Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
what would you do if they made

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dose this sound yummy?
  mmmm... tasty!
  kewl
  eeeeeewwwww!!!! gross!!!!
  not sure what to say
View Results

krapolaonastick

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:47 pm
what would you do if they made knitting needles that smelled and tasted like apple pie?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:29 am
Not buy them? xp

I can see the appeal of knitting needles smelling like something, but why have them taste like anything.

Besides, the work would get smelly. Apple pie knitted hat anyone?  

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Tes

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:45 pm
~
One would only assume that to make knitting needles smell and taste like apple pie they would have to make them edible, or cover them in flavour. Of course this would mean that it would put all kinds of gross oils into your work. I wouldn't eat a sandwich while knitting, why would one use food to knit with.
LOL and who would stick knitting needles in their mouth, whee potential for brain skewers.

~

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:48 pm
Tes
~
One would only assume that to make knitting needles smell and taste like apple pie they would have to make them edible, or cover them in flavour. Of course this would mean that it would put all kinds of gross oils into your work. I wouldn't eat a sandwich while knitting, why would one use food to knit with.
LOL and who would stick knitting needles in their mouth, whee potential for brain skewers.

~

I sincerely agree with that.  

Silver Mist

krapolaonastick

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:54 pm
i was board and i thought of that rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:03 am
hahaha that is funny I would probably just nibble on them and never actually use them for knitting  

sparklingbutterfly

Silvander

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:31 pm
I would't buy them. I'd get them home, start something (regradless of strange smell/taste oils), leave for a minute and come bavck to find my dog has eaten them and partially chewed my work in the process. Hopefully he won't have skewered his brain, but with my dog, you never know.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:30 am
I would have a shortage of yarn because all of my money would be going towards buying more delicious apple pie knitting needles xD  

rheane

krapolaonastick

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:08 pm
wow! eek what was i thinking when i posted this question?

mabey i shouldn't get that high on poprocks next time stare  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:40 pm
or maybe scented yarn... I would go without the tastiness of it though. Then someone could crochet/knit a scented apple or banana or something! interesting.... xd  

pheonixearth

Umberella

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:20 pm
If they weren't sticky, I might go for them.
But I'd rather have lavender or rose scented. You could put a pomander of any scent you wanted on the ends. Maybe I'll try that! Then you could have a light scent floating through the air each time you switched needles back and forth.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:58 pm
That could be interesting...but as long as they weren't sticky. I think it would be better if they were scented rather than flavored though. Like the others have said, no brain skewing -_-'  

noocleer_biskit

Zahra Ovaci

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:31 am
Well, I know for wooden needles at least you can get whatever scent you want so long as you make them yourself. After you've sanded down the dowels you'll need some kind of oil and/or wax to seal them with, so they don't expand/contract in the weather and crack and chip. What I do, is I get some Orange/Vanilla oil from the local new age shop (love the smell of this stuff!), add it to some melted beeswax and lanolin (melt on a double boiler) to make my needle wax. Then when that's cool and solid again, I heat up the needles in the oven (low temp, like 250-300 degrees, on a foil-lined pan) so the wood expands, then turn off the oven, take 'em out with oven mitts and rub the needle wax in thickly, and stick 'em back in while the oven cools. I've done it on a toaster oven too, but that was for DPNs, which of course were shorter. The wax/oil/lanolin mix makes them nice and smooth, not at all sticky, and imparts a nice scent to relax you while you knit smile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:35 pm
I would have like 50000 needles then wink

Lisa in Wonderland

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas