Welcome to Gaia! ::

The FIRST Shojo Beat Guild

Back to Guilds

Come visit us at The Shojo Beat Guild and talk about everything the magazine has to offer: Manga, Artists, J-music, and more!!! 

Tags: Shojo, Beat, Magazine, Tankoban, Girls 

Reply .: Listen up :: Music Forum :.
*~.:L'Arc~en~Ciel:.~*-undercontruction_posts are allowed- Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L'Arc?
  Love 'em!
  Don't know them
  Not my kind of band
View Results

ice_blu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:10 pm
User Image
*~L'Arc~en~Ciel~*
Thread

*~Table of Contents~*

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:11 pm
*~. razz rofile:.~*

L’Arc~en~Ciel is very famous Japanese rock band with four members. In 1991, the band was formed around tetsu (bass), the leader, in Osaka, Japan. From early on, they valued the band’s music and image. Although their reputation then was limited within the independent music scene, the band caught many people’s attention. The sound epitomizing their activities in this period was released in Japan initially in 1993, and again in 2004. Titled “DUNE”, this was where they started, and you cannot miss this album if you are to search their roots. After the release of this album, the band went out for their first national tour, and raised a storm of excitements in numerous cities in Japan.

Back then, THE color of choice among independent musicians was definitely black only. Contrarily, L’Arc~en~Ciel dressed themselves in white. This led to the birth of the term and phenomena of “shiro kei”(“white group”): Many fans showed up to the concerts also dressing in white.

In July 1994, they debuted as a major recording artist with video-single “Nemuri ni yosete”. As they did so in their independent musician era, they continued to be particular about their visual presentation. The band’s music video also maintained a high quality as a piece of artistic cinema, unlike original music videos made only for the sake of promoting new CDs. In the same month, they released their second album “Tierra” which is very delicate and tinted with multi color sounds. Another album titled “heavenly” went on sale in the following year. In December, their first concert at Nihon Budo-kan took place. This is the stage where numerous big names from overseas perform and Japanese rock bands dream of playing someday. The show was a huge success.

In 1996, L’Arc~en~Ciel kept their pace and continued to perform as they paid special attention to the details and refused to go with the trends. Their fourth album “True” was completed.

It seemed as if nothing could go wrong with them, however, they had no choice but to rest for a while when the drummer, sakura left the band. In 1997 the band went into recess. On December 23, though, the band gathered 56,000 audiences to their Tokyo Dome show. The band showed us an energetic gig which made us believe in the restoration and coming of the new dawn of L’Arc~en~Ciel.

In January 1998, yukihiro formally joined the band. His presence added the band a new approach to sound by re-mixing their songs, and their music range widened significantly. In 1998, an album “HEART” came out. In 1999, two albums “ark” and “ray” hit the chart of Japan and seven different countries in Asia on the same day. The total audience attendance in their 6-city tour of Japan was 650,000. In 2000, they released the album “REAL”, and toured several dome stadiums in major cities of Japan. After the tour final at Tokyo Dome, they stopped working. Without releasing any comments on the band’s future, their best album went on sale. “Spirit dreams inside” became the ending theme for the motion picture “FINAL FANTASY”. What was on their minds, a breakup or a brief pause? When people started speculating about their future, tetsu began his solo career. He set up his own label “SPROUSE”, and released CDs as TETSU69. yukihiro also began his band “acid android”. Likewise, hyde engaged in his solo project, not only in music business but also on the big screen with a film “MOON CHILD”. ken was no exception, he formed a new band, S.O.A.P. Each member wrote their own lyrics and music, and sang vocals. Their rich talents surprised many, and helped to manifest each member’s personality that tended to be shadowed by heavy presence of the band itself. As a result, people thought that L’Arc~en~Ciel would possibly break up, but they denied the rumor by announcing abruptly the schedule for “Shibuya Seven days 2003” which took place in June and July 2003. Gathering 87,000 audiences in 7 gigs, L’Arc~en~Ciel exclaimed their new beginning in front of the crowd.

In 2004, with each member’s solo projects still ongoing, L’Arc~en~Ciel completed their ninth album “SMILE”. They went out for a national tour during the months of May and June to impress upon public that they are the first and foremost a live band.

They strongly influence Japanese music industry and younger bands that follow. It appears that many creators, particularly those who are in the manga world, were influenced by not only L’Arc~en~Ciel’s sound but also the four members’ personalities, spaces they create, and their images. The band’s field of activities has spread from music to film, commercials, games, etc. Their everlasting energy to create something new will undoubtedly continue to expand as long as L’Arc~en~Ciel keeps going.

Profile from:
Tofu Records/HP

The band recently celebrated their 15th year in the business and sucess. They are still going strong!

ice_blu

ice_blu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:12 pm
*~.:Members.:~*
User Image
Name can/is pronounced as "haido"
He doesn't really have his personal information release, his birthday are real name are not officially confirmed. He joined L'Arc~en~Ciel in 1992, after leaving the band Jerusalem's Rod, he was guitarist.

When solo his name is spelled in all capitals(HYDE).
He has his own record label, Haunted Records, and has toured the US in 2006.

He is married and has one child.

User Image
Leader of the L'Arc, he started the band in February 1991 in Osaka. His inspiration for the bands name, came when he watched a French movie of the same name(L'Arc~en~Ciel means: "ark in sky", meaning rainbow).

When solo he's was tetsu69, but has now went to just tetsu.

User Image
The second guitarist, that joined after hiro(first guitarist) left. He was in college when, in 1992, tetsu asked him to be L'Arc's guitarist. Accepting the request, he is now known as one of Japan's best guitarist.

When he is solo, he has the band Sons Of All Pussys(S.O.A.P), when also includes L'Arc past guitarist Sakura. Last year(2006) he released a single, "Speed", as just ken.

User Image
The third drummer of the band, joined in 1997(?), after sakura(second drummer) officially departed from the band. Though yukihiro was in the band in 1997, he was listed as the support member. But later on became the steady drummer for the band.

When solo he's in his band, acid android. Last year(2006), the American label Tofu Records, signed him to their label, releasing acid android's album "purification". Which is also available on iTunes.

Sakura
The second drummer of the band(after pero), joined in 1992. Though he was in the band for some time, in 1997 he was arrested for drug possession, and later that year(October 4,1997), officially left the band. This caused decline to the bands popularity, postponing of their single "Foruth Avenue Cafe", and their CDs being taken off shelves. Eventually the band made a comeback and is what it is today.

sakura is currently in the band Sons Of All Pussys, along with L'Arc~en~Ciel guitarist, ken.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:14 pm
*~. biggrin iscography:.~*  

ice_blu

ice_blu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:21 pm
*~.:Solo:.~*

*~.:tetsu:.~*

L'Arc's Of. Site
tetsu Official PC Web Site
遂に2/13「www.tetsu-tetsu.com」Renewal Open!!
ファンの皆さま、長らくお待たせしました!
TETSU69からtetsuに生まれ変り、数ヶ月の沈黙を経て、
遂に2/13 にtetsu Official Web Siteが始動します。

桜が咲くのを待つことなく、ちょっと早めにみなさんにお目にかかる準備が調いました。
早速チェックしないと見逃してしまう最新情報がUPされているかも・・!?
是非ご覧ください。

URL http://www.tetsu-tetsu.com

tetsu site is renewed, check it out! It's cool!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:23 pm
*~.:News:.~*
L'Arc official site
L'Arc~en~Cielの新曲「SHINE」が、
NHK-BSアニメ「精霊の守り人」のオープニングテーマに決定!
2007年4月7日(土)午前8:06~ NHK-BS2にて放送開始(予定)

「精霊の守り人」オフィシャルページ
http://www.moribito.com/

Well it mainly says....L'Arc~en~Ciel's new song is called "SHINE" and will be the opening theme song to the new anime "Seirei no Moribito". The anime will air on April 7th of this year.

ice_blu

ice_blu

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:23 pm
*~.:Samples:.~*

虹(Niji-ED:Rainbow)

STAY AWAY

叙情詩(Joujoushi-EN razz oem)*beautiful song*

They have more wonderful songs, and if you want more samples or need some recommendation, if they're new to the band, just ask.

*~.:Lives.:~*
Pieces-TV performance

Shout at the Devil

AS ONE-AWAKE Tour

*~.:Solo samples.:~*
Coming soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:38 pm
*~.:Links:.~*
Official Website
LArcom.net
Tofu Records L'Arc page

*~.:Solo:.~*
.:HYDE:.
HYDEIST
HAUNTED RECORDS(HYDE's record label)

.:tetsu:.
tetsu

.:ken:.
SONS OF ALL PUSSYS
ken

.:yukihiro:.
acid andriod

. surprised thers:.
Danger Cure Records
track on drugs records

ice_blu

ice_blu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:46 pm
Updated yo~

Replies can now be posted!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:41 am

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

w00t w00t!!!

L`arc~en~Ciel is a great and magical Band.

I cant wait for Shine and Seventh Heaven!

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.

Rainbows+Unicorns
Vice Captain

Chatty Fatcat

5,350 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

ice_blu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:52 pm
Rainbows+Unicorns

.: ♫ :: 永遠を夢見てた安保頃の僕らはいつまでも離れずに抱き合って笑ってた

w00t w00t!!!

L`arc~en~Ciel is a great and magical Band.

I cant wait for Shine and Seventh Heaven!

Have dreamed of eternity I of security time forever without leaving, to hold, you have laughed :: ♫ :.
They sure are! Very very magical, love them soo much!

I just pre-ordered "SEVENTH HEAVEN" two days ago, so I can't wait. This is the first time I'm gonna get a first press single.

Can't wait for both those songs!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:52 am
L'Arc~en~Ciel rules! i heard about them in Shojo Beat. heart HYDE's my favorite  

Cafekko_Nyappy

mizu sakurambo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:56 pm
larc en ciel i s cool ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:38 pm
L'Arc~en~Ciel is my favorite J-Rock band. I got hooked on their music when I first heard it through Fullmetal Alchemist (they play the opening to season 2, and the opening and closing for the Fullmetal Alchemist movie), and I bought their CD, smile, soon after 3nodding  

maple_chan

3,550 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

Ophelianime

Chatty Dabbler

8,550 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:50 pm