Any Yoshi users?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:36 pm
I want to know if anyone can make use of this horrible character xd
If you use him, what are your techniques? How do you maximize his horrible comeback?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:17 pm
I'm good with yoshi he dose not  

The Moon Monkey

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:52 pm
MoonMonkey0

Dose not...?
Dose not what?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 4:53 pm
Melomaniacal
MoonMonkey0

Dose not...?
Dose not what?
he/she dosen't suck just becuase your not good with him dosen't means he sucks  

The Moon Monkey

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:51 pm
MoonMonkey0
Melomaniacal
MoonMonkey0

Dose not...?
Dose not what?
he/she dosen't suck just becuase your not good with him dosen't means he sucks

I never said that xp

I'm saying I've never seen someone make good use of him, so I want to get a word in from someone who can use him well.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:15 pm
I believe Yoshi Is not a terrible character. He is in fact one of my favorite characters to use. I make good use of his side smash attack.

His flutter jump goes pretty far, so that keeps him on the battle field and it lets him dodge pretty quickly to get out of a bad situation.

Also, by using his side B attack, you can go crashing into two other people who are busy fighting each other, then you break out and smash them off the field (of course, the last part of that requires a bit of luck.)

And, the attack that he uses in the air while pressing side A (I think) is pretty powerful. If you use that on a damaged opponent who's trying to recover by getting back on the stage, It leaves little chance of recovery.

And his flutter kick and ground pound are just awesome smile

So yeah. This is just what I do. Some people might think he sucks, but I like him. (I also like tossing the egg attack backwards.)  

NekkyoMaster

elf_hero66

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:50 pm
I rock with Yoshi, but i don't use him that much. If you go to the site, www.smashbros.com, you'll find that his Egg Toss in Brawl will add to his jump. And I quote from the website: "That's enough to earn him a hearty welcome, isn't it?"  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:27 pm
elf_hero66
I rock with Yoshi, but i don't use him that much. If you go to the site, www.smashbros.com, you'll find that his Egg Toss in Brawl will add to his jump. And I quote from the website: "That's enough to earn him a hearty welcome, isn't it?"

stare

In response to the topic...

I thought there was some pro who plays exclusively as Yoshi. Can't think of his name though. I know there's pro Yoshi's out there.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:15 pm
SilentBlackTiger
elf_hero66

stare

I thought there was some pro who plays exclusively as Yoshi. Can't think of his name though. I know there's pro Yoshi's out there.

Well, there are pros for every character...

I'm just asking about how they use him (or her).  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:41 pm
Melomaniacal
SilentBlackTiger
elf_hero66

stare

I kniow there's some technique, refered to as Egg-edge canceling, or something to that effect. I'm sorry I can't offer more on this subject. confused I can honestly say, I don't visit the Yoshi boards. wink  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:36 pm
SilentBlackTiger
Melomaniacal
SilentBlackTiger
elf_hero66

stare

I kniow there's some technique, refered to as Egg-edge canceling, or something to that effect. I'm sorry I can't offer more on this subject. confused I can honestly say, I don't visit the Yoshi boards. wink

Yeah, I know a little about Yoshi, but not as much as I'd like.

Neither do I... xp  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 3:44 am
I'm a yoshi user in red form but i know yeeksta(from youtube)is a very good yoshi user  

Boogoohead_teh_fire_yoshi

Bralef

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:39 pm
Around about a year after I got melee, I was pretty good. I kicked a** with Roy, and I could beat everyone I played against.(okay, so that was like 1 person, and he beat me half the time, but still) I stopped playing for A while. Now Yoshi is my main, and I hardly ever use Roy anymore. I used to be great with him, but I just find playing as him so BORING. Anyway, to answer your question, Yes, I use Yoshi. He's my best character. I don't know If he'll be my best in Brawl, but I probably won't play as him as much, with the Awesome new characters, and all. My main will probably be either Wario, Metaknight, or even ROB. This is gonna be SWEET.(I might of posted this again accidently. Sorry if i did.)

10 days till Brawl comes out....10 days till Brawl comes out...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:38 pm
i would be considered somewhat a yoshi pro by others by i dis agree link is my main and yoshi is my secondand well stand undefeated as yoshi no prob have beaten tls seuma and project artiems no probs and from what i heard they had the whole pro thing going for them
rumors went around they could beat wak01 and alphazealot but these guys seem easy.wavedashing and everything is handy but not essitanil to win a match
but when playing yoshi if you want to dole out damage l-canceling and wavelandings are you're biggest frineds like his pund or down a air have bad recovery times but as i see it no other major flaws than that
don't focus on his side-b use it to get back on the ledge if knocked high and far.  

ness8

Characters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff