Reply Avatar Talk
To win, glue together random items??? -read inside-

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pawsie-Incognito

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:00 am
Holy cow, people just rate so casually; take URL for example. Look at number 5. That person just glued together random items and people were like,
Quote:
awesome! omg it looks so amazing!

Quote:
WHOA!!! AWESOME 10/10

Quote:
Freaking awesome avy...it rocks, nice story too.
gives the avy poetic justice! 10/10!
- what does the story have to do with anything?

I looked at the first page and I saw NO ONE who rated it HONESTLY. I wouldn't have given that avatar a 10. NOT EVEN A 7. NOT EVEN A 6. NOT EVEN A 5. THERE IS NOOOO BALACE WHATSOEVERRRRRR.

And if people think that if you spent like I dunno, 3827592385k on an avatar, they'll be like,

Quote:
u spent alot of tim on tht i gib u a 10 bcuz it cost alot.
- Not to mention POOR GRAMMAR.

Anyways, why do the avatars which have RANDOM GAIA ITEMS GLUED TOGETHER most of the time get a 10? They should be getting 1's; they put no effort, no thought, no balance, probably no personal apeal either.

Sorry if this sounds flame-ish >___<  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:35 pm
Well, *I* think it's neato. It's not humanoid, but it looks pretty coherent - and creative - to me. It's an unconventional use of several normally-incoherent items that come together to form a new and exciting whole: the rebirth of the phoenix. Not cluttered, and it doesn't need to be a match-whore. Don't think it should have beaten the beautiful sleeping Gwee, but it's still nifty and deserves positive attention.  

Lucca Ashtear

Damn Leprechauns

8,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:49 am
did you see the search keywords on number 1? "sexual harrasment, pandy, panda..." Like, they thought someone's really gonna be searching the avatar arena on "sexual harrasment" and be like "Oh boy! I hope I find some avatars with a rape theme I can jack off to"? xp

Oh, and yeah it's kind of random items, but I think more like, they were playing around with the items and combinations and saw "Hey, this looks cool, like a big ball of fire and stuff; I wonder what people would vote on it?"  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:20 pm
    The avatar itself is amazingly cool. xD;
    I would of given it a ten.
    In fact i did xDD;
    Because it looks funny and its creative,
    not matching ect.

La Pasteque

Emofrodyte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:42 am
I probably would've given it a 10. xD

The AA doesnt really like actual avatars is my belief. (yes I'm referring it as a thing)
The AA likes cosplays and wierd avatars that look like nothing.
xP  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:31 pm
-[User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. domokun User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.]-

User ImageUser Image

You might want to specify the week since people are thinking of the bullet one.

Oh, if just the past winners thing was working and didn't take me to the front page. x_x

-[[Yreka!]]-

Lucca Ashtear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:11 pm
Oh dear lord, I just looked back at my post and I can't believe I used to be that way.

Guess it was cool before everyone started doing it...  

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games