Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
How do Sims get the flu?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can sims get flu from other sims?
  yesh
  nope
View Results

Blue~Power

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:14 am
Please help! I have a 54 day old sim and a child, and they constantly have the flu. xd I make them rest, and it says 'Your sim is healthy again' and immediatly after that, they get the flu. The child's grades are suffering because she cant go to school xp  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:18 am

The kid should be able to go to school - she won't die or anything.

Sims usually get flu from cockroaches - if they have an infestation and your sims run out to try and squash them, chances are they'll get the flu.

The flu is also contageous - so if the adult has it, and hugs or kisses the child, it'll be passed on to the kid.

Suggest: YOU DIRTY PERSON, CLEAN UP YOUR SIMS HOUSE AND STOP HAVING ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN FAMILY!! gonk

Just kidding, dear. But yar, get rid of those roaches! wink

Greenzally

WindhoesXP

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:14 pm
Greenzally

The kid should be able to go to school - she won't die or anything.

Sims usually get flu from cockroaches - if they have an infestation and your sims run out to try and squash them, chances are they'll get the flu.

The flu is also contageous - so if the adult has it, and hugs or kisses the child, it'll be passed on to the kid.

Suggest: YOU DIRTY PERSON, CLEAN UP YOUR SIMS HOUSE AND STOP HAVING ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS BETWEEN FAMILY!! gonk

Just kidding, dear. But yar, get rid of those roaches! wink

LOL INCEST.

You can actually do that s**t with the boolprop cheat...I think I'll make a family and call them the incests XDDDDD

Cant you also get it from eating burnt or old stinky food? I think thats how my sims got it once.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:10 pm
Eating bad food gives you food poisoning, not flu so that one shouldn't be contagious.
Besides cockroaches here is also a small chance that a Sim can come home from school or work with the flu. I think its something like 2%

PS moved to Q&A  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

promised_forever

8,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:21 am
Yeah... I have no cockroaches in my house, but alot of the time the husband will come home from work with the flu.

Has anyone noticed that in Strangetown, no matter what you do... you continuously get sick?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:45 pm
Maybe that's just your game? My Sims in my Strangetown are quite healthy. Maybe you have a contaminated Sim visiting community lots when your playable Sims are so it keeps spreading?  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

FreeYourSoul

Blessed Prophet

9,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:58 pm
Having someone prepare a meal for the family who is sick, will also cause everyone who eats from the meal to get sick. Try ordering out instead of making a home cooked meal until everyone is healthy again.  
Emradrig rolled 2 6-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:57 am
Any contagious illness will be spread on the items the sim uses, or so I've heard. If someone is sick, don't let others use the same toilet, the same chairs, the same computer, anything. Just quarantine the sick person.  

Emradrig

Aged Healer

9,050 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Healer 50
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items