Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Baby Ideas

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

katarasin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:18 pm
I just found out that my Friend is going to be a daddy and I want to knit him something for his baby but i'm not sure what. Do you guys have any creative ideas? cause all i can think about is a blanket.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:45 pm
One of my coworkers recently had a baby, and since he and his wife always host the department Halloween party (she's a huge fan of the holiday), I knit their daughter a pumpkin hat. Then, I cut out a cute little felt face and stitched it on.

There are all kinds of adorable and funky patterns for baby hats that you can personalize to the expecting couple. Plus, baby hats are easy and quick. A blanket. . . O.o. I'm not brave enough for that!  

Tinuvial

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:14 pm
Theres all kinds of things you can knit. Sweaters, blankets, booties, hats, something for the daddy to wear when he has to get up at 2 am to answer his baby's cries....

My mom always gives expectant parents warm slippers, and sometimes a bathrobe. 3nodding

One of my favorite presents for a small child is a stuffed animal. If you do this, be sure that its a sturdy stuffed animal, and that its face doesn't use beads for eyes. In general beads + babies = bad.

I've seen some cute cordinating blanket and hat sets....

You could always give a baby hat and a daddy hat sort of a thing. Make it out of gender-neutral colors so if the baby isn't the gender your expecting its not a big deal.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:21 am
I've seen hockey skate booties on Craftster that were knit. I've also seen the "ugh" boot booties, again on Craftster. Sweaters and hats are always good, you never know when it will get chilly, even in the summer, and baby needs to be kept warm.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Volatile Rainbow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:33 am
My friend is making a blanket for my baby (due in seven weeks, woot), but she's going to personalize it once the baby is born--on one side, the name; on the left, the weight and size of the baby; on the right side, the birth date, and on the bottom, "You are the light of my life." I think it will be gorgeous heart  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games