Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply "TXT TLK" horror stories
need translation, please!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Odenpa Kunoichi

Shadowy Girl

11,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:09 am
I was having a conversation with someone through pms and I'm having a lot of trouble understanding. I kindly asked her to use a bit more punctuation but she responded with something else I couldn't understand.

THe first response I understand, but the rest made my head a splode.

name removed
Mitsuki the ninja
name removed
Mitsuki the ninja
name removed
Mitsuki the ninja
Click My gaia then click account. Then set the word filter to strong.

Problem solved.

Hey thanks at least someone here isn't messed up. Its nice to know that people still want to help.

Well, someone told you that there was a word filter and you refused to listen. You said the thought of such a thing was ridicolous.

Might want to read the ToS a bit more closely. It clearly states that the site is PG-13. You don't have to read all that legal mumbo jumbo, I don't. Just skip to the "A user may not bla bla bla" part, that's what I do.

Yea but when your reading something and it just popps up then it defeats the point
and if the person wanted to help they could have told me about the filtering and HOW TO FILTER AND WHAT IT FILTERS.

I'm sorry, but could you try to use a little more punctuation? That was a little confusing for me to read...

me more puctuation look at your first one
do you not know how to read im regular talk?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:34 am
I beleive it says "Me more punctuation? Look at your first one.(refering to your first sentence) Do you not know how to read im (Instant message) talk?  

Lord Himuro of darkness

Natsuri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:38 pm
At least it's not as horrible as text-talk in both of its forms. (i.e., normal and the full-blown super-retarded form) It's still understandable, sans the proper grammar, punctuation, and structure.  
"TXT TLK" horror stories

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games