Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
My Hair's about to eat this style! ((I need help w/ style)) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elli go BOOM

Wheezing Saint

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:23 am
Ok, So I want to add alittle flair to my work uniform, so I'm going to try and do my hair in a set of pigtails that I realy like... Only problem, I've got SOO MUCH HAIR!, any one know how to help? crying

How I want my hair to look:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

My hair:
User Image

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:27 pm
Go to a salon and get your hair cut and layered a bit that'll thin it out and shorten it. Bonus points for the Heavy Red Apnea pic heart I actually have that shirt.  

xXx Bisque xXx

blackfoxi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:43 pm
i wish i had that much hair, mine is unfortunately down to my shoulders.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:25 pm
LemonBisque
Go to a salon and get your hair cut and layered a bit that'll thin it out and shorten it. Bonus points for the Heavy Red Apnea pic heart I actually have that shirt.

I just got that shirt... and had to shorten the sleves by like 4 inches!! Do I have short arms or were your sleves WAY to long.

And by the way I LOVE her hair.  

DarkPrincesa

Lord Charlemain Richards

Thirteenth Lover

12,825 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Vintage 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:32 pm
LemonBisque
Do not do this, unless you actually want shorter, thinner hair. All yu really need is bigger hairbands. There are some that are about a hand's width across, which would hold a larger amount of hair better. A hair clip or two under the pigtails to support them might help.
Hm, I really think the main thing you need to get that style it to nap it a little. It makes me wince to say this,since you have such nice, healthy hair. Try using some hairspray.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:02 pm
Just go to the hair dressers. Chop chop, all good.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

sk_cooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:06 pm
or if you really want thinner hair go get it thinned. It doesn't do anything to the length, simply makes it thinner.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:29 pm
sk_cooper
or if you really want thinner hair go get it thinned. It doesn't do anything to the length, simply makes it thinner.

You could also get your hair layered. Doesn't thin it out, but it's lighter. I did. I love it!  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

DMSeraphim

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:41 pm
Don't thin it. You are super lucky to have that much hair do to something with in the first place. Plus, if you're dying it and such, you want to do fewer chemical treatments overall, so as not to fry it or make it mushy. (Worst case, it makes it like overcooked pasta, and that my friend, is a nightmare.) The cutting and layering is a great idea. If I were you I would do a Peek-A-Boo red bottom/black top.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:15 pm
DMSeraphim
Don't thin it. You are super lucky to have that much hair do to something with in the first place. Plus, if you're dying it and such, you want to do fewer chemical treatments overall, so as not to fry it or make it mushy. (Worst case, it makes it like overcooked pasta, and that my friend, is a nightmare.) The cutting and layering is a great idea. If I were you I would do a Peek-A-Boo red bottom/black top.

HA HA HA! I'm actuall going to do that, I'm going over spring break and getting the peek-a-boo bright red in back and a red streak on the side.

And no I don't want to thin it out, because having this much hair is a must for an Amy Lee impersonator like myself. So I love the long thick hair. I actuall got it to work. And yes even though i die it, it is VERY healthy, i rarely have split ends and it's always shining. so i don't intend to get any chemicals put in it.

((my secret to healthy died hair?: die hair as normal, & pick up a 99 cent packet of extrastrength conditioner from sallys beauty supply. wash hair as normal and work in the conditioner, leave in for ten minutes (yes, i said ten) make sure it's in a towel for the 10 min. to keep it moist. go back to shower and rince hair with warm water. DONOT SHAMPOO AGAIN. wait two days before washing hair again ((this gives you hair time to rejuvinate it's natural oils with the help of the conditioner)) wear you hair in a pony tail or a bun for the two days if you're self concious. on the second day wash as normaly would and voala, healthily died hair!))

Elli go BOOM

Wheezing Saint

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Battle: Cleric 100

DMSeraphim

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:06 am
Super awexome! you shouldpost a pic of it after it's done. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:11 am
Look for a good hair stylist; post a pic after you're done smile  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

m a r l o w

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:52 pm
Try getting your bangs cut and then layering pink underneath some black, it would look super-rad with some smudged black eyeshadow. <3

I have my sides shaved behind my ears, and it looks awesome.
(I'm a girl by the way) I can pin it back so its visable, or I can let it down so no one can see it. Its like, convertable hair. XD

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:26 am

It won't look so good.
Try it though.

User Image

ilovecherry19

Silly_Doll

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:31 am
LemonBisque

Good advice, because if she wants that style that is all she really can do. My best friend had even longer hair and I would trim and style it all the time. The only thing I could really do with her hair was streighten it... It was down to her butt! eek  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff