Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Stargate Guild
*~*MONTHLY CONTESTS*~* (NEED PARTICPANTS!!)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I keep all the contests listed, or delete them as we go?
Keep
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Toss
11%
 11%  [ 1 ]
I dunno...
33%
 33%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 9

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:48 pm
Hello!!

I thought having a monthly contest would be neat!

So in a day Or two I will have our first one. Prizes will range from gold to items and perhaps a cutom siggy xd

CONTEST 1 COMPLETED
Rearrange these letters to form a name, item,thing or place relating to Stargate

Example: NGU that it is 1 mord with 3letters
Answer: GUN

*If the name, item, thing, or place has two or more words in it it will look like this ---> 3/4 (first word had 3 letters, second word has 4 letters etc.)

*If the name is hyphenated it still counts as only one word.

So here is the quiz!

1. MCATRSREA(3/5)
2. SCNADIOAJLENK(6/7)
3. LEELLCRACNOII(7/6)
4. TTASGERA ( 8 )
5. RHTO(4)
6. CEATL(5)
7. SLAANTIT( 8 )
8. DMHAONM(7)
9. LACKJOLEIN(4/6)
10 FWPONAFTAAE(5/6)
11. NCVREHO (7)
12. EFCOEF(6)
13. AAKRAS(6)
14. OHAPSI(6)
15. RAKOT(5)

**PM your answers to me.
***Quiz ends at the end of the month!!

Good luck to all!!

CONTEST 2

This contest will be different from the previous, as I hope we will have many different types of contests to peak everyones interest!!

This one will be a writing contest, dont be discouraged now, there are guidlines so eveyrone has a chance!!!

Guidelines

1. Either choose ONE chartacer or a COUPLE, your choice. Please do not choose all SG-1 members sweatdrop

2. I want you to deal with a conflict or inner most feeling of either ONE person or a COUPLE. i.e. Jack/Sam and their "love".

3. Be detailed.

4. Do not write in a script format. i.e.
Jack: blah blah
Sam: blah blah

5. Develope the characters to a end, as in conclude it, no cliff hangers! xd

6. It can be as long as you want wink

If there are any other questions please let me know smile

Also I need like two people (who will not participate) to help me judge, the first two to PM me will get the jobs wink

Good Luck!!

Also this contest will end at a certain time, not when I get the first entry, and there will be palces, like 1st, 2nd and 3rd. This contest will end December 13 and will be judged and awards given by December 17.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:55 pm
Neat! I thought about doing something like this but alas, I don't have any gold to give away--or items--since I'm saving up for other things. You should put up rules or guidlines for the contest. If you need help or anything, contact me, okay?  

SammySue
Crew

Dea and #Teddy#
Crew

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:33 pm
oooooo, I like this idea very much smile  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:02 pm
I think this is an awesome idea...though I do believe I'm going to fail miserably! xd  

Kaylee_Serenity

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 6:49 am
Tyra
I think this is an awesome idea...though I do believe I'm going to fail miserably! xd

Oh, don't say that!!

*Just a hint to every one- #3 Is teh hardest one...you'll have to really think about characters....because they may have been just talked about or seen once wink Good luck  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:00 pm
The only ones I can't get are 3, 10, 12, and 14! crying  

SpiritKeeper

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:06 pm
SpiritKeeper
The only ones I can't get are 3, 10, 12, and 14! crying

Come on you can do it!!! You got the hardest one!!!

Just think of the charcters wink  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:44 am
stupid..*pout*....i can't get 3 and 4....stupid...must work harder!!..meditate!!!!..  

Lt. Colonel Sam Carter

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:21 pm
I have decided that the prize each month, more then likely, will be a Donation Letter of that month. xd  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:27 pm
ARGH, I've got everything but 11!  

kulkulkan

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:54 am
Ok, i think teh fairest way to do this is...

The contest will run untill the end of the month...or till some one gets ALL the answers correct. And we have two winners for this contest.

Will those people who submitted all 15 answers PM me and we will discuss your prize smile

Stay tuned for the next contest!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:51 pm
This is a brilliant Idea thanks for making so much fun to be able to win something is nice.  

Prometheus1

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:25 pm
Prometheus30
This is a brilliant Idea thanks for making so much fun to be able to win something is nice.

Thats what I was thinking...people have strengths in different areas...i want everyone to have a shot wink  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 8:41 am
OK, due to low participation, this contest will run f untill New Years (January 1, 2005).

Please participate fellow SGers!! If someone else wants to judge, I have been working on a fic that I will submit...but please we need more people...  

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

_Elphie_Thropp_
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:14 am
I am going to end this...not enough interest...if folks wanna re-start it just lemme know wink  
The Stargate Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games