Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
Anyone Else Seen This? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lily-Anne-Marie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:08 pm
So, I was perusing around Gaia for a little while when I came upon this guy's signature. It was a moving banner, much like those of us in this guild have, only it was not our banner. Instead it was telling us to take our banners out of our signatures because it is promoting "Grammar Naziism."

I do not remember who it was though, so I could not tell you who it was that had it. All I could do after I read it was laugh. Apparently, those of us who care about grammar are evil, sadistic, and we are grammar nazis.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:37 pm
I think that I am a grammar Nazi. Only because It pains me to hear bad grammar, and to speak it, I kick myself when I speak it.  

saotomi5102

sdfghjklsdfghjskldfghjkls

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:48 pm
saotomi5102
I think that I am a grammar Nazi. Only because It pains me to hear bad grammar, and to speak it, I kick myself when I speak it.

Do you kick yourself when you type incorrectly?
For example, when you capitalize "it" when it's in the middle of the sentence?  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:38 pm
I think I'm a grammer Nazi...I find myself correcting people, even if they're teachers, who get really irritated if I do....
But yes, I AM A PROUD GRAMMER NAZI!
blaugh  

[Joan De Arc]

Dreaming in the Theatre

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:13 pm
I think grammar is a silly thing to Nazi over. Just politely inform them of their mistake; I'm sure you aren't the perfect example of pristine grammar either.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:13 pm
[Joan De Arc]
I think I'm a grammer Nazi...I find myself correcting people, even if they're teachers, who get really irritated if I do....
But yes, I AM A PROUD GRAMMER NAZI!
blaugh
Right on! Grammar for the win!  

Mawnster

2,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100

red_moon_wolfess

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:16 pm
Grammar Nazisum? What do they think we do with the people who speak bad grammar? Last I checked we didn't have any proper grammar concentration camps. Unless you count our school system as one, but with some teachers' grammar slipping away like it is I hardly count that.

what makes us grammar nazis? other than our uncanny relation to the Soup Nazi only with grammar? xd  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:27 am
Me, Grammar Nazi? Hell yeah!  

ramforce

iMUFFIN HOAR

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:24 am
Nazi, I think, is the wrong term. Because, well, Nazi's suck and should be beaten until bloody and dead with a tennis racquet mad . I think I shall try to think of a better term to discribe what it is we all are. And what's wrong with promoting good grammer? Nothing as far as I can tell. Nazi=evil, good grammer=good, so...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:27 am
vindicated_angel
I think grammar is a silly thing to Nazi over. Just politely inform them of their mistake; I'm sure you aren't the perfect example of pristine grammar either.
3nodding  

dark_elf

Chase Keyhole

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:26 am
I've been -trying- not to correct people. They usually get mad at me when I do.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:29 am
I don't correct. I just laugh at their inane stupitity.  

MadnessFreak

Dreaming in the Theatre

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:37 pm
red_moon_wolfess
Grammar Nazisum? What do they think we do with the people who speak bad grammar? Last I checked we didn't have any proper grammar concentration camps. Unless you count our school system as one, but with some teachers' grammar slipping away like it is I hardly count that.

what makes us grammar nazis? other than our uncanny relation to the Soup Nazi only with grammar? xd

seconded heart

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:54 pm
Eh, in comment to the original intent to this topic, there's not much you can do about such people. Entitled to their opinions and all. Either they can have their minds changed, or can't.

Let's stick to those that 'wish' to be taught, not those that look to be... well.. dense. =oo=  

Imladris_Kerenska

Eternal Demigod

9,900 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Divine Donator 100

poggles

Sparkly Fairy

6,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:03 pm
Intuicide
saotomi5102

Do you kick yourself when you type incorrectly?
For example, when you capitalize "it" when it's in the middle of the sentence?

xd

In response to the grammar nazi banner...I love to laugh at stupid people. It's even more fun when they think they have something to laugh at. smile  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff