What about you?
  Yes, nearly to everyone.
  Yes, sometimes.
  No, not really.
  Are you crazy?! Burn thy witch!!!
View Results

[TL]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:29 pm
I dunno, I just feel it's over-used. I tell my mom I love her all the time because I do. But what about my aunts? My grandparents. Do I really love them, or do I just say it because it's polite?

Discuss: "I love you." Is it over-used?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:37 pm
Ugh. Definitely over used. gonk

I mean, at my school, all you have to do (if you're popular, that is) is say "I love you" and you immediatly get into their pants that night. You then wake up remembering how s**t the sex was, so you break up and "love" someone else.

Sorry, I have the most stupid, retarded sluts in my school. (Mind you, I suppose it all comes with the ned/chav label. gonk stupid, stupid people...).

I even use it myself. I say "I love you!" if my friends have done a HUGE favour for me and I am very thankful for it. I tell me best friend all the time (although when I say it in a different tone, it usually means I want to beg for something. xD "I luff you...you luff me right? Please buy me £150 worth of chocolate? I luff you..." sort of thing xD), and of course I say it to my mum.

However, I do believe that if used properly and with sincerity, it would be different, such as a typical romantic scene, holding hands, both blushing, ready to confess about their love. Then that's when those three words just become absolutely sweet. xD

NikiPaprika

2,650 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Racer Q

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:39 pm
I try not to use it unless I really feel it. I say it to my parents (very infrequently) and to the girl i really do feel for. Otherwise i have created a hierarchy of words that i use in its place.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:20 pm
It is quite over-used, but I try to reserve it for when dealing with people who I truly treasure.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

-Isel-

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:53 pm
Overused.

I say it to my close friends, my close relatives, and my lover(s).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:52 pm
"I love you" Is used way too much. I love my boyfriend I really do. heart It is not that puppy love crap. So when I say "I love you" to him It just doesn't seem like a strong enough of a word any more. I used to have a really hard time saying that to people, so I only tell people I that I really love "I love you" biggrin  

tears_of_blood_452

-VelvetDreamz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:57 pm
a looooong time ago when i first started gaia just around the time joind this guild-thingie i made a topic about this xD and i agree that it's way overused a sorta friend of mine was all like i love this girl so much and he was all emo when he couldn't see her and not a week after that he dumped het 1.5 week before the x-mas prom thingie -.-

and i'm now sorta dating a girl and i do love her and i say it every time i speak with her xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:40 pm
I do think it is overused a lot. I only say that when I truly mean it, which is to my close friends, family and boyfriend. I think that many people think that part of being in a relationship with someone is having to say that, and than they misuse it when they don't have the true feelings for the person.  

Ninja-xx-love

Androgynous Mind

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:02 pm
I think for the most part, it's underused on people you love- there are probably a lot more of them around than you think- and overused for the sake of politeness, sometimes.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:02 pm
i don't really believe in love, so i say "i love you" a lot, but i mean nothing by it  

tamachan414

Corpse_Bride_131

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:58 pm
I think it's really over-used.
Even I say it sometimes just to be polite, or what ever but I usually save it for my best buddies. Those are really the only people I actually love right now. lol.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:04 pm
i on;y use it with people i realy mean it with...family..love intrests....my best friends....  

ketchakik

DJ Database

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:58 pm
im pretty stingy with saying "I love you"I dont tell me parents I love them at all.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:34 am
I don't really say it to my mum/brothers/dad. We all know we love each other and that's enough. heart  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

DarkPrincesa

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:08 am
I agree that it is overused. I find myself using it with my fiance as a filler or as a I have nothing else to say. When I really truly am in a moment when I am overwhelmed and overfilled with love for him... words dont fit. Just a feeling. Sometimes in these times I say I love you but usually just a tight hug.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff