Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Literature
So, is it bad... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Poll.
  Money.
View Results

High5MyRemix

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:52 pm
That I still enjoy children's books at age 18? redface I just finished Coraline by Neil Gaiman and I just adored it. Does anyone else still read and enjoy children or teen books?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:34 pm
I still enjoy teen books. Have you ever read In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes or any of the twenty-some books by Tamora pierce? They're great. Of course, I'm about three years younger than you, but that doesn't really matter; I say read what you like.  

Serein Wolfe

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:13 pm
It doesn't matter at all. I love to read all books, whether they are for people either too old or too young. Although, does that count, since I'm only thirteen? I read a book a little while ago, The Girl With Silver Eyes, and I loved it, even though it was for littler kids.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:03 pm
I love Amelia Atwater-Rhodes' books! Have you read Demon in my View? Fantastic book. I still have a bunch of Dr. Suess books, too, for some odd reason. And The Superlative Horse...  

Lady Pica

Salty Wench

8,975 Points
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

red_moon_wolfess

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:25 pm
I love them still! If I could find any books by Bruce Covall I would still read them to this day! Have you ever read Jaramy thatcher, Dragon hatcher By Bruce Covall? that was one of my first books and I wish I could find it again!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 11:17 am
Jeremy Thatcher is a classic! heart  

SunnyAntarctica

red_moon_wolfess

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:13 pm
TheShinobi
Jeremy Thatcher is a classic! heart
heart hells yes! heart  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 12:16 pm
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle will always be one of my favorite books.

This book has it all: It has the usual battle between good and evil and the ultimate triumph of love. 3nodding

This book has a fun sci-fi space travel element. ninja

This book also more generally celebrates human creativity and individuality, hailing as heroes the greatest creative geniuses in the arts and sciences, including Einstein, Bach, da Vinci, and Shakespeare. surprised

No matter how old you are, this book can be read over and over, when your are old...read it to your kids! heart  

Obiageli

Persephones Son

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:59 pm
I think it always depends on the child's book... there are some child's books that most adults will not get any enjoyment out of reading themselves. It is still worth reading to my younger sibling. Although, I love Judy Blume's books, it's always interesting reading her books intended for the adult crowd and then switching to her children's books. And I love reading children's books with illustrations by Brian Froud... very mystical work, love it!!

By the way, I've never read anything by Neil Gaiman, but I'm an intense fan of one of his very close friends, Tori Amos. I hear references to "Neil" all the time in her music... what is his literature about? What's his style?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:46 pm
I'm eighteen and I still love books by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes. She's a great writer, despite her target audience being teenagers.  

Saffyre Tempest

Zoe green eyes

4,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:49 pm
Sometimes I rent those little kid how to draw books from the library. I think that is more embarrasing than that. Books for all ages are good for anybody really. I still know where my Hundred Spooky Tales book is... and that is for third graders.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:45 am
L.M. Montgomery.. the Anne of Green Gables books. Every once in a while, I'll reread them just for fun.

Jane Yolen, every once in a while.

The Last Unicorn and The Neverending Story. I saw the movie for Neverending Story long before I ever read the book, and didn't realize what I'd been missing until then. Though I do think they did a decent job with the first movie.. despite the giant flying cocker spaniel.

Diane Duane, if anyone's read her books. There were three of the "Wizards" books when I got hold of them first, and they seem to have expanded into an entire series since then. I'm curious about checking the newer ones out, but also somewhat apprehensive. Enjoying the original three as much as I did, I'd hate to find out the later books aren't so good.

Most of the juvenile fiction books I read, I have here at home, as I always feel like a criminal creeping around in the Children's Section of the local library.  

Setsu-P has stepped out

Muffin Manic

Hilarious Raccoon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:12 am
Serein Wolfe
I still enjoy teen books. Have you ever read In the Forests of the Night by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes or any of the twenty-some books by Tamora pierce? They're great. Of course, I'm about three years younger than you, but that doesn't really matter; I say read what you like.

I loved! the book in the forest of the night but I'm still a teen so yeah.....  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:41 pm
Quote:

I finally finished the Tamora Pierce series, and there are only 14 of them, not 20 close enough though :: has all of them :: But I am still a teen so it's alright that I read those. xd  

red_moon_wolfess

Zieza

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:04 am
I switch between college level books, learn to read books, and Bruce Coville books all the time. I'll probably still do it when I'm 1000 if I still can see. If not I'll just learn brail and do the same thing lol. Read what you want! The variety makes all books better (or shows just how horrible one was)  
Literature

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff