Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Tokyopop at Anime Expo 2005!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you plan to submit any art or writing to Tokyopop?
Yeah, at the Expo for sure!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes, but at a later date...
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Maybe... erm, like, at a time far away from now...
87%
 87%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 8

Cruzle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:42 pm
Yes, that's right, TOKYOPOP will be at Anime Expo 2005, which starts tomorrow... xd If you're going, there's no doubt that you should check them out. They're going to have a HUGE booth selling tons of manga and maybe other goodies. But they're also going to be doing...

...PORTFOLIO REVIEWS! blaugh surprised eek

Wee, wee, it's going to be fun. Feel free to post if you're going to be attending! I'll be at Anime Expo all four days; this is my sixth year attending! ^__^ And yes, I WILL be turning in a portfolio to TOKYOPOP. Why? Well, I'm not looking to get published nor am I expecting high praise. But I'm interested in what professionals who are searching for mangaka to represent their company are looking for in an artist. Basically, I'm just doodling a lot and turning in some pictures~ I 'm really interested in the feedback. I've run from Tokyopop for too long! It's time to embrace the inevitable. Not like it's torture. I'm really excited, actually...

Once I get my "results" or whatever you'd call them, I'll be sure to post a scanned picture here. xd Then we can all laugh at the way I'll be (probably) criticized. Wee! Ain't it fun?!

If you're interested, I recommend you all do this... it's not like the company's gonna hold a grudge, right?

Tokyopop accepts anime-styled art, and it can be in either sketched, inked, or screen-toned format. Tokyopop also accepts writing samples... they want some novelists, yo, so if you can write but can't draw, or can draw but can't write, or if you can do both, I'd recommend turning something in!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 8:21 pm
Will they be at Otakon?  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Cruzle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:30 pm
Neko-Yousei
Will they be at Otakon?

Maybe, not sure... AnimeExpo is the only convention I go to, so it's all I know... I'm sorry... crying But it probably says on their website if you check the "Buzz" or other parts. Heck, I'll check right now...

... I checked! And yes, why, yes, TOKYOPOP will be doing portfolio reviews at Otakon. You have a little more than a month. So get ready, nyahaha...

I was just looking at the guidlines and printing out all the releases and such, and submitting to Tokyopop doesn't sound like something you can do just for fun... eek Well, maybe I'll enter fiction instead. I'd like to thinlk that I can offer something which other people could be interested in, even if it could never be as good as Fruits Basket. *sobsob* Well. I'll try anyway, I think. But I can't do sequential art, wa~h...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:01 am
Wish I was good enough at drawing and writing to do something like that, but I can't make my way anywhere for cons, I wish I could. Maybe next year before college starts I will take some road trips and visit a few cons, if I do that I will make sure to get ahold of you all and maybe we could meet up^^" That would be fun for the tokyo pop manga guild to actually be able to talk to each other in person.  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:08 am
Cruzle
Neko-Yousei
Will they be at Otakon?

Maybe, not sure... AnimeExpo is the only convention I go to, so it's all I know... I'm sorry... crying But it probably says on their website if you check the "Buzz" or other parts. Heck, I'll check right now...

... I checked! And yes, why, yes, TOKYOPOP will be doing portfolio reviews at Otakon. You have a little more than a month. So get ready, nyahaha...

I was just looking at the guidlines and printing out all the releases and such, and submitting to Tokyopop doesn't sound like something you can do just for fun... eek Well, maybe I'll enter fiction instead. I'd like to thinlk that I can offer something which other people could be interested in, even if it could never be as good as Fruits Basket. *sobsob* Well. I'll try anyway, I think. But I can't do sequential art, wa~h...

Maybe I'll throw something together...maybe.

Sequential art??? Whassat?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:28 am
They are going to be in Cali. I know that much. I wish I lived in Cali right now.  

Certified_Gangsta

Magnetic Sex Symbol

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:26 pm
I looked over the rules and whatnot...I don't think I'll get anything looked over because it's like, once they look at your stuff you are so pwned. sweatdrop

Anime Expo:
Geneon new Licenses-
Fate/Stay Night
Starship Operators
Erementar Gerad
Shakugan no Shana
Ergo Proxy
Hellsing Ultimate OAV
Kannaduki no Miko

And that's all the important stuff 'cept the fact that CN is going to show Evangelion in its ENTIRETY. stfuomfg... eek  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:44 am
Wow... someone shoot me, but I didn't do it after all... it seemed to be something more serious, as though I couldn't play around and show them a few doodles... oh well, I'm famous for not entering contests when I say I will. Aggh. Though this isn't a contest...

I do want to submit something later, though. whee  

Cruzle

TokyoPop Manga Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces