Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
The Goddamn Irony. Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Text fonts and the like.
  Yes.
  If I wanted to see colours like that, I'd go watch a sweet factory explode.
View Results

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:44 pm
It's worst here. People go out of their way to make perfect posts with proper grammar, punctuation, context and the like.

Then the make their text bright pink/yellow/green, add some strikethroughs and italics, then make it rediculously small.

This, in my opinion, is worse than txt-tlk, I'm going to go get some blind glasses now.

What do you think of this rediculous text-mutilation?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:48 pm
It's okay to make your posts an alternate but still readable colr and otherwise spiff it up, but it does get annoying when people get carried away.

However, I don't see this nearly as much as txt talk and I personally find txt talk much more bothersome.  

Astral Sun

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:58 pm
I agree, it's the massive/tiny pink/yellow writing hat bugs me out, I don't mind mild alternation, also I don't mind signature pics as long as they don't take up most of the post.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:04 pm
I admit to having a hard time reading very tiny writing in pale colors. It gives me a headache trying to read it.  

hippiepoet1964

MadnessFreak

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:11 pm
I'm pretty much blind now. X.x  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:55 pm
Are your referencing this, this,
or this? because I find all of the above more irksome then "i".  

God of lunchboxes

omiyashi0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:06 pm
Ugh, yeah the texts of bright colors are really, really annoying. I can read them, but it's still frustrating. I don't mind the tiny font, it's merely the really bright colors that make me mad.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:12 pm
I don't mind white text if used in humorous context...
DO NOT HIGHLIGHT THE BELOW.

OMGLOLPWNZORZ;LOLOLOLN00BSSSSSWHITETXTLLOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLWHITETEXTLOLLOLLOLL
OL
OLOL
OL
O
LO
L
OL
O
GFJGGGGGGGGGGGG
WHITE TEXT '@@:@@@'
'''@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@'

MadnessFreak

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:20 pm
I must say it is acceptable, because you can still read what they posted. Of course I love to have my posts in a certain color to keep track of where my post is on a page. Now if it is white text I go insane.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:24 pm
Colored posts are fine. It's the little tiny type in the pale colors that makes it almost impossible to read without putting my nose to the screen. *smiles*  

hippiepoet1964

limp dick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:28 pm
I merely make my font 2 or 3 sizes smaller than the norm.

I think that's acceptable.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:33 pm
limp d**k
I merely make my font 2 or 3 sizes smaller than the norm.

I think that's acceptable.

Yes, I find what you type easy to read. Again, for me it's the small font/pale color combination.  

hippiepoet1964

Gilco

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:35 pm
I don't mind bright text because I highlight everything I read now.
>_< Too many forums for me. Anyways when it is really small I usually skip it. I have bad eyesight now, why should I have to strain and make it worse? If I know it's important i'll read it but if not consider yourself ignored.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:59 pm
I hate neon colors in text because it hurts the eyes. I don't mind smaller text providing that it's in a dark color. I have plenty of friends who use smaller text and a color like dark blue, which is fine. It hurts when it goes neon though. xP  

chrystalclear

The MoUsY spell-checker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:02 am
I think that bright colours are difficult to read on a white background. I have bad eyesight too. However, that's not the worst that can happen. I remember that Neopets' forums used to allow users to post in "glowing" and "shadowed" text, and it was easy to create practically unreadable combinations. (I think there was an option to browse the forums without the formatting though, and those formatting options have been removed.)

I don't have a problem with people posting in small text because I have the minimum font size set to 20. (It's not that big on a 1920 by 1200 screen resolution.) On some sites the limit doesn't seem to work, but so far it's been fine on Gaia.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff