Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
closeted crochet Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lee Kushrenada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:07 pm
this is a great video!
any one who knits or crochets has to see this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZcUjYpjKZs&eurl=http://www.masondixonknitting.com/  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:36 pm
Omg, I nearly peed myself laughing at this. That is excellent.  

Silvander

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:16 pm
OMG! I've run across so many knitters like that. I walked into one yarn store and the owner just about threw me out when I just mentioned that I crocheted. Luckily my LYS is crochet friendly, at least to a point.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:21 pm
Why would a yarn store owner care? I mean, crochet takes more yarn. More yarn = more $$.

Anyway, I thought the video was hilarious, especially the fact that the little dishcloths that the crocheter was waving around were knitted. A coworker's mother knit one for me in the exact same pattern when she heard I had taken up knitting. It just added a whole new element of silly to the video! XP  

Tinuvial

Tes

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:01 pm
~
It probably wasn't the owner, I find the owners don't actually care one way or the other even in the snobbiest of stores. It's employees. It's the silent disgust that gets me, lol like knitting is superior. I just chuckle to myself and go about my business. There are more important things in the world to care about than what some elitist crafter thinks.
~

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:45 pm
isnt it funny how rood yarn shops can be.
there are two in my town, and the one I go to, the owner is all ways working and she is SO sweet! she all ways asks me what I'm knitting... and now that I think of it she's one who showed me how to crochet. xd funny.
the other store is full of b***h's! and the owner is the bigest one, every one knows that theyer all rood, they have the story that you can see from the rode and that's the only way the make their money, cuz once you've been in once, you wont go back. xp  

Lee Kushrenada

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:33 pm
I was sitting here, head tilted hamtaro style, complete with soundeffects. "heeka?" (i haven't been babysitting a youngling who watches hamtaro... no...)

I found it amusing, being a knitter and a crocheter... The part where their talking about knitters first projects vs crocheters first projects... scarves vs granny squares....

My first crochet project was a scarf, done in single crochet. My first knitting project was a small motif, several of them (which i've always ment to form into a scarf...) I think i may be backwards. mad D

All the yarn stores i've been in have been really nice... granted i've been to all of two, and one of them was so busy that there wasn't time to talk much, so it was just a 'what are you making?" at the registar, and i happend to be knitting with that yarn....

The one nearer to me, that i normally go to, they're really nice. THey don't even care that i get most of my yarn from knitpicks cause i'm poor. I still get a friendly welcome when i come in the door, advice when i need it, even if i'm crocheting.

So at the end of the video, i was expecting the song to go 'but none for the crocheter who lives down the lane"... was that just me?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:12 am
I loved it!! xd Of course, I was watching on my laptop with headphones in studio, so I couldnt laugh outline, but it was damned hard.  

Silver Mist

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:13 pm
That was absolutely hilarious!
Though my family encourages the knitter in me, I came from a crochet family lol. And since I do both, I laughed SO hard when they would go back and forth.
That was absolutely positively hi-freaking-larious!  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:27 pm
a great name for a school club, or any kind for that matter, would be "the crochet-knit alliance". xd  

Lee Kushrenada

spiffydesu

5,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:30 pm
OH MY GOD! HE'S SO HER b***h! rofl

This was hilarious!
I'm tired of seeing very few cool books for crocheters, so I've decided I'm gonna write my own... with things more than doilies, dish clothes, and granny squares!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:33 pm
spiffydesu

Glad to see someone else thought the same thing! ^^  

Silver Mist

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:41 pm
Silver Mist
spiffydesu

Glad to see someone else thought the same thing! ^^

You totally aren't the only one!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:42 pm
spiffydesu

This was hilarious!
I'm tired of seeing very few cool books for crocheters, so I've decided I'm gonna write my own... with things more than doilies, dish clothes, and granny squares!

I'd totally buy it, I've wanted to write a book for that too!  

Story From The Stars

2,950 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200

Tes

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:22 am
~
I'm sitting here working up some dishcloths in tunisian crochet and I'm thinking, maybe those dischcloths she was showing was in tunisian stockinette which looks a whole lot like knitting (save that it is thicker)
LOL a little after the fact and not actually that important... ninja

~

Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas