mini-crypt. But, that's jumping the gun, there. Best thing I got.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:09 am
I love jewelry making... you can get really gothic with if it you get the right pieces. Or gothing up regular jewelry. I always modify my stuff.

Get Voltaire’s book The guide to Gothic decoration (or homemaking?) for some great ideas. He has one project where you take a bunch of cool bottles and make a candelabra out of it.  

DarkPrincesa

ketchakik

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:27 am
not got any idea for the thread topic.....but as to the poll..
i want a coffin to use as a coffee table

well..i am reworking my coffin guitar case lining it with red velvet.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:25 am
I'm personally trying to get my hands on some leather so I can make a wristband with some silver jewelry that I have whee  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

DreamerSpirit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:31 am
I love doing DIY things! ^_^

I sew a lot, and make all sorts of cool clothing! I've made two cloaks (with a two more that I'm finishing up), a bunch of purses, a couple shirts,, skirts, and dresses, as well as some lacey handkerchiefs.
Once I finish up with all the things I'm working on, I'm planning on making a full-out victorian mourning gown.

As for other things... I love making jewellery, and once I've saved up enough money to buy the equiptment, I'm planning on making a metal-working studio in my basement.

I also like making little figures out of polymer clay. It's so fun to work with! whee

Drawing is fun too. I have a very versatile style. It is usually very whispy and dreamy, but can be dark and macabe too. I love doing illustration in charcoal or ink. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:12 am
I love doing DIY stuff, it's fun.

right now I'm working on making myself a new black leather ankle length trench coat, it'll be awesome when it's done.

well, for my room, I went out as the sun was going down and took some pics of the sun and moon in the same sky really close to each other, made them black and white, matted them in black foam, and took black plumbing wire and made a black wire frame for it.

right now, my room is cream, the furniture is dark cherry, my bed is wrought iron, and I have dried flowers and glass everwhere. I have a black and maroon drape over my entertainment set, the main part of it is maroon, with black sheer over the top, both edged in black ribbon that has silver and black moon and star charms on it. I have it set up so it hides my entertainmet stuff when I'm not using it, and it turns into a display shelf with my medieval weaponry and gothic glass and jewelery on it, but when I want to use my stuff, the drape pulls back like curtains. It's awesome.  

nightwing773

Dante Omura

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:36 am
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Why not a...got goth pillow? LOL

Light Is My Deaths Curse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:29 pm
The Vampire Ruler
Darkness Is My Life's Blood

Why not a...got goth pillow? LOL

Light Is My Deaths Curse

Because then I would have to go buy pillow stuffing ;o; I used to just stuff my coffin pillows with other pillows that I didn't want anymore, but my mom was a little miffed with that emo  

Silly_Doll

Sensei Sayuri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:40 pm
One of my favorite DIY things to do is to go through my closet and find old clothes that I haven't worn for a while, have stains or I've worn so much that they're boring, and add embellishments or alterations that can range from small to large. An easy one requires:

One old t-shirt
Scissors

Optional: pony beads (I have some really cool glow in the dark ones i like to use)

Cut off the hem on the sleeves and bottom edge, then slice up thin ribbons up to where you think appropriate. I usually do the sleeves all the way to the top, but then leave the bottom alone. tie the end of each in a knot. If you add beads, make sure to space them out, it can look cluttered if you do it on the end of every piece of fringe.

I also like to take remnants of fabric from other projects and cut it into hearts or stars or whatever shape and baste or safety pin it over stains. I'm like, the messiest/ accident prone person in the entire world, so this works out for me.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:04 am
nightwing773

well, for my room, I went out as the sun was going down and took some pics of the sun and moon in the same sky really close to each other, made them black and white, matted them in black foam, and took black plumbing wire and made a black wire frame for it.

That sounds amazing. Do you have a picture of the frame? I am having trouble picturing it. I liek the idea of the sun and the moon picture.  

DarkPrincesa

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:23 am
Well i do alot of DIY stuff.

Ive taken velvet blankets and maded them into curtains complete with ribbions to tie them back and black roses hanging from the top.

I suggest Picking up old furniture from the side of the road, spraying them a base color and decoupaging with some goth themed pictures.

if you want something less involved

There are purses, which really arnt that hard to make.
Its a pillow case with handles.

If youre a bit more talented, Goth plushie dolls are popular.
If you cant figure out how to do this, ask me for more advice. I love making plushies.

I remeber taking a small set of shelfs in a box, and putting small trinkets in them, then spraying the entire thing black. Then adding really small sliver trinkets. It gave a really intresting effect.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:31 pm
ketchakik
not got any idea for the thread topic.....but as to the poll..
i want a coffin to use as a coffee table

well..i am reworking my coffin guitar case lining it with red velvet.

Sounds lovely!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

nightwing773

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:14 pm
sure, here's a pic of my picture frame, with the pic itself. sry, it's a little bit blurry and such, and it's in black and white cause that's what I have my camera set in....but here u go!

the frame is just plumbing wire set and and welded, the spirals are soldered to the main frame.

User Image  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces