Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Recycled Water
  Yes
  Never in a million years
View Results

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:17 pm
Water from sewerage is being treated and recycled. Govt' say that we can't taste the difference and that we won't get sick from it.

I actually agree. And I think that this is a great step forward for our forever drought stricken country.

My pet peeve is that local councils are replacing cement pipes with plastic pipes. STOP THIS NOW. With cement pipes the water was always really cold when it came from the tap, being stone and underground. But plastic pipes bring out the worst taste, and cold water can actaully be warm on summer days - making that awful taste even worse.

What's your opinion on recycled water or any other issues?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:02 am
It's funny, because if you did wait 1 million years to drink water, that water will have been recycled through the environment anyway.

Recycled water will have to be a necessity in this nation pretty soon. People need to get over their reservations about contamination, because the filtering process is incredibly thorough, and there's nothing wrong with the end product.  

WellzY
Crew

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:23 am
WellzY
It's funny, because if you did wait 1 million years to drink water, that water will have been recycled through the environment anyway.

Recycled water will have to be a necessity in this nation pretty soon. People need to get over their reservations about contamination, because the filtering process is incredibly thorough, and there's nothing wrong with the end product.

this is pretty much it. we are going to have to do it at some stage, cause unless we get a 40 flood across the entire nation, we are kinda more than stuffed.

as for that concrete pipe thing, concrete erodes easier than plastic, plus plastic can be put underground easier, 2 advantages it has  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:10 am
i belive that treated water is better than some boer bwater we drink  

Black-Almaz

Ozumou

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:56 pm
All water is recycled.. everyone lives downstream to someone..

aggree with you over the pipes.. and the plastic will not last as long either..

I have just bought a gray water hose for my washing machine...

This drought is nothing like anything I have ever seen before.. In Japan we just let the water run.. and run.. and run.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:10 am
they said elnino is over...maybe now we can get some damn rain  

Black-Almaz

Lynx Raven Raide

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:24 am
Black-Almaz
they said elnino is over...maybe now we can get some damn rain

the problem is where it is falling. i know it has been bucketing down here the past 2 nights, but i doubt any of it got in the dams, or where it is needed. then again, the places where it is needed are that damn dry that they need more, or it actually screws up the land with erosion  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:44 am
very true but at least the season for rain is open...i'm looking fowerd to..my footy field needs some green grass on it  

Black-Almaz

the_weird_1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:09 am
I've also been told that Australia needs it's own version of the nile, any ideas how we might begin building a river through the middle of Aust?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:14 am
well we have tried pumping water from one lake to anouther ad that bombed out..so i dont know how unless we build a weather device of some kind  

Black-Almaz

Ozumou

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:24 am
about 150 years ago there was a plan to run the rivers from QLD south.. which would solve a lot of water problesm..

also teh idea of drought prrofing rivers by letting the natural river beds ( a lot swampier and NO WILLOW) be re-established. I ahve seen this work... lusy for riverside picnics but great for wildlife.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:24 pm
the_weird_1
I've also been told that Australia needs it's own version of the nile, any ideas how we might begin building a river through the middle of Aust?

the thing is the murry-darling system is our nile. if you look at the nile, the start of it is in a very idealic spot, which gets a lot of rain, but here more water is taken out of the murry-darling than is put back in by nature. not to mention the egyptians have had millenia to perfect their use of the nile, where as we have only had a bit over 200 years  

Lynx Raven Raide

Falethial

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:07 pm
Hmmm I'm all for it. The irony is that one of my best friend's parents is a scientist at one of the treatement works on the central coast. Hell I've been eating the watermelons he grows for years...nicest watermelon I've ever had too! Lol. And really I live downstream from no-one! *cackles* the sky, a bit of hill, that's it! Mmm the wonders of living in the bush! That and I'm on tank water, and seriously, I bet there's things growing in my tank that would not be growing in recycled water. And see, I'm not insane...much!  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:02 pm
Falethial
Hmmm I'm all for it. The irony is that one of my best friend's parents is a scientist at one of the treatement works on the central coast. Hell I've been eating the watermelons he grows for years...nicest watermelon I've ever had too! Lol. And really I live downstream from no-one! *cackles* the sky, a bit of hill, that's it! Mmm the wonders of living in the bush! That and I'm on tank water, and seriously, I bet there's things growing in my tank that would not be growing in recycled water. And see, I'm not insane...much!
well that is it, they use grey water for a lot of things, such as growing fruit and vegetables, and even watering the lawns on golf courses. with the extra filtering, there is no real difference between recycled water and normal water. hell, fish and other water animals have to s**t somewhere, not to mention the ones from other animals that get washed into the supply...  

Lynx Raven Raide

Vashu Is Not A Pervert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:37 am
it dosent matter to me my water taste like s**t regardless whats in it sad  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items