Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
Oh dear!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Honorable Nasty

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 8:43 pm
I was looking through a 'RP'ing thread that was started by one of my friends, and this is what I saw.

"Aisha and her horse made it to saitos castle and i ran in there and saito had Fate in a crystal and was waiting for me to kill her aisha said you b*****d lets Fate go and Aisha shot an arrow at saito and saito teleported behind Aisha a cut her knee and ran with fate aisha said no and saito put aisha to sleep and aisha said fate noooooo it was posionus aid and asiha was asleep for 2 hours "

Besides the mispelled and ommited words, there is no punctuation at all! cry When I asked her to add a period or maybe even a few apostrophes she said, 'oh, im sorry i just love to rp'. Along with this post, this user also posted several more very similar posts, but I won't torture you with anymore.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:23 pm
for some reason, it really bothers me when people don't spell out their numbers unless it's in a math equation.

like even when I'm on the freeway and I see the numbers "X amount of miles" it just bothers me.

That post made me twitch just slightly. The sentence structure is atrocious and the words are third grade level. God help the Grammar

P O E

"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff