Contest For One Feb. Envelope *~{CLOSED}~* Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eternal Dragonz
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:29 pm
okay...here's the deal ....i have an extra envelope for this months donation item(s).....here is what i want everyone to do....write a short story.....it has to be original and character detailed...make it interesting...i and Hanyou will be the judges of this contest and will be reviewing each story....yes spelling and punctuation count...i myself will be excluded from this contest but Hanyou is not.

oh yeah you only have one week to submit your story  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:33 pm
Well asuming that poetry is exclude from this event and only short stories will do.... I choose this one ^^

Although grammer will most likely be my biggest issue seeing as im English second languages..
Oh well, i like the story either way X3

In the ever..

By Raja Valor

Teal’s eyes fluttered open to the morning sun warming her face. She yawned, stretching her legs out, then suddenly sat up with a jerk. She was in a field of spring flower, with birds chirping over head; singing to the days break. Teal stood up quickly, brushing the grass off her jeans; looking in all directions. She did not remember being here last night.

Everywhere she looked was anew to her. Trees surround the vast field like the guardians of royalty; with the largest king in the valleys center; a weeping willow. A small pond creeped around the south tree line; fish jumped from within catching their morning feast. The wind blew shifting the tall grass; Teal grasped her jacket tight around her, shielding herself from its moist chill. The wind blew yet again only this time from a different direction, and in the whoosh by her ear she heard the slightest whisper “Teal…” Teal turned slowly toward the weeping willow, drooping only a few feet away. Underneath it was a young man who she had not seen earlier. He wore a straw hat tilted down to cover his face; some old worn down overhauls with the holes to tell their age and a pair of old brown boots.
“Teal” he whispered again, softly motioning her towards him. She stepped gently through the blossoming flowers and then approached the boy with out hesitation. She settled down on the ground next to him; he did look at her, but spoke “Teal I’m sorry.”
“Sorry? Sorry for what?" she asked.
“For what I now have to do, Teal” Teal leaned against the tree dumbstruck, what could he possibly be sorry for? They had just met in one of the most beautiful places in the world, full of life and purity.
“ What do you have to do for you to be sorry about?” He turned his covered head toward her,
“Teal you will not believe it at first but, you must come to terms with it; it’s the only way…” And with that he grabbed her hands forcefully, gripping them so tightly Teal thought they were going to break. She opened her mouth to scream but no words came out; no birds sang; no breeze swung with the flowers, and a fish sound in mid air; time was frozen. There was no breath to breath, and for the first time she was able to look a the boys face; stare into his stone gray, eyes. The very earth beneath her turned black and shifted violently, but neither of them was shooken The light began to dim then quickly faded to a complete black; in the darkness of silence his hands were the only reassurance that she still existed. The light flooded back with a spectacular flash, his hand loosened their grip, and instantly Teal noticed that she was somewhere else.

It was cold, snow softly feel from the dimly lit sky. The boy let her hands go then pointed to his left. “Go and see Teal” he whispered. Teal followed his finger, and there, behind police tape, was an EMS unit and its staff surrounding a semi-truck. She ran forward, confused in it all, she reached down to cross under the police tape, but here fingers slipped right through it; tears swelled within her. Teal ran through the unfazed tape, then passed through the walls of people that didn’t even notice her; then there she was in front of the tractor-trailer, now paralyzed with the most dreadful sight imaginable in front of her now. There under the truck laid the frigid dead body of Teal Martian, bleeding away from the world.

“NO!” she cried out. Still none of the paramedics reacted, and as they zipped her body up into the body bag; Teal’s world crashed. She fell to her knees and rapped her arm around herself, sobbing uncontrollably. “Why… Why this… Why now?” she choked out.

The scene of death that surrounded her reverted into it previous black but this time there was no hand to help her through. Teal was in the midst of her own utter chaos fighting the brink of insanity. Her tears dropped to the nothingness surrounding her and echoed with each drop. Her sides heaved with every attempt to draw air; the light flickered back and she was again in the field. She did not move, but only continued to cry in the soft grass. Then a soft hand touched her shoulder, gently pressing on her the boy whispered.
“Its ok dear, it was your time, its over now.” Teal spun from the hand and stood up furiously, then she gazed into his eyes yet again, and all her new rage fell with the dying wind; she embraced him, clutching to his back for dear life.
“ Why?” she moaned “Why?”
“ It wasn’t your fault darling, just an accident that’s all. These things happen Teal, I’m so sorry you had to see it this way.”
“But what about my husband, and my kids, what will their children do without their mother? I can’t live with out my babies…” she was clenched to the man so hard she felt that she could break him.
“ They will be taken care of, I promise you that” he said as he rubbed her back.
“ I’m so alone now thought what will I do?”

The young man now pushed her back and looked upon her face, “We all thought we were alone one time too.” and he nodded behind her. Teal turned to see a crowd of people dressed in their Sunday best looking upon her. She began crying even harder, their stood Aunt Mary in her flower dress and sun hat, and Uncle Tom and his old faded suit jacket, the twins Rob and Dan still as young as ever. All these people that she had once known now looked up at here with gleaming faces.
Teal kept crying, but her tears were now of joy, “But...” she said as she looked back at the young man, but as she faced him there was no longer a young man standing in the old overhauls. There gazing through his gray eyes was an older man with an well-aged salt and pepper beard. “Grandpa?” Teal said. He reached out and hugged her again whispering “Welcome home angel.”

Raja Valor
Vice Captain

AngelofLuna
Crew

Tiny Noob

7,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:27 am
Well xD I only want to say :'3 Raja your story is so cool wink Now comes my story xD Well its half Story half fanfic...I think sweatdrop And The picture is not my made sweatdrop

Beginning of a Good friendship
By AngelOfLuna.

Serena open her eyes.
She was sitting on her bed and then lay down.
Her life was difficult. Her Parents killed in Car crash. She lived by Friends of them and had no family. Just 17 and already hard.
She was still in her new room.
Serena think:…Why…
She twirls around the bed.
Then suddenly she stop because she saw two long legs.
And she looked op to a friendly face.
It was her best friend Kai.
Serena sit then.
Serena:…What do you want? Again telling me stories? That someone is killed? You never had to say that….You ruined my dream…
He looked in her eyes and sit next to her.
Kai: You needed that…you needed stop looking in your dream world Serena.
Serena:…Its just unfair…I missed them so badly…
Kai looked at Serena.
Kai: You know get out your room sometimes you always sit in your bed and always eat in your room! There is a cool world out here…
Serena takes a pillow and hugs it.
Serena:…No….
Kai: But Serena! You have still a long life out there! You are young like me! Even you are missing your favourite shows..!
Serena: And my parents? They were young! They have a life! Unfair…
Kai: You know Serena? You FRIENDS are missing you! And you only are dreaming in your bed! Come ON! Lazy bum! Don’t Dream away here!
Serena looked up.
Serena think:…He is right…My mom always say that life is still big…
Serena:…Alright! THEN GET OUT OF MY ROOM!
Kai looked shock up and smiled.
Kai: That is the girl…I know..
He waved and walks out the room.
Serena takes the clothes on and looked fast to her bed.
Serena think:.. Dreams are some lies…but sometime happened to a nightmare…I’m making for my own a dream!!
She walk out.
And felt a warm inside.
She felt her parents smiling.
She walks out and saw her parent’s friends smiling.
Serena:…Hi…Im back..
The oldest man of the family came forward.
Oldest man: I had to introduce myself but *give you a card* you better read this…
Serena looked at the card.
It says that she must go to the forest. It was from her friend Kai.
Serena: What is this?
Oldest man: Just go! He is waiting! *Funny laugh*
Serena sweatdrop.
She take her jacket and run out.
She run so fast if she can.
Serena was at the forest…
Then she saw Kai standing.
Kai: You really came!
He was happy and smiled.
Serena: What is the matter?
Kai: You know Serena…
He walks to her.
Kai: We could make our dream….Lets make it together…
Serena: You know Kai…I think this is the beginning of a good friendship.
Then they kissed in the light of the moon.
Waiting what the future will give.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:37 am
okay Raja your story is really good.....unfortunately i have heard that one before...diff carrecters....same story.......and you neglected to detail the main character "teal" what did she look like how was she dressed........you did good on the man under the tree but not her

Angel....your story is also good but not in story form....it looks more like you are makeing a poem and not a story....needed to be in paragraph form...oh and the pic was a very nice touch  

Eternal Dragonz
Captain

Cookie Seduction
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:09 am
Eternal_Dragonz
yes spelling and punctuation count...

cry poor,poor us.. we who are not English speakers from birth...
but Ok, I don't have time for writing anyway...
Can you imagine, one time I want to write poor guy, but in that place post pure gay (I feel soo evil evil )  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:01 am
sfinksss
Eternal_Dragonz

Can you imagine, one time I want to write poor guy, but in that place post pure gay (I feel soo evil evil )

enter anyway...only 2 have so far...so what ever you have just put it here i will read it 3nodding  

Eternal Dragonz
Captain

AngelofLuna
Crew

Tiny Noob

7,850 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:55 am
Eternal_Dragonz
sfinksss
Eternal_Dragonz

enter anyway...only 2 have so far...so what ever you have just put it here i will read it 3nodding

Heh sweatdrop Im working fine with it... >_> Im not English by the way...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:22 pm
AngelofLuna
Eternal_Dragonz
sfinksss
Eternal_Dragonz

Heh sweatdrop Im working fine with it... >_> Im not English by the way...

yes you are and your story is good...however it is written^^  

Eternal Dragonz
Captain

-xBeautiful-x_x-Angelx-
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:22 pm
It's ok... If you're not the writing type, we're not making enter 3nodding
Next month i want to do a dream avi contest ^^ so I'm sure everyone will want to enter that one blaugh

For me... I would write something... but, i have other things to do, and i don't have that much patience to write anything right now sweatdrop

Sorry Sweetie! sweatdrop heart

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:25 pm
~Hanyou_Soulz~
It's ok... If you're not the writing type, we're not making enter 3nodding
Next month i want to do a dream avi contest ^^ so I'm sure everyone will want to enter that one blaugh

For me... I would write something... but, i have other things to do, and i don't have that much patience to write anything right now sweatdrop

Sorry Sweetie! sweatdrop heart

awwww*kiss&hug* it's okay sweetie i am not forcing you or anyone to enter the contest......and you do have the patience to write..you just don't and that's okay heart heart  

Eternal Dragonz
Captain

kitsune_chix XD

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:39 pm
Okay im new to the guild biggrin

Lucky
By:Crazy-no-jutsu

Once apon a time, a dog named lucky ran into a window. The owner of the window was mad. So he cut off all luckeys legs. Lucky lived, but he will always will be a vegetable,a surgical term meaning living but cant do anything by itself. Over the many years, Lucky had to be humanly uthinized. Then the next day, Lucky's son Lucky J.R (sorry couldn't think of a name) ran into the same window. Since then all of the Luckys(the 0234650193460519650176324107326150 of them) were cursed to run into the owners window. The bodys of the so many animals, Finally, filled the citys garbage cans and landfills. The city became ran down because of the stinch. Soon enough, the world became stinky.

THE END  
Give Away Contests!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces